- Vurdert til 5 ut av 5av Сырное, 4 måneder sidengood for users who complained about "distill", but... for ordinary users, "distill" can graphically display what has changed on the page. plus, "distill" can select the monitored content through the extension icon (this extension opens the extension settings).
here you go into the extensions and everything is displayed with static text in the columns. there is no graphical representation of the changes. it is good for tracking simple and concise data, and if the Internet page appears to be a long canvas, then specific changes on it are unclear.
- Vurdert til 3 ut av 5av Kuero, ett år sidenDecent page monitor for finding deals. Problem is the extension icon will show a notification number for ANY change in the page element being monitored, regardless of how small, even $0.01. This means the extension icon is constantly begging me to click on it even if nothing interesting has happened, wasting my time. It should only show the number when a change matches a condition you have set say, only if "element"<$15.
Utviklerresponspostet ett år sidenHave you configured the tracker properly and set that condition in place?
If yes and it still doesn't work, please contact our support email (send of picture of your tracker settings) and we can help.
- Vurdert til 5 ut av 5av Firefox-bruker 15049933, 2 år sidenGREAT. AWESOME. Discovered it this morning. Spent just a few minutes to setup without prior knowledge of the tool. I can already enjoy a day long of monitoring ;-) . I'm monitoring some indicators about the quality of my internet connection, by querying some administration page of my modem. Really awesome. THANK YOU
EDIT: one week later, I'm even more impressed. The "integration" with IFTTT is also super handy. +++
- Vurdert til 5 ut av 5av Sed, 2 år sidenIt works great!
Is it possible with a cron every 10 seconds? or is every minute the lowest setting?
I now use Task scheduler to start Firefox and kill FireFox for the short every 10 seconds probes I do daily.
- Vurdert til 5 ut av 5av Firefox-bruker 13214130, 2 år sidenEdit: Thanks for the great addon!We found the bug and fixed it. The fix is in current release PageProbe 1.36.4+ (available in AMO).
The XPath selector bug is fixed in 1.36.5 (now in the AMO review queue).
Thanks for your reports and sorry for the late response (these somehow didn't end up on the Product Backlog although it was apparently you who sent that email and configuration file a long time ago).
- Vurdert til 3 ut av 5av Firefox-bruker 15121920, 2 år sidenFor the price of free, I appreciate the effort and time spent to make this extension, so in that regard, five full stars! I hope people will not hesitate to try this extension because it does work,
However in the content of review, I've given this a three star rating. The interface and UI is a little rough. Not terrible, just rough, and I wish there was slightly more documentation for the options available, and I'd technically only knock off a half-star for that, but that's not an option here!
Also, the lack of image tracking support knocks off a full star as well. I feel like with the complexity of the text-based options, that this is a bit of an oversight, even with the stated goal of the project.
But really, good job otherwise!Did you check the PageProbe help file? What is missing from that?
Most img tags on pages have attributes like "src", "style" or "class" that you can track. Just append e.g. @src to the selector and you can track the source of the image.
Scanning images on bitmap level would be infeasible anyway.
- Vurdert til 5 ut av 5av Scoox, 2 år sidenI'm usually a picky bast*rd but this add-on delivers. I have tried many content tracking add-ons and I can confidently say PageProbe is by far THE BEST of its kind. It is highly configurable and very reliable. I use it for tracking product prices and thanks to it I've been able to save money on my online purchases. Just to mention some of my favorite features, it keeps a history of old values that it can display in graph form, it allows organizing trackers into folders and sub-folders, tracker import and export, and it's cross-platform (Firefox and Chrome). I experienced a bug which the developers resolved within hours of my report, and an update was released the very next day—really impressed. I'd love to see email notifications added in the future, if possible at all. Thank you!EDIT: it turned out that there's a bug in Telegram action in PageProbe 1.35.1 that can cause PageProbe background process to go into an endless loop causing high CPU or skip actions after the Telegram action. The bug is fixed in 1.35.2 which should become available after the submitted version passes Mozilla Add-on Store review process.
