Download Mozilla Firefox, een snelle, gratis manier om op het Web te surfen, om de duizenden hier beschikbare add-ons te proberen!Sluiten
Welkom bij Firefox Add-ons.
Maak een keuze uit duizenden extra functies en stijlen om Firefox van uzelf te maken.Sluiten
Over deze add-on
Barlesque is an extension for Mozilla Firefox 4.x that reclaims useful window space by collapsing the wide grey add-on bar into a neat set of add-on buttons. This extension is Firefox 4.x-only, as add-on bar is a new feature (introduced in Firefox 4.0b7).
Extension implements this proposal of Jennifer Boriss from Mozilla user experience group:
Name of extension comes from the word Burlesque and the name of add-on bar UI element of Firefox 4.
Barlesque expects user to have the add-on bar switched on ("View" menu -> "Toolbars" -> check the "Add-on Bar").
You'll see the effect of extension immediately after installation; add-on bar won't be the solid horizontal band at the bottom, but will cover only a portion of the space instead. Also, you can quickly hide the add-on bar by clicking on the dark-grey down arrow icon at the left (if add-on bar is bound to the right edge of screen) or right (left edge of screen) side of add-on bar. Later you can expand the add-on bar with the same icon (it will show up-facing arrow).
You can customize some aspects of Barlesque behavior through the options dialog ("Tools" menu -> "Add-ons" item -> "Options" button of "Barlesque"):
- "Show the collapser icon" option allows you to show/hide a small collapser icon next to the add-on bar; this icon allows you to quickly collapse/expand the bar. By default, extension shows the icon.
- By default, extension doesn't persist the collapsed/expanded state of add-on bar between browser sessions; "Remember the collapsed/expanded state of the add-on bar" checkbox changes this.
- "Side the add-on bar is aligned to" option allows you to choose, obviously, the side of screen the add-on buttons are bound to. Default alignment is bottom-right corner of screen.
- "Position of add-on bar when find bar is shown" option allows you to decide how add-on bar behaves when find bar is called. Possible values are "on top" (default; add-on bar will be shown above the find bar), "overlaid" (add-on bar will be shown over the right side of add-on bar) and "hidden".
- You can switch on and customize the keyboard shortcut to collapse/expand the add-on bar.
- You can switch on and customize the keyboard shortcut to change the alignment (side of screen) for the add-on bar.
- You can switch on and customize the auto-collapse timer, that will automatically collapse the add-on bar after a given number of seconds. Time is counted from user's last interaction with add-on bar (hover, click, etc.) or the last event/notification happening in the add-on bar.
Please note that the default bottom-right positioning of the add-on bar may interfere with UI elements of some websites (e.g. Facebook chat). If you're frequent visitor to such sites, you may want to change the positioning of add-on bar through the options dialog (or even refrain from using the extension). You'd probably want to read the comments to the article linked above and this discussion on Mozillazine:
There are reports that Barlesque is incompatible with Personas; I'm currently looking into ways to fix this.
If you find this add-on useful, you may also like the Link Target Display and Firefox 4 UI Fixer extensions.
If you have any questions, bug reports or feature requests, feel free to e-mail me at email@example.com or write in Mozillazine support thread:
Please do not use the reviews section to get support or report bugs.
- Fixed the issue when the add-on bar didn't show during UI customization if it was empty.
- Fixed the minor issue when right-click on the collapser icon collapsed the add-on bar and called the context menu at the same time; now the right-click is just ignored (quick-access menu will be added later).
- Add-on bar is now expanded in case any notification event happens on it.
- A lot of style fine-tuning.
- Extension now works in full-screen mode.
- Added the option to hide the collapser icon.
- Added the option to turn on the auto-collapse timer, with configurable timeout.
- Added the option to show the add-on bar when find bar is called; many thanks to Drugoy.
- Revised some parts of code to be more secure and future-proof; many thanks to Nils Maier.
- Revised the Russian localization; added Chinese (simplified), French, German, Serbian and Swedish localizations.