- door Firefox-gebruiker 11494868, 2 jaar geledenWaardering: 1 van 5This add-on takes over your cookies settings without telling you. Depending on how many bookmarks you have, this add-on might also freeze your browser for more than a few seconds.
- door adonios77, 3 jaar geledenWaardering: 1 van 5First it needs to scan, then, in the results not shows the full path of bookmark(s) but it shows them at second scan, then, you have to delete unneeded bookmarks one by one(!), then, I needed to refresh (scan again) and then not working, It freezes.
- door Batavian, 3 jaar geledenWaardering: 1 van 5As others have written, this extension has problems. The biggest are that while it might identify duplicates, it does not offer a way to select duplications for deletion. This might be fine if one had a few duplicates. It quite another thing if one has hundreds or more duplicates.
Second, the extension supposedly identifies broken links. However in spot checking some of these links, I find they are working.
Lastly, if one has thousands of bookmarks, this program will consume lots of memory. You mostly likely will get Firefox or even Windows to have problems.
- door Firefox-gebruiker 15003549, 3 jaar geledenWaardering: 1 van 5Does not work at all. Starts search for duplicates and begins counting down the number of bookmarks but bizarrely hits zero then continues towards negative-infinity. Never stops processing.
- door Firefox-gebruiker 14783909, 3 jaar geledenWaardering: 1 van 5Bei meinem Firefox tut das Addon leider gar nichts außer mit 3 grünen Punkten zu suchen. Von 'organisieren' ist überhaupt nichts zu sehen
- door Firefox-gebruiker 14775632, 3 jaar geledenWaardering: 1 van 5Nice job but my computer hangs after approx. 5000 bookmarks (11000 in total). Removed for now but will check progress from time to time.
- door Mike B, 3 jaar geledenWaardering: 1 van 5I'm reviewing this without even installing because it flat out is NOT a Organizer! All it does is find no longer working bookmarks, redirects, duplicates etc.
It doens't say anything about organizing bookmarks ANYWHERE in the very good description.
- door KT, 4 jaar geledenWaardering: 1 van 5It was only supposed to clean out the broken links (as that was all I selected) and it ended up removing ALL my Facebook bookmark links. So I am removing this. I seriously wish I had been as smart as reviewer of this addon Scott750 who did not let it delete but checked the bookmarks it wanted to delete first only to realize that the ones that were supposedly dead bookmarks actually were not. I wish I would have read Scott750's review before u sing this addon. I sincerely regret using this extension.
- door Firefox-gebruiker 14001516, 4 jaar geledenWaardering: 1 van 5WTF is this useless crap? Only identifies - you must still go through and individually delete dupes. You can merely do that in FF's poorly designed bookmark manager and waste as much time without some bum tracking you online.
- door Firefox-gebruiker 12379117, 4 jaar geledenWaardering: 1 van 5I had this thing go through my bookmarks. It scanned 1225 bookmarks and 90 had errors and 600 warnings. I was going to delete the errors, but I thought I would check first. The first 10 bookmarks with errors that I checked went right to the web page it was bookmarked for. Nothing wrong with the bookmarks that were marked for error. This thing is worthless and has people deleting perfectly good bookmarks. Uninstalling!
- door Firefox-gebruiker 14257630, 4 jaar geledenWaardering: 1 van 5Agree with the other users. Hangs and has my PC CPU running at the max. It's like it was mining for bitcoin. Developer or their spokesperson has a bad attitude. Just look at the comments left.
I wouldn't fall for the bogus positive reviews. Uninstalled.This add-on has nothing to do with mining for nonsense like Bitcoins and it's not okay to offend me. No, the lot of positive reviews are not bogus, most users are very happy with the add-on. There is still no (!) bug report on the issues tracker. There is not one person reported hangs.
But yes, if you have a lot of bookmarks of course it's a lot of work for Firefox to load all of them. That's not a issue of the add-on.
Your comment is wrong, offending and not constructive at all.
- door Firefox-gebruiker 14247066, 4 jaar geledenWaardering: 1 van 5Just hangs. The little fox logo in the top right jumps once, you select duplicates and the button to start working is greyed out. I've tried this several times in the last year or so, from complete re-installs and it doesn't work for me.Where is your error report on GitHub? It's not okay to give bad reviews without contacting the developer to figure out what's going wrong. There are no other reports that it doesn't work.
- door Firefox-gebruiker 12157899, 4 jaar geledenWaardering: 1 van 5sorry, but yes i really think this is useless unless you can actually delete all those duplicates! like i said, i don't need the add-on to laboriously go through my own bookmarks and spend way too much time deleting them one by one. please add this essential aspect, then i'd be happy to change it from one start to five!
- door Loquacious1, 4 jaar geledenWaardering: 1 van 5Didn't try to work. Selected an option to check duplicates, broken links or missing titles and the button to start remained grayed out on each one.
Developer: You mean like this other review you were quick to discredit and call fake that says the same thing I just did? You seem to not accept that your add on doesn't work for everyone and blame the user! This is a sign of developer arrogance. Your app is worthless if it doesn't work and it does NOT.
"I've installed it and I have a screen with a little box with 3 options of analysing bookmarks.
There are three balls rippling back and fore from small to large which I presume is telling me summat's happening, but - nothing's happening.
Half an hour now and Zero Bookmarks in the box on the screen.
Am I missing something ?
There IS also a box in which the words "Check bookmarks" appears. It is greyed out and cannot be selected."Since the release of Bookmarks Organizer 2.0 there were zero reports that it doesn't work. Please make sure that you have version 2.0 installed and test again…