- Vurdert til 5 ut av 5av cosmicsin-y?, 2 år sidenHey thanks so much :-)
this is great & does almost exactly what I want. I't took a little playing around to get it to work for me as I'm basic & don't really understand the tech' much at all but with your extensive help files & a bit of time & experimenting it's going good, I nearly had to go looking for a youtube video or email the author for help but with a bit of patience & bumbling around I worked it out. One of my newb mistakes was having it probe a picture element instead of text, although I could see that what the picture was of had changed pageprobe could not as I think it only looks at the size of the picture and where it is hanging which I don't think changes, soon as I changed to monitoring the pictures text description it worked fabulous. I couldn't get the sound notifications to work & the popup notification disappears even tho I have it set to no timeout but I'm pretty sure that's just my old firefox esr version, anyway it's no big deal & probably would just give me a fright like the auto loading tabs did the first few times I got it working :-D
+1 for the root directory request or pinning the general folder open.
- Vurdert til 3 ut av 5av 123, 2 år sidenThe functionality seems to be there. That is if you understand how to use it. The User Interface, user experience are terrible. I don't know if the extension is working or not most of the time.. For example, i add one tracking. A "1" apears on the extension icon in browser. Than i click on the extension addon icon and the number dissapears.. Does this mean that is disabled ?The number on the WebExtension icon indicates how many trackers have scanned new content since the last time you opened PageProbe UI. When the UI is opened, the counter is reset.
- Vurdert til 5 ut av 5av Firefox-bruker 12362519, 2 år sidensome requests, please.
1 Can the tracker be created directly under the root directory? Instead of having to be under a group. Or, can a user-specified group be opened automatically when the admin page is opened, instead of having to be selected with a mouse click.
2 The custom column sorting settings should be saveable so that they can be viewed in a preferred way, e.g., the latest updated entries are shown at the top first.
3 Add an option to have the extension icon badge not automatically disappear if the admin page is just opened and the entry changed is not clicked to open it manually.
4 The names of entries with changes should be bolded until they are opened.
- Vurdert til 5 ut av 5av Sri, 3 år sidenGreat extension. Thank you for creating it. I have a couple of requests please:
1. Can you make it possible to keep the tracker data history graph open once the user has opened it? At the moment, it goes away after a data refresh (new poll).
2. Is it possible to turn-off the Total at the bottom? Sometimes, it is not needed.
- Vurdert til 5 ut av 5av Kevin, 3 år sidenThis is a very good extension for tracking prices of stocks or items.
Can I request a condition?
Most of the time, I don't really care what the price of an item is. All I care about is the change amount. So can you add a condition where the condition is true only if the change is greater than x where x is an integer?
Thanks for your hard work!
Edit: Added exactly what I wanted! Thanks so much Nodetics!
Utviklerresponspostet 3 år sidenEDIT: new conditions are now available. Gotcha: when using "decreased more than" conditions the argument value has to be negative.
Thanks for the review Kevin! New conditions will be available in the next version. Stay tuned!
- Vurdert til 3 ut av 5av MPeti1, 3 år sidenLive Content scan mode does not seem to work, page value will be empty both on first load of the page, and both when changing the innerText of the element in the console manually. Otherwise the documentation is a bit crude (especially on the scan modes, how do they work), but if the value is available right on page load, it'll work.
it would be nice if there would be error logging (code 600 is not shown in most of the times when the scanner does not work), and also if I could write custom JS code to be executed after page load but before scanning for the values.
Utviklerresponspostet 3 år sidenEDIT: There was a bug that is fixed in 1.32.0 (that is pending review in Mozilla Add-on Store review queue).
EDIT 2: 1.32.0 is now finally available.
Live Content monitoring does work e.g. on http://bitcointicker.co/ (monitor bitcoin price). If it doesn't work for you, there might be an issue with the tracker setup or the website. Either way, please send support requests to nodetics AT gmail.com instead of putting them in reviews.