- Vurdert til 4 ut av 5av Firefox-bruker 15081822, ett år sidenPositive:
Simple and does what it says for free.
Multiple languages and voices.
Can even recognize foreign languages automatically for whole article.
Allows to use your favorite text to speech engine (google, MS,...)
Premium is done without affecting main functionality.: As developer myself, i understand necessity for monetization. So "selling" premium voices for premium fee is understandable and it does NOT affect functionality of free version at all. No rational person can objectively complain here.
-1 start for it to be not loud enough compared to other sounds. e.g. Youtube is much louder. E.g. using "Read Aloud" to read article than watching streamed video makes video uncomfortably loud due to previous volume adjustment near silent "Read Aloud" sound.
I miss play/pause button and indication of read text on screen. It can be temporarily called out but disappears when not in focus.
- Vurdert til 4 ut av 5av Firefox-bruker 17682963, ett år sidenExcellent Text-to-Speech tool. Very helpful when learning a foreign language. Only 4 Stars because for some reason the Firefox version contains fewer Microsoft voices than the Edge version. The Edge Microsoft voices are superior but I prefer using Firefox.
- Vurdert til 5 ut av 5av lil_greatmoments, ett år sidenI love the fact that I can just right click on my firefox browser anything i want to listen to, and it does EXACTLY what i want it to do. Plus, I have so much fun changing up the voice in the settings :P :)
- Vurdert til 1 ut av 5av MathisBRogers, ett år sidenIt worked great until last week, then it stopped working correctly.
I love being able to highlight a paragraph or more, right click, then hit Read Aloud and it reads the selected text to me. Around Wednesday, October 19, 2022, I selected the text I wanted it to read and right clicked, and the option was gone.
I went to Settings and I do still have Read Aloud turned on and the icon is in the toolbar, but if I click on the icon on this page, it says "Missing host permission for the tab." I click the gear icon, and it has everything set correctly. If I select the text I want it to read and hit alt-p it starts reading, but stops before the end of the selection.
Please set it back to the way it was.
- Vurdert til 3 ut av 5av Toni, ett år sidenWorked beautiful for months, now choppy. Will start reading and then stop. Tried everything to correct, updated my browser, reinstalled the addon...same result. Disappointed, need to stop wasting my time and install another tool.
Edit - tried other text to speech apps available thru firefox, they were awful. Back and hoping the issue will disappear.
- Vurdert til 1 ut av 5av Renadam12, ett år sidenNope. Nope nope nope to the tenth power--nope. I figure if you create and app or extension...it should work. Nothing but an empty box and a spinning wheel loads. Says it's pulling content--clearly cannot. That is sort of the point of the thing, isn't it? So.. nope.
- Vurdert til 4 ut av 5av EnergyMover, ett år sidenUsed to be great. It severely limits the text length & can no longer right click & select speak. I found a better one, TTSFox, which in options lets me do everything I need.