Omtale av Firefox-bruker 17815718
Vurdert til 1 ut av 5av Firefox-bruker 17815718, 3 måneder siden
Nothing simple about this extension, it sounds like feature other browsers has, but really it takes just as long to navigate through shitty design that this extension has as if to sort through that 100 tabs you expected to organize.
1 331 omtaler
- Vurdert til 5 ut av 5av Mauricio, en dag sidenExcelente. Tengo distintos grupos de ventanas, mantiene el browser ordenado y me ayuda a enfocarme.
- Vurdert til 1 ut av 5av Firefox-bruker 15334684, 3 dager sidenGreat app except when it stops working. I had many tabs wonderfully organized and then it stopped working on one of my two computers where I had FF synced. I uninstalled and there goes all the grouping. No more of this app and the bugs.
- Vurdert til 5 ut av 5av Firefox-bruker 17899308, 5 dager sidenThis is great for keeping things organized and manageable. I've used STG for years and it's worked perfectly. Recently I've been loving it because I've been into customizing Firefox, and I've found that it mostly plays well with Tree Style Tab, Multi-Account Containers, and Containerise (all also very useful). STG is an awesome extension.
- Vurdert til 3 ut av 5av Ein Benutzer, 5 dager sidenFunctionally working, but intransparent w.r.t. behavioral details especially when restoring a group.
What is really stupid and borderline insane is the folder-spam where the extension starts to write backups into the download folder. Imagine other applications would do this by default - your download folder would be a crowded mess with thousands of files spamming everywhere.
- Vurdert til 1 ut av 5av ple, 6 dager sidenWarning: do not install. This extension is a "Rube Goldberg machine" (complicated mess) and saps performance. Instead, simply use the bookmark bar.
- Vurdert til 5 ut av 5av bernd_b, 13 dager sidenThanks to simple Tab Groups, I am back from vivaldi to firefox.
I took a few efforts to get used to it, but now I am at ease with both concepts.
Thanks to the backup function of Simple Tab Groups, I was able to export my tabs from the Firefox developper edition to the stable branch.
Very nice to have this flexibility.
- Vurdert til 1 ut av 5av Balathustrius, 14 dager sidenConstantly loses ALL tabs in tab groups. Since its purpose is to keep tabs, I would call that a fail. I will have to seek out another solution.
- Vurdert til 1 ut av 5av Colopatiron, 16 dager sidenTerrible UI, terrible UX, just a terrible extension all in all. Firefox devs should implement its own native tab grouping solution so users don't have to resort to using garbage.
This extension sends you annoying Windows notifications every time you move a tab to another group. And no, you can't turn this off. It also automatically downloads files and saves them in your Downloads directory without your permission.
- Vurdert til 1 ut av 5av Pablo Vieira, 16 dager sidenThere's nothing "simple" about this extension. It's complex and mostly confusing. Here are a few suggestions:
- Have default groups coincide with native multi-account containers.
- Clean the dropdown menu to choose group. It's so busy it's not usable.
- Create sane defaults and avoid three pages of settings at all costs.
In other words: design the UX yourself, don't defer this design to users putting every imaginable option under the sun everywhere.
- Vurdert til 1 ut av 5av Firefox-bruker 15585716, 22 dager sidenExtension closed all tabs except few I put in a group, so I must find other tabs in history. I couldn't find a way to restore closed tabs. Thanks, but no thanks...
- Vurdert til 5 ut av 5av Kurt, 22 dager sidenEdit: My last review was an error I made... I found out, that under specific circumstances the data either of Tree Stye Tab (-> TST) or Simple Tab Groups (-> STG) can become corrupt, which makes them behave "strange". I assume it was STG, which caused the issue, because when deleting a few big, but useless groups they shown further strange effects, which vanished after deleting them completely.
Forget my 3-Star-Rating, and my apologies!
- Vurdert til 5 ut av 5av Alexander A., 23 dager sidenQuick suggestion: could you please add a feature to unload tabs from a group that has been inactive for X amount of minutes?
Other than that, great add-on! Loving it!
- Vurdert til 3 ut av 5av Kurt, 23 dager sidenThere's a rare incompatibility with Tree Style Tabs (->TST).
When saving a session in Simple Tab Groups (->STG), the tree structure of TST get lost completely and as a result the stucture is gone.
This happens on :
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:102.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/102.0
OS Linux 6.1.0-7-amd64 #1 SMP PREEMPT_DYNAMIC Debian 6.1.20-2 (2023-04-08)
and is a quite new problem.
Unfortunately I have no real idea how to check, which of both AddOn's produce the "error"...
Does anybody have an idea?
BTW... the rating will be reset after solving the issue, because I know STG since a long time now and used it many times... sometimes in the past though it came to my attention, rhat there were some incompatibilities from time to time - that's why I post this message here and in TST.
- Vurdert til 5 ut av 5av Elvanos, en måned sidenThis whole extension is a bit tricky to use as it is "rough around the edges" quite a bit in multiple regards and the menus look like crap. However, once you figure out how it actually works and how to use it, then it becomes very effective and pretty awesome.
In all honestly: The real issue of it is not the lack of functionality, but the bloat of extra functionality in the multiple setting-menus, right-click menus and so on, because most of those features are entirely useless to 99% users of this, but can confuse the hell out of new users.