- Vurdert til 4 ut av 5av Firefox-bruker 15035683, 2 år sidenWorks well, I wish there was an additional setting where you could choose where the file goes automatically, without changing the download location in Firefox, as I prefer all my saved pages in a different location than all my other downloads go to. (I currently have to move all the saved pages from "~/Downloads" to another folder.)
- Vurdert til 4 ut av 5av browser.tech, 2 år sidenI tried SingleFile briefly. It works. Looks like a well thought out and put together addon.
One thing I noticed, when you have the option enabled for "include the info bar in the saved page," the page actually shows a floating icon in the upper corner. If you click on this icon a flyout will indicate the time the page was saved, then if you hover over a tiny button on the flyout the original URL will popup. Clicking the tiny button takes you to the original URL.
This all looks nice, but I prefer the way Save Page WE does it. Save Page displays a fixed header bar with the full URL and time the page was saved. For someone like me who's always paying attention to the URL bar this is nicer. It's easier to understand that the page you're viewing is an archive, and easier to get to the original page with a single click.
Note that both the floating icon in SingleFile and the header bar in Save Page WE can be closed.
I also notice that neither SingleFile or Save Page WE works in FireFox reader view. A small thing, but it would be nice. That's what I was really looking for when I tried SingleFile.Thanks for the review. It is technically impossible to make an add-on run in the reader view. However, you can format the page, as the reader view does, in the annotation editor by clicking the button "format the page for better readability" (page with glasses icon) when present.
- Vurdert til 4 ut av 5av adgbrshruwzawrh, 2 år sidenGanz toll finde ich die Funktionen zum Markieren von Textstellen und das Anbringen von Notizen sowie das Entfernen von störenden Elementen wie einer CookieBox oder Werbung (das hat 'Save Page WE' nicht).
Diese Funktion, alles in einer Datei zu speichern finde ich sehr hilfreich, da mir durch Umbenennung schon manches mal kaputtgespielte Links die Seite zerschossen haben.
Allerdings habe ich den Mehrwert noch nicht recht erkannt: wenn ich zum Beispiel eine Seite von Techstage speichere, funktionieren Galerien unter Verwendung der Speicherfunktion von Firefox einwandfrei – mit SingleFile jedoch nicht (habe eine Weile mit den Prefs experimentiert).
- Vurdert til 4 ut av 5av piecevcake, 2 år sidenExcellent well structured and many options.
A pity the annotated pages are lost between sessions. Otherwise it would replace all the markup addons as well!
Would have 5 stars if it worked on moz pages.
Reply to Dev- THIS page for example, and addons page. Will open on githubThank you for the review. That's unfortunately impossible from a technical point of view to save a moz: page. I do not know what moz: page you want to save but if that's the reader view, note that there is a button in the annotation editor to format the page like in the reader view. If you have an account on github, I recommend to open an issue if you want to discuss about this.
THIS page cannot be saved with Firefox because Mozilla blocks extensions on some of their domains. You can use another browser like Chrome to circumvent this limitation though.
Works great! However, I really feel like saving scripts, audio elements, etc. should be enabled by default.Thank you for the review. The default settings are optimized to produce light (and faithful) snapshot of pages because this was the most recurrent complain in the past. That's why the options you mentioned are disabled. Note also that disabling the option "remove scripts" can, unfortunately, lead to corrupted pages.
- Vurdert til 4 ut av 5av MaRo, 3 år sidenGreat addon - thanks! Suggestion: to add a header on saved page showing the URL of the page.Thank you - It already exists, it's called the "infobar" (cf. the "i" icon at the top right when opening saved pages). By default, it will give you the saved date and a link to the original page.
- Vurdert til 4 ut av 5av ShinjinT, 3 år sidenso good for now. i would like to know which tag works to name my saved file as i want. i can t manage my files correctly if i saved many pages from the same website. it has all the same page-title. where can i find the tags to custom the name ?Thanks for the review. In SingleFile, tags are called "variables". They allow you to customize the name of the file with dynamic values (e.g. the save date, the title). You can customize the name via the setting "File name > template" in the options page. See the chapter "Template variables" in the help page (via the link at the bottom left in the options page) for more info about the list of variables you can use. Note that you can also save pages into sub folders of your download folder by using "/" in the template to define sub-folders.
- Vurdert til 4 ut av 5av Firefox-bruker 14937925, 3 år sidenHello, this add-on was perfect until few weeks ago: Firefox, now, alerts about the missing of the sign for this add-on, and so, for security it has been disabled. I think that an update can solve the problem, but for now it's unusable on Firefox mobile. Thanks for your development; please, update it and make it able to run (5 stars). GreetingsHi, thanks for the review. This was a Firefox issue, cf. https://blog.mozilla.org/addons/2019/05/04/update-regarding-add-ons-in-firefox/. Unfortunately, there is nothing I can do personally to correct this problem. It should be fixed if you let Android updating your browser.
Edit: I published approximately 10 versions since your review. Are you still unable to install the extension?
- Vurdert til 4 ut av 5av Alex, 3 år sidenWorks great. It is especially useful for annoying situations that you are not allowed to download a webpage.
It would be 5 start if it did not inflate the size of saved file. (I understand that is how Base64 encoding works and not necessarily a fault of the addon).Thank you for the review. I do my best to make the saved pages as small as possible by removing the most of unnecessary HTML and CSS. It is already a lot of work, unfortunately I can't do more.
Edit: actually I can do more, check SingleFileZ here: https://github.com/gildas-lormeau/SingleFileZ