- Vurdert til 1 ut av 5av Publius Maximus, en måned sidenDDG has never been able to secure my trust. I am an IT professional who has rigorously tested dozens of search engines. My five favorites are: Brave, MetaGer, Mojeek, Qwant, and Swisscows -- none of which are hosted in the USA. DDG is nearly as insecure as Google or BIng.
DDG's lack of transparency in operating policies, blocking trackers, yet allowing some trackers (anonymous or not) without clearly informing users destroys trust and credibility.
If you read the entire DDG policies, you will discover that they pass data to affiliates eBay and Amazon.
- Vurdert til 1 ut av 5av wkothlow, en måned sidenI was an avid user of DuckDuckGo until now. Today, October 25, 2022, DuckDuckGo started hanging when I tried doing internet searches. The page connections always timed out. I removed the add-on, then searched with Google, no problem, successful search. Actually went so far as to refresh Firefox (most current version 106.0.1) which meant losing all my other add-ons. DuckDuckGo search engine failed (timed out); Google search engine worked fine. If this is ever remedied I'll use this search engine again. Until then, Google has my business.
- Vurdert til 1 ut av 5av Firefox-bruker 17596745, 2 måneder sidenI had to delete this add-on because I was having a lot of problems opening up certain web pages. The pages would open fine using Safari. Firefox works much better without this add-on installed.
- Vurdert til 1 ut av 5av Edison Franklin, 2 måneder sidenDangerous. DuckDuckGo Privacy Essentials automatically turns off IBM Trusteer Endpoint Protection when enabled. Consequently, hackers could steal all your passwords including that to your bank account. You could lose all your money. Everytime I turn on Firefox, a popup asks to turn on DuckDuckGo Privacy Essentials. I wish it would shut up.
- Vurdert til 1 ut av 5av Carlos Arcos, 2 måneder sidenAl instalar privacy essentials, borra todos los buscadores alternativos. Al desinstalarlo, ya no se pueden restaurar, ni los demás, ni el propio Duck Duck go, que deja tambiñen de funcionar. Igualmente, interfiere con Firebox y deja de abrir os enlaces en nueva pestaña. Un auténtico desastre desde las últimas versiones.
- Vurdert til 1 ut av 5av Firefox-bruker 13558218, 3 måneder sidenThey are entirely insane if they think I will install their spyware extension to get their "email protection". Is it not enough that they get my incoming email? In contrast, relay dot firefox dot com provides email protection for free without having to install an extension. In short, try Firefox Relay before you try this extension for email protection.
Utviklerresponspostet 3 måneder sidenHi there -- please rest assured that our Email Protection never has access to your inbox, and we don't save any mail when removing trackers and forwarding messages to you. See our privacy guarantees for more info: https://duckduckgo.com/email/privacy-guarantees
I had to go to https://mycroftproject.com/ to find clear instructions on achieving this.
- Vurdert til 1 ut av 5av Firefox-bruker 15151704, 5 måneder sidenAfter DuckDuckGo has also sold itself and filters content, as well as forwards user behavior, it's just scrap. You can also stay with Google, they have the better search algorithms.
Don't get confused with the statements that they won't do it. After all, their payment also depends on users using the site. The fact is they have been caught and are no longer trustworthy. The recension you wrote for yourself doesn't negate that either. Do you think we are stupid?!
Utviklerresponspostet 5 måneder sidenNeither of these claims are true. We don't censor news and, unless legally prohibited, you should find all media outlets in our results. Let us know if you're seeing differently. On our privacy protections, we don't track you, there are no 3rd-party trackers in our app, and we do restrict 3rd-party Microsoft scripts on sites you visit. Please see the explanation from our founder/CEO here: https://www.reddit.com/r/technology/comments/uxiah9/comment/i9xxjsn/?context=3
- Vurdert til 1 ut av 5av Firefox-bruker 17155439, 6 måneder sidenI'm also convinced they're allowing Microsoft to track people. I found out that for now UltraBlock is a good alternative. It also blocks trackers and tries to block ads on top of that.
Utviklerresponspostet 6 måneder sidenWe are not. We don't track you, there are no 3rd-party trackers in our app, and we restrict 3rd-party Microsoft scripts on sites you visit. More here: https://www.reddit.com/r/technology/comments/uxiah9/duckduckgo_caught_giving_microsoft_permission_for/i9xxjsn/?context=3
- Vurdert til 1 ut av 5av Mr.Pikachu The Madman, 6 måneder sidenWow.
Never in a million years did I think a organization could break my trust this badly.
Their contractual obligations to Microsoft should have been upfront.
Also, note the developer responses in these reviews! They're lying through their teeth!
Use something else like Brave Search.
Utviklerresponspostet 6 måneder sidenHi Mr.Pikachu. We're not sure if you've read the detailed summary that our founder/CEO wrote on reddit a few weeks ago but you can find it here: https://www.reddit.com/r/technology/comments/uxiah9/duckduckgo_caught_giving_microsoft_permission_for/i9xxjsn/?context=3
The stories going around are very misleading and hopefully that link above will provide more context.
- Vurdert til 1 ut av 5av privacy-xplorer, 6 måneder sidenLack of transparency in operating policy, blocking trackers but allowing certain trackers anon or not without clearly informing users butchers trust and credibility.
- Vurdert til 1 ut av 5av ㅤㅤ, 6 måneder sidenThe Email Protection's "Autofill" feature interfieres with the fields "TO", "CC" and "BCC" of the ProtonMail webmail interface by pasting a DDG private email adress in all these fields and making hard to manage them.
It would be a great idea to add an option to disable the "Autofill" feature in specific websites or [sub]domains.
- Vurdert til 1 ut av 5av RadianDRZ, 7 måneder sidenCensorship!!! As soon as the CEO informed that they were down ranking sites that they didn't agree with, I said good bye.
I can no longer support DDG if they are against free speech.
We are adults. We have the right to our own opinions and research. Do not take that away!
- Vurdert til 1 ut av 5av lone_thumper-1364602543.64, 7 måneder sidenI used to be a fan and proponent of DDG, but upon reading about their filtering of information that doesn't fit their political ideology, I am no longer a user or supporter. In fact, I am a vocal critic to those that I know who are considering using them. They broke the trust.
Utviklerresponspostet 7 måneder sidenWe understand that there are a number of stories circulating alleging we are purging independent media outlets and other content from our search results. These stories and the accusations are not true. If you can't find something on DuckDuckGo, please let us know what it is specifically and we'll investigate.
- Vurdert til 1 ut av 5av Jamieson, 7 måneder sidenJust abandoned the reason anyone would use this subpar search engine in the first place. Quite an odd decision but brain injuries are a real thing I supposed.