- Vurdert til 4 ut av 5av kingsword, 6 år sidenPoor compared to Tab Groups but better than anything available yet in Quantum disaster and makes it barely usable.
- Vurdert til 4 ut av 5av RolandiXor, 6 år sidenAlmost as good as the old Panorama feature.
Some rough edges, but it's getting there.
- Vurdert til 4 ut av 5av Arcesilas, 6 år sidenVery good! Some features still missing, but hopefully they will be soon added:
- resize groups in the global view (manage groups)
- allow user to choose to open the "Manage" view when clicking on the icon (as it was the case with former "Group Tabs" extension for FF<57)
- do not close tabs when change group (it seems, according to what I've read so far, that this is a limitation due to Firefox... yeah, this is improvement... but no problem, proprietary 3rd party tools like Pocket are embedded...)
Regex filters are VERY appreciated! Keep your groups clean and make sure your github tabs are always with their scrutinizer-ci friend :)
EDIT (2019-01-16) : I've FINALLY updated Firefox (had to update Fedora 26 -> 29) and I must say that it's very nice when using this (not so) new hidden tabs API. Thanks a lot for the great job !
However, I'm still waiting for free arrangement (hopefully with group resize in the "Manage" view) and the possibility to directly open the "Manage" view when clicking on the icon => then, I'll give the fifth star!
- Vurdert til 4 ut av 5av Firefox-bruker 13711495, 6 år sidenAlmost nice replacement for old tab groups addon. But with numerous bugs and lesser functionality.
- Vurdert til 4 ut av 5av m4xp1, 6 år sidenПри открытии браузера забывает в какой группе я нахожусь, в итоге получается иногда что вообще без группы и мои вкладки не сохраняются. Сильно раздражает что при переключении группы вкладки все время загружаются заново, несмотря на то что ранее в этой сессии они уже были загружены. В остальном норм, Спасибо!
- Vurdert til 4 ut av 5av Firefox-bruker 13704924, 6 år sidenWonderful add-on!
- It would be awesome if you could add a auto-back option to the add-on, with time and idleness options.
- Also i recently ekspirenced a bug, where the tab group i was inn got "de-registered" so that the "group" i was inn had no color. And i got the a warning message, that if i switched to another group, all the taps in my current session/de-registered group would be lost.
It seems that it got duplicated, because all the tabs in the de-registered group where present in a registered group.
- Vurdert til 4 ut av 5av Firefox-bruker 13594392, 6 år sidenWorking as described so far, thanks for this. FYI, breaking news that experimental version of tabHide api just landed in FF59 beta: https://blog.mozilla.org/addons/2018/01/26/extensions-firefox-59/ Hope you can get the extension working with it.
- Vurdert til 4 ut av 5av Firefox-bruker 13543470, 6 år sidenMuch better with the editable short-cuts10 points!
I also notice groups of tabs building up if I pull windows out from the original window.
this addon is getting there keep up the great work.
- Vurdert til 4 ut av 5av Alexander Helz, 6 år sidenGreat Add-on
So far its good as the old Tab Groups
But there are two things that i dont like it, can you tell me how to fix it?
1: When i drag and drop tabs from group A to group B, the tab i need to transfer at the bottom of group A ( around 150 tabs in group A ). So after i dragged and dropped the tab, the scroll automatic go to the start of the list, so i have to scroll down again and again to move other tabs.
2: Auto rename and auto reload tabs when switch groups, i have lots of tabs so after switch groups my pc kind of lagging.
Hope you can tell me a good solution for those 2 problems i have1) Please see this screenshots:
2) Version 2.1 and above has option to fast group switching (in options page)
Thanks for your feedback!
- Vurdert til 4 ut av 5av RogueKitsune, 6 år sidenLike other I am switching over from Quicksaver's Tab Groups, so there will be plenty of comparisons to it.
Pretty much everything UI related is better compared to Tab Groups. I like being able to set an image or colour to group. The menus and such also seem much more responsive.
I like that there are keyboard shortcuts but I would really like to be able to change the keybinding back to "ctrl + `" and "ctrl + shift + `"
Migrating from Quicksaver's Tab Groups to Simple Tab Groups was a bit rough. First I made sure to "back up" my tab groups by bookmarking them in folder named after their group. Then I installed Simple Tab Groups and disabled Tab Groups. After restarting only a few of my tabs showed up in a group even though the group had a tab count 563. So I restarted Firefox again. This time all my tabs showed up but I now had two groups with each with a copy of all my tabs. Repeating opening and closing Firefox continued the duplication of the group even after I started moving tabs into groups. To fix this I had to close all open tabs and restart. After that everything started working fine.
