- av patfla, 4 år sidenVurdert til 4 ut av 5I'm using FF 57. The add-on works fine provided the native client and ffmpeg are set up correctly. Fine with the exceptions that you can't yet specify your own download location and, at least for me, it throws up a false negative in the form of a dialog saying "Something went wrong," etc. - when in fact it seems to have worked correctly. Both video and audio are there in one file and it plays as it should.
- av Erik, 5 år sidenVurdert til 4 ut av 5I like that someone continued this to remove the Legacy label! My only concern so far are:
1. The download icon is invisible (but clicking it will work). I'm currently with the new YouTube interface (the one that lets you have a Dark theme), and I remember the Legacy version already fixed that. Please fix it :)
2. In this version, there's no label for the 60fps version of the video, the Legacy version had those labels :) Please update the icons for the 60fps videos since it confuses me a bit.
Those two are my only concerns, if those two are fixed, then I'd happily give it a 5 Star rating :D Really glad someone continued this because this add-on/extension is ultimately the best downloader for YouTube videos. I don't want to go through the cmd with youtube-dl to be honest, and this one just does it in one click! So please do fix the two things I mentioned :)
- av Firefox-bruker 12765006, 5 år sidenVurdert til 4 ut av 5Although works, is simple enough to use well.
The only downside I miss some functionality.
Currently there is no way to prefer or not prefer certain formats.
I'm trying to get webm files with VP9 and would like the addon to list those first.
Also when finding a duplicate, the addon should prompt me and ask me what to do.
Presenting three options: cancel, overwrite and add under different name.
- av Nick Jurkowski, 5 år sidenVurdert til 4 ut av 5I'm glad that a new non-legacy version of this extension is available. I got everything to work, including adding the path to ffmpeg. Everything works like in the previous add-on. However, there's only 1 thing this one is missing: hiding filetypes of the available video downloads. I never use 3gp or WebM filetypes. I was able to hide these in the old add-on. Now these add extra "cluster" to the filetypes to download inside the video. Not a deal breaker, just extra annoyance over the old one.
- av Firefox-bruker 12494683, 5 år sidenVurdert til 4 ut av 5The new version works good. But I can't find the download button which is the arrow button beneath the youtube vedio. there is just hollow space but it works anyway when I click hollow space.
Is there any way to set download directory before I download video? I try to set directory on setting but it doesn't work.
- av Firefox-bruker 13403023, 5 år sidenVurdert til 4 ut av 5Liked the old version better. was much easier and it used to download both video and audio files when I click. can't find how to get it work this was again no matter how hard i try.
- av pulbitz, 5 år sidenVurdert til 4 ut av 5It is the best of similar add-ons.
1. WebEx version does not allow [ . _ in filenames.
cf. [17_09.16] -> -17-09-16-
2. I use mkv as the combined file.
(ffmpeg -i %audio -i %video -acodec copy -vcodec copy %output.mkv)
WebEx version writes the filename extension twice.
- av nd4spd, 5 år sidenVurdert til 4 ut av 5Why aren't the settings accessible through the firefox extension manager? Why only through clicking through the toolbar button?
Also, what is the correct format for 'ffmpeg path'?
To the executable? (yes, through trial & error)
To bin dir?
To overall ffmpeg dir?
What is the correct format for 'save merged files in'?
Quotes surrounding the dir or no? (no, more trial & error)
'\' at the end or no? (also no)
Why only 'merged files'? How can I set the save directory for all downloads?
'Consider OPUS' seems to fetch OPUS for MP4 grabs as-well even though the option makes it sound like it's for WEBM fetches only.
Where have the options to remove WEBM, OGG etc options from the download panel gone?
- av Stranger, 5 år sidenVurdert til 4 ut av 5Bro i used to love your old add on and first add on i install this one is good but the conversion after downloading 1080 video and audio just ins't happening even after i install the requirement ,if you could fix this or if you give link to old add on that would be great.
- av A.T., 5 år sidenVurdert til 4 ut av 5Still impressive...
But now mp3 convertion has problem and automation used to be easier.
How add some buttons for FF not in the YT panel. Like download video, dl video AND audio, download just the mp3, because i usually use in two ways and just one default option isn't good for me.
Also, i can't teach to my granpa the difference between aac, opue ogg... i want to set some default value and the only choice for him should be mp3 or video. If granpa can use it, everyone can.