- Vurdert til 3 ut av 5av Firefox-bruker 14644857, 3 år sidenWorks when it works.
The problem 1 is, it opens all links from a container in the same container, you can not setup "default container" rules. (eg. google.com is in container A for a reason, but I want to open search results in default container so websites can be normal). Nor can not setup strict rules (eg. ONLY youtube.com is in container B, and all other sites will go back to normal)
The problem 2 is, no wildcard support. So if you want whole "Google" in a container, you have to setup rules like: drive.google.com, keep.google.com, image.google.com, maps.google.com etc.etc.etc. Instead of " *.google.com"
- Vurdert til 3 ut av 5av kelso, 3 år sidenThere are some problems and missing features:
- different number of icons in firefox setting and plugin setting
- need more icons e.g. email
- open this site in assigned container doesn't work
- multi language support e.g. german
- sort containers themself
- in firefox setting is missing whitespace between icon and text
- Vurdert til 3 ut av 5av Firefox-bruker 14995976, 3 år sidenGreat extension and exactly what I need. But I keep losing the containers and had to start over. Currently lost 25 containers (happened several times before but I got only few back then). I had about 50 accounts to manage and I'm about to make 50 containers as well. Now thinking that I may lose them again and will have to start over is very frustrating. I don't mind losing login state and have to re-login once in a while but losing the containers is very stressful. Please add backup and restore feature.
- Vurdert til 3 ut av 5av szx, 3 år sidenThe idea is nice but unless this extension can sync all of your container settings to the Firefox account it's not worth the effort (I can do the same by creating a different profile), especially considering that it often forgets all your containers and you have to set them up from scratch (it's pretty frustrating).
Another missing feature is the ability to open bookmarks in a container quickly. There should be a context menu action for this, e.g. Right click a bookmark > Open in Container > Select a container.
- Vurdert til 3 ut av 5av HW, 3 år sidenA truly helpful feature would be an option to automatically move any site/url NOT assigned to a container into a user specified container (or at least the Default container). If this a already a feature, I don't see it. This would eliminate the need micromanage everything... set and done.
- Vurdert til 3 ut av 5av Firefox-bruker 14198976, 3 år sidenI generally like using this add-on, in addition to Private Browsing mode it pretty much does everything I need it to. There's a few options that could be added that would bring it to the next level:
- customize container colors instead of choosing from a pre-set list of 7
- when pressing ctrl-T, the new tab should inherit the container of the currently active tab
- it would be nice if there were an option to skip the interstitial that prompts you to confirm when opening a url in a container other than the one it's programmed for
- i wish there were advanced options for programming which container should be used for which urls - cookies can be set by domain or path, it's pretty crude that we can only associate a single domain with a single container
Also a few surprising bugs (I'm on a macbook):
- clicking "Open in *Current* Container" on the interstitial to override the domain/container pairing doesn't work (but using keyboard controls does)
- Vurdert til 3 ut av 5av Firefox-bruker 14767010, 3 år sidenIt's OK and is enough to make me feel I can switch from Chrome's easy multi-profile support. But the containers add-on does not appear to sync settings via Firefox account, so that is a big pain. It also does not appear to let you select a default container for new tabs, which is frustrating. That later wish is actually the only setting I can imagine wanting to be able to set differently at home & work, so some care to be taken there. Keep working on it!
- Vurdert til 3 ut av 5av Carl , 3 år sidenGenerally OK. I would like to be able to sort them. I expected this to be under "Manage containers," but I don't see it there. Secondly, I also have a problem that quite frequently, I get a screen that says "Open this site in your assigned container?" When I click on the button to open in the assigned container, about 50% of the time, it simply doesn't do that. I have to go to the top and pick the right container and enter the address. It seems clear that it is built to confirm the opening of the right container and then go there, but it doesn't work when you want it to.
- Vurdert til 3 ut av 5av Leslie D. Martin, 3 år sidenA good start to a truly usable multi-profile browser. One addition that would be nice would be the ability to sort the container list rather than have them simply appear in the order in which they were created.
- Vurdert til 3 ut av 5av Firefox-bruker 14727099, 3 år sidenGreat extension but need more visual clues that tell you in which container the current tab is. That small colored line is not enough for me.
- Vurdert til 3 ut av 5av wmattgardner, 3 år sidenThere's a bit of a learning curve to this, not intuitive. Some of the features you see in the video (which is necessary to understand this addon) don't seem to work ("Always open in Default" is the checkbox that appears, but I don't know what "Default" means). This is a great concept but could use to work.
- Vurdert til 3 ut av 5av Firefox-bruker 12539300, 4 år sidenThe extensions loses out its settings after every Firefox update, ideally it should be synced with user's Firefox account. Except this all great !!
- Vurdert til 3 ut av 5av xeem, 4 år siden"unlike Facebook Container, Multi-Account Containers doesn’t prevent you from opening non-Facebook sites"
and therein lies the problem; you can't restrict a container to a specific domain/domains - really guys?
- Vurdert til 3 ut av 5av Firefox-bruker 14524406, 4 år sidenAwesome add-on! So close to being perfect. A few suggestions are add a "Private Window" container that as is expected is segregates from all the other containers and whose history does not get kept at all. Another suggestion is allowing for each container category to have custom Firefox privacy settings. Also if we wanna get crazy maybe allow containers to be tied to VPN connections via the user's VPN service preferrence. Final suggestion is MORE COLORS for container icons. Nonetheless this is a great add on!
- Vurdert til 3 ut av 5av Firefox-bruker 14351825, 4 år sidenGreat idea but it doesn't support sync. I don't know a single person that only owns one computer. I'm not sure if Mozilla has product managers or if prioritization is all done adhoc via developers, but please, someone, make container settings sync a priority.