EDIT: Forgot to mention that this addon doesn't really like the about:* pages. Opening, for example about:config, does not bind it to a specific group instead it acts more like a pinned tab. In addition about:newtab does not load correctly when coming back to it (search bar, top sites, etc. don't show up)
I know nothing can be done about it at this time but I still have to complain about it. I hate how this addon switches between groups. Essentially all the "current" tabs are closed and then new tabs are opened with the URLs from the other group.
Good addon, but has some areas that need improvement
I only run nightly builds of Firefox, so there is a chance the issues I saw were caused by some change/defect in Firefox.Please update add-on to latest version (v2.2)
In this version I fix duplicate groups/tabs.
About "about:config" and etc.: this is not supported bu Firefox WebExtentions API
For security reasons, in Firefox, this may not be a privileged URL. So passing any of the following URLs will fail:
file: URLs (i.e., files on the filesystem. However, to use a file packaged inside the extension, see below)
privileged about: URLs (for example, about:config, about:addons, about:debugging). Non-privileged URLs (e.g., about:blank) are allowed.
The New Tab page (about:newtab) can be opened if no value for URL is provided.
Version 2.1 and above has option to fast group switching (in options page)
Thanks for your feedback!
- Vurdert til 4 ut av 5av Meridith, 6 år sidenIt isn't really super bad. If you ignore the fact that it adds random groups, duplicates tabs into other groups, deletes tab groups, has basically no instructions, forgets/deletes all tab groups and all that. As I said, if you ignore all that, it's alright.
EDIT: It has since been fixed, quite quickly to.I'm very sorry for what happened. Please, update addon to latest version. There have been fixed many bugs and added a function for quick group switch
If you can replicate this issue in latest addon version (now v2.1.2) - please contact me by email
Thanks for your feedback
- Vurdert til 4 ut av 5av Firefox-bruker 13617297, 6 år sidenGreat option for those missing Tab Groups. There is one important feature missing: The option to lazy load tabs. I'm using Tab Session Manager and use the lazy load option but when selecting a group, all tabs in that group start to load. Am I missing something?
Thanks and keep up the good work!
- Vurdert til 4 ut av 5av The Goggles, 6 år sidenLove it; my only gripe is that when I switch tab groups, it loads ALL my tabs in that group (which in my case is a couple hundred tabs, so it takes forever and/or crashes a bunch of them). I can't find a way to load tabs only when I switch to them.
- Vurdert til 4 ut av 5av Firefox-bruker 13652450, 6 år sidenHi Drive4ik,
Thank you so much for your work and efforts to provide a replacement under FF 57 for the Tab Groups Helper Add-on! Firefox is useless to me without a functioning Tab Groups extension, and this at least got me back up and running.
Having said that, I am hoping you can find time (in between all of your development work!! :) ) to respond to a few questions:
1) Is there a way to bookmark *all* tabs in *all* groups, or any plans to add that functionality? This is utterly essential to me (and I would assume to many others). This was available in Tab Groups Helper under the "More" option on the Groups Bar menu. So far I can only bookmark all tabs within a single group. (Note: I typically have many groups open, so bookmarking them all individually, while possible, is not a great solution.)
2) Any plans to add a Groups Bar similar to the one in Tab Groups Helper? That makes group management so much easier.
3) Would it be possible to add Drag-and-Drop functionality to re-order groups?
4) Would it be possible to default to renaming the new group at the time of creation? (again similar to Tab Groups Helper)
5) Are you aware of a Tab Count add-on that works with Simple Tab Groups? So far I haven't been able to find anything that shows the total number of tabs open, only by group. (Maybe this is a FF 57 issue / limitation...? Most of the tab count add-ons worked with Tab Groups Helper.)
Thanks again!!1) now I do not plan to add functionality to work with bookmarks
2) I don't understand what are you mean about "Groups Bar"
3) Done) update addon to latest version
4) now it's impossible to do, but I'll think about it
5) you can see tabs count in addon popup
Thanks for your feedback
- Vurdert til 4 ut av 5av miek, 6 år sidenbrilliant productivity enhancer, best replacement for tab groups that's available now.
I'd love it if
- the colours were a little more muted,
- I could edit a group name from the initial drop down menu,
- it was quicker to delete the auto created groups on new window - it's noisy, and deleting them is quite a few clicks
(delete + undo would be better than delete and confirm, delete from initial popdown would be a click saver)