- Vurdert til 4 ut av 5av leznis, 7 måneder sidenThe algorithm works great - can download MPEG-DASH from various sites, and that's why I use it. I gave 4 stars because there is no progress bar, whatsoever. You don't know when the process is going to end. Also, when you close the browser, download cancels without a warning.
- Vurdert til 4 ut av 5av PipeCat, 9 måneder sidenVery productive addon, but lately it has been sucking up massive amounts of resources with multiple instances. I have to disable the addon when I'm not using it, and force kill my session to recover resources.
- Vurdert til 4 ut av 5av Firefox-bruker 17669854, 10 måneder sidenok it works but it doesn't work in private browsing even if i give it permissions
- Vurdert til 4 ut av 5av Firefox-bruker 10315386, ett år sidenThanks, have been using videodownload helper with kryons circle of 12, but it has stopped downloading working video only the audio works, this one grabs a working mp4, BUT just one question is the audio codec select-able to something other then opus, wavepad does not load your mp4 i assume because of that, so i mix the 2 the first to rip the audio track and this for watching the whole thing :) for nowThank you for your report!
Usually the AVD can only download the stream provided by the streaming server.
Please contact with the link to the problem video to our support so we could investigate it and provide a possible solution: https://www.ant.com/support_form
- Vurdert til 4 ut av 5av matt, ett år sidenThe last several months the ant video downloader has been running my pc memory through the roof. If you uninstall it and reinstall it, it will work okay for a day or two. The developer responses are useless, no answer it give fixes the problem, but they keep giving you a useless solution to the problem.
Thanks for this response, the first time I heard of this fix. I had already made the option to store detected video was turned on and had done wipe out and reset. I think the solution is to turn off autoplay of videos in firefox. I am going to try that and see what happen.The issue with overloading was fixed in AVD 4.13 by disabling the option to store detected video.
Please check that option "Do not display detected videos in the list" is turned on at the extension Settings - User Interface - All videos section.
Either please try to clean your browser's cache or try to reset the extension at the menu Settings - Reset - WIPE OUT AND RESET.
This will delete any data in the extension storage, and reload the extension.
If you still encounter the issues after this operations please contact with details to our support here: https://www.ant.com/support_form
- Vurdert til 4 ut av 5av Fritz Korn, 2 år sidenI use the AddOn since a long time.
Version 4.13 of the addon is working again, where version 4.12 was buggy and unusable !
Version 4.9 was the best up to now. I have made a reset to 4.9 for my computer, sorry ;-)
Please add four features to your addon 4.14:
1. show the number of still working downloads.
2. please enhance the clearness in the window "all-video-downloads".
3. Please process changes of the settings immediately and not only reentering the settings-window (uncommon)
4. please add a checksum (i.e.MD5-checksum) in the download-info, that we can check it after the download of the native client and anytime later.
- Vurdert til 4 ut av 5av Firefox-bruker 16792125, 2 år sidenGenerally it does the job , but i wonder why it never detects Facebook videos.
- Vurdert til 4 ut av 5av LauraLct, 2 år sidenHello, this add-on works perfectly, except that I want to download videos from a streaming platform, but every time I download a video it is downloaded in its lowest quality (for example if I select 720p, the downloaded one will be at 480p). How do I fix that? (sorry for mistakes, english is not my first language)
- Vurdert til 4 ut av 5av Zimba, 2 år sidenI find it is an improvement from the last few versions. Maybe I am lucky, didn't get the memory leaks etc. On the functionality, I would like to get the link again on each download to the temp folder. I often see that a download is running too fast, and then when I check the temp folder for that specific file, it shows only 1kb segments. Then I need to reload the page and fresh. It is cumbersome to get to the temp folders. Previous it was quick and easy. Also please check on the time out settings. I live in a rural area and often have hickups on the internet connection, causing the download to time out. Then have to start fresh as there is no resume option. When Ant detects a file as segments to download, it take a very long time to download only a few mb. When I have the option to download through browser and download as mb's, it is much faster. Why is the segments so slow. Please find a way to speed that up. I only have a 4g connection and most of the time only get about 200kb/sec. So these extra limitations are quite frustrating. I also often get the download running almost all the way through and then says unsuccessfull due to 0kb files.Also a new thing is when selecting to download through browser, which is the much faster option for me, then it downloads halfway through and then suddenly says finished, though only half the file was downloaded.Many thanks for your report and ratings!
We will forward all your suggestions to our developers.
Problems with downloading are may be particular website related and we could provide more detailed report only with the link to the video and error decryption.
Please provide more details as links and any error messages to our support here: https://www.ant.com/support_form
- Vurdert til 4 ut av 5av Jose Hidalgo, 2 år sidenDoes the job perfectly ! Lately I've had some stability issues between the extension and Firefox (Firefox becoming a CPU and RAM hog). I have described those issues in Ticket#647948. They have required at least 3 reinstalls to get everything back on track, at least for a couple of days. It doesn't seem 100% stable at the moment, but at least it works again. :)We're sorry to hear that you're having problems with the update.
We're struggling to obtain more information from users.
Please contact with details about your problem to our support here: https://www.ant.com/support_form
- Vurdert til 4 ut av 5av Firefox-bruker 14141866, 2 år sidenUPDATE 2: It is definitely re-occuring every couple of reboots for me. It is very evident at browser start. It is likely there is some database issue or history issue with the recent version that is instantly fixed if you just wipe and reset.
UPDATE: The problem occured again a few days after reinstall. Repeated steps and now on Build 4.1.2 Build 2 (Jan 11 2022) to see if the problem occurs again but it is working fine again. ffprobe.exe was not the cause of the high system resource useage, it was just firefox.exe according to Process Explorer.
Like everyone, I had a problem with this addon recently causing browser wide issues.
I can't even access the addon menu to remove it either. I disabled it for a few days and then fixed it today.
Follow these steps as explained by the dev and it should reset it for you back to working condition:
1) Uninstall addon from extensions.
2) Reinstall addon.
3) Click on the ANT icon in the toolbar, select "settings" link.
4) In the ANT's settings tab, go to "Reset".
5) Click "Wipe Out and Reset".
6) Restart browser, reinstall the native AVD app if necessary.
I hope the devs in the future can do more testing to prevent legacy extension data from a previous version from crippling the entire browser.
Cheers and thanks for the addon.Other people reported today that even when their issue is resolved, in a few hours it may get back again.
If you encounter the issue with RAM usage again, check if there is a child process called ffprobe.exe running and consuming CPU and virtual memory.
Don't use default task manager for reviewing process, use Process Explorer from Microsoft (former Systinternals):
It provides a much better view of system processes.
If you see ffprobe.exe hanging under firefox.exe and consuming resources, kill it and then go to %LOCALAPPDATA%\Programs\Ant.com\Ant Video downloader and delete ffprobe.exe
You will have MPEG-DASH protocol disabled in AVD but there will be no more RAM issues.