- Waardering: 1 van 5door Mugitus, één maand geledenThe extension finds duplicate bookmarks, but these have to be evaluated one by one. There is no bulk processing option. Also it is not shown in which bookmark folders the duplicates are stored. So, for me the extension is useless.
- Waardering: 1 van 5door Firefox-gebruiker 17364957, 4 maanden geledenMost of the websites with "errors" are loading fine when I open them manually. And there doesn't seem to be a way to change delay between requests or timeout settings.
- Waardering: 1 van 5door 63kk0, 5 maanden geledenGot through over 19500 bookmarks, and it froze on the last 2! I left it alone for a good half hour before giving up. Sadly, this process took several hours, and was very resource intensive while running. The process appeared to be fruitful, there were many dead links to remove, but what good is it if it hangs just before completion?
- Waardering: 1 van 5door Kelue, één jaar geledenAs others have said, this is HALF of a really great addon. The search and duplication check is fast and accurate. But then it's like the developer just decided that was good enough and stopped there. The inability to delete more than one bookmark at a time, and EACH deletion requires you to click a confirmation box, renders this completely and utterly useless.
- Waardering: 1 van 5door bhrgunatha, één jaar geledenBEWARE: This add-on DOES NOT copy tags when it replaces a redirected URL. If you have tags and value them do NOT use this to replace redirects. Destroying your data is unforgivable.
Also this has obviously not been used or tested on a large number of bookmarks (I have over 2000) and it is a usability nightmare for two main reasons.
First, there is no way to select multiple URLS and apply a single action (remove duplicate or change a redirect).
Second, there is no way to use the keyboard to navigate or interact with the dialogs so you are forced to move and click with the mouse.
I AM aware there is a "Change ALL redirects" but this is dangerous e.g. many websites redirect to a login screen when you are logged out so now all your bookmarks for those sites would be for the login screen. Once again you need to adress these one-bu-one which I DID do only to discover my tag data deleted.There is no WebExtension API at all for tags. And what you described about tags is documented in the description of the add-on. If you don't read the description that's your fault, not the developer's fault. It's not okay to give a bad review just because you didn't read.
It's also not okay to tell it was tested on a large number bookmarks. I have more than 5,000 and it works for me.
- Waardering: 1 van 5door Michel, één jaar geledenWorks badly enough to be unuseable.
Finds as "broken" perfectly working, recent, fast bookmarks, so you have to check one by one everything it finds.
Does not say why the link has an error. Eg. if it doesn't answer, is broken (404), has an authentication error (which can be OK since you are not logged on), etc. so the results are useless.
It is not possible to mass-delete a group of bookmarks anyway.
Quite slow altogether, even with a 1Gb link it's slow.
Doesn't cache the results even for a little time so if you inavertendly close the result windows while checking for actually broken links, you must start over again.
Can't stop a running task, so if you started over again and find it too long, you can't cancel it to search for something else.
Can't choose where to start or which folder to check, it's all or nothing.
Won't remove obsolete separation lines, so if you deleted a number of bookmarks you get a collection of useless separation lines in the folder.
Will do nothing to actually "organize" your bookmarks, the name is misleading.
You cannot whitelist a folder.
Bye bye.It is not really slow if you think about it how the Bookmarks Organzier works. While I could make a few changes to make it a bit (not a lot!) faster if would mean that the quality of the results could no longer be the same. From a quality POV the Bookmarks Organizer has the most advanced algorithm to determine if bookmarks are still valid or not. We talk about bookmarks. I think false results are really bad for bookmarks. That's why I used an quality-focused approach.
Giving only one star just because it hasn't all the features you would like to see is a very bad way to interact with an add-on developer. There are no surprises at all, I described in detail what this add-on offers. So if it's not enough you could could know it before you installed the add-on. One star makes sense if the add-on does not hold what it promised but that's really nothing you could say about this add-on.
FWIW, I accept pull requests for enhancements and new features.
- Waardering: 1 van 5door Forby, één jaar geledenKatastrophe: Sah nach einem zweiten Durchlauf alle meine Lesezeichen als Fehler an und löschte sämtliche. Tipp: vorher Lesezeichenbackup machen!Mit Verlaub, aber das ist GELOGEN. Der Bookmarks Organizer löscht niemals von alleine Lesezeichen. Der Bookmarks Organizer löscht ausschließlich Lesezeichen, wenn du den Befehl zum Löschen gibst. Das ist ein Fakt. Es ist vom Code des Bookmarks Organizers her technisch gar nicht möglich, dass das von alleine passiert.
- Waardering: 1 van 5door Firefox-gebruiker 14784338, 2 jaar geledenThe scan feature is extremely fast, the fastest from the extensions I've used of this nature thus far. However, the lack of a delete all or a checkbox system to make that part of the process faster makes this utterly useless unless you only have a handful of bookmarks. At which point, you could do everything this extension does manually anyway. To make matters, better or worse, when deleting a bookmark you have to manually confirm its deletion.
I don't know about other users, but the reason I need an extension like this is because my bookmarks are in the 10,000 range (actually used to be more like 50,000 but it got better). Because of this, not only is it important that the scan feature is reliable and relatively quick, but the ease of what comes next is also important.
- Waardering: 1 van 5door Joe Broom, 2 jaar geledenDeveloper: "I think I'll automate the collection of information, but make actually doing anything with it as hard as possible!"
You can't even tab to the button you want to push on the popup.
Windows 3 had a better UI than this.
- Waardering: 1 van 5door Firefox-gebruiker 15995262, 2 jaar geledenSeems almost deliberately slow and tedious, like the developer thinks we want to sit and manually remove 1,000 duplicates one at a time.
- Waardering: 1 van 5door Khun Roger, 2 jaar geledenI know I've got a lot of bookmarks, but it is supposed to help me get rid of the dead ones and duplicates, so that is exactly what I want it to do.
But Firefox always crashes after about 4,000 are checked, 2,700 warnings and 300 errors.
So why, Mr Developer, don't you add the ability to select which folder of bookmarks to check? Or specify a number of bookmarks to check and then stop, so we can deal with some of the checked bookmarks before it crashes Firefox?
...just an idea.