- Vurdert til 1 ut av 5av ZFoster, en måned sidenUninstalling today. DDG is now advertising in email fields as I browse. Nope.
- Vurdert til 1 ut av 5av Firefox-bruker 17792587, en måned sidenLost my trust. Inserting DDG ads into email fields? No way. Whomever made this decision... Horrible move.
- Vurdert til 1 ut av 5av Firefox-bruker 13168668, en måned sidenStarted getting DDG logo on my email fields, totally unacceptable, that was very intrusive, I immediately removed it.
- Vurdert til 1 ut av 5av Firefox-bruker 16417987, en måned sidenI got a DDG ad on an email input box. ABSOLUTELY NOT DDG. Absolutely not... Removing.
- Vurdert til 1 ut av 5av Firefox-bruker 17789171, en måned sidenSpyware, clear and simple. Just another way to sell your info for money. Didn't think DDG was so underhanded, they used to be trustworthy. Deleted.
- Vurdert til 1 ut av 5av Firefox-bruker 15026560, 2 måneder sidenIt stops me accessing my ISP e-mail account with Sky UK (Yahoo). Causes an error 289
- Vurdert til 1 ut av 5av DuskTheUmbreon, 3 måneder sidenThis is NOT a privacy extension. It is ANTI-PRIVACY. https://thenextweb.com/news/duckduckgo-microsoft-tracking-sparks-backlash
EDIT: Developers responded to this review. They cite something that pretends to "prove" they're pro-privacy, despite the fact that DDG illegally sold data to microsoft.
Utviklerresponspostet 2 måneder sidenHi, we're doing more to prevent Microsoft tracking than most major browsers by default: https://spreadprivacy.com/more-privacy-and-transparency/
- Vurdert til 1 ut av 5av Mark B, 3 måneder sidenBreaks YouTube Music. When playing a Track in a Playlist, the Media Controls at the bottom of the page (replay, play/pause, skip, thumbnail image, thumbs-up, thumbs-down, menu, etc) are GONE. There's just a big, dark-gray area where the Media Controls should be. Disable this extension, refresh the page, and the Media Controls are there.
- Vurdert til 1 ut av 5av Firefox-bruker 17695244, 3 måneder sidenBreaks Google Drive details pane even with protections disabled. Uninstalling DuckDuckGo add-on allows the details pane to load.
- Vurdert til 1 ut av 5av Publius Maximus, 5 måneder sidenDDG has never been able to secure my trust. I am an IT professional who has rigorously tested dozens of search engines. My five favorites are: Brave, MetaGer, Mojeek, Qwant, and Swisscows -- none of which are hosted in the USA. DDG is nearly as insecure as Google or BIng.
DDG's lack of transparency in operating policies, blocking trackers, yet allowing some trackers (anonymous or not) without clearly informing users destroys trust and credibility.
If you read the entire DDG policies, you will discover that they pass data to affiliates eBay and Amazon.
Utviklerresponspostet 2 måneder sidenHi, we have a help page that explains our web tracking protection in detail. If you're interested, you can check it out here: https://help.duckduckgo.com/duckduckgo-help-pages/privacy/web-tracking-protections/ Also, many of our products are open source so you can look into them for yourself.
- Vurdert til 1 ut av 5av wkothlow, 5 måneder sidenI was an avid user of DuckDuckGo until now. Today, October 25, 2022, DuckDuckGo started hanging when I tried doing internet searches. The page connections always timed out. I removed the add-on, then searched with Google, no problem, successful search. Actually went so far as to refresh Firefox (most current version 106.0.1) which meant losing all my other add-ons. DuckDuckGo search engine failed (timed out); Google search engine worked fine. If this is ever remedied I'll use this search engine again. Until then, Google has my business.
- Vurdert til 1 ut av 5av Firefox-bruker 17596745, 6 måneder sidenI had to delete this add-on because I was having a lot of problems opening up certain web pages. The pages would open fine using Safari. Firefox works much better without this add-on installed.
- Vurdert til 1 ut av 5av Edison Franklin, 6 måneder sidenDangerous. DuckDuckGo Privacy Essentials automatically turns off IBM Trusteer Endpoint Protection when enabled. Consequently, hackers could steal all your passwords including that to your bank account. You could lose all your money. Everytime I turn on Firefox, a popup asks to turn on DuckDuckGo Privacy Essentials. I wish it would shut up.
- Vurdert til 1 ut av 5av Carlos Arcos, 6 måneder sidenAl instalar privacy essentials, borra todos los buscadores alternativos. Al desinstalarlo, ya no se pueden restaurar, ni los demás, ni el propio Duck Duck go, que deja tambiñen de funcionar. Igualmente, interfiere con Firebox y deja de abrir os enlaces en nueva pestaña. Un auténtico desastre desde las últimas versiones.
- Vurdert til 1 ut av 5av Firefox-bruker 13558218, 7 måneder sidenThey are entirely insane if they think I will install their spyware extension to get their "email protection". Is it not enough that they get my incoming email? In contrast, relay dot firefox dot com provides email protection for free without having to install an extension. In short, try Firefox Relay before you try this extension for email protection.
Utviklerresponspostet 7 måneder sidenHi there -- please rest assured that our Email Protection never has access to your inbox, and we don't save any mail when removing trackers and forwarding messages to you. See our privacy guarantees for more info: https://duckduckgo.com/email/privacy-guarantees