- Vurdert til 3 ut av 5av Rumboogy, 9 måneder sidenI chose Bitwarden because me research indicated that it had the best security as compared to LastPass and 1Password. What I did not realize when I chose Bitwarden was how stupid and clunky the user interface would be. Using Bitwarden on a daily basis takes more effort than other password managers. Here is an example of this stupidity. You can fill a password on a webpage by right clicking and choosing the item under the Bitwarden context menu. But you can't do this to fill contact info or credit cards. For those you have to click on the extensions icon and select the item you want to fill from the drop down menu. Why have two completely different mechanisms to fill similar types of data?
I switched from LastPass to Bitwarden due to LastPass' continual security problems. I plan to migrate again to 1Password. Their security record is not quite as good as Bitwarden (from my research), but the usability is supposed to be much better from what I have read in reviews.
- Vurdert til 3 ut av 5av Cole, 9 måneder sidenCan you please fix the "experimental" problems with in-private browsing because I use in-private mode a lot, and Bitwarden automatically re-locks every time I open a new tab in in-private mode?
- Vurdert til 3 ut av 5av Lorbon, 10 måneder sidenBitwarden may be perfect for computer skilled people. But as an older person it is a nightmare.
Instructions should be simple to follow like a tree and as you pass each branch you complete that part of the install. I have found some one else's simple written instructions to follow and they make more cense.
- Vurdert til 3 ut av 5av Shreyans, ett år sidenRecently moved from Chrome to Firefox and realized that the Bitwarden extension is quite slow on Firefox. I am on a fast machine (Apple M1 Pro), but the bitwarden extension takes about 5 seconds to load the passwords.
- Vurdert til 3 ut av 5av Adam M., ett år sidenPretty iffy so far. The add-on seemingly decides on a whim, whether or not to save new passwords. Occasionally I'll have to manually update generated passwords in the vault. Doesn't seem to recognize the difference between, "old password" & "new password" spaces in forms. The sidebar for logging in oftentimes doesn't appear. Lastly the UI is just painful to look at, but other than those problems, it's functional.Thanks for the feedback! If you are having issues with the sidebar, try refreshing Firefox https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/refresh-firefox-reset-add-ons-and-settings as that doesn't sound like expected behavior.
Are you keeping your vault in a locked or logged out state? https://bitwarden.com/help/vault-timeout/
- Vurdert til 3 ut av 5av Guccifer, ett år sidenIt's almost perfect but the keyboard shortcuts to auto-fill the data are NOT working currently for my PC> I dont get why cuz on Chrome, on Brave, Vivaldi, it works ..here..it doesnt. Can someone tell me why?
- Vurdert til 3 ut av 5av Ricky, ett år sidenWith the free program I have several issues. The program continually asks to log into the program. Second I do find that the program will add the password to app log in screens. It does seem to not miss any passwords entered in a program.We're here to help, you can also use biometrics to reduce having to input your master password, see https://bitwarden.com/help/biometrics/ for more information or contact the support team directly at https://bitwarden.com/contact/
- Vurdert til 3 ut av 5av Firefox-bruker 17685854, ett år sidenThis app would be great if it didn't force me to restart firefox after 15 minutes to allow it to sync to my self-hosted bitwarden server... That would bring this to 5 stars, until then because of buggy software its a 3 stars and that is being generous honestly.
- Vurdert til 3 ut av 5av Firefox-bruker 17682635, ett år sidenIt has all the basic functions and it's fairly inexpensive. It does auto-fill on most websites. It's missing a few features that other password managers have. For example, you can't have it fill in contact information like personal address fields. Also the syncing seems to be slow sometimes.
- Vurdert til 3 ut av 5av PeterPiper441, ett år sidenThis extension is really buggy on Firefox, especially in private mode. Please fix this issue. Other than that, it's a great extension.Let us know what isn't working for you at https://bitwarden.com/contact/ or file a bug report directly on Github with steps to reproduce for the team to investigate: https://github.com/bitwarden/clients/issues
- Vurdert til 3 ut av 5av Aseliot, ett år sidenCompared to extensions like Last Pass etc. I am not missing much except for the functionality to auto-fill in forms? At least I never see it appearing anywhere if it does exist.
Also asking for the master password again when copying passwords is missing?
Other than that I have no complaints, these features are not required to have a good experience but would definitely be very useful additions user- and security-wise.
- Vurdert til 3 ut av 5av mburkard, ett år sidenFor the most part a good password manager.
It's really bad at automatically detecting account creation and password change forms (a lot worse than OnePass and Firefox password manager) so if you're not careful to tell Bitwarden you're password manually it can cause problems.
Still my password manager of choice since it's free, open source, and feature-full.Thanks for the support and feedback, it can help to disable your browser's ability to manage credentials: https://bitwarden.com/help/getting-started-browserext/#disable-a-built-in-password-manager or contact the support team directly at https://bitwarden.com/contact/
- Vurdert til 3 ut av 5av Firefox-bruker 12775469, 2 år sidenThe browser extension for is missing features that the app has. Some of these things are pretty important to make the extension competitive with other password managers. The biggest missing thing for me personally is the ability to switch between my personal account and my work account.
Utviklerresponspostet 2 år sidenHey there! There should be parity between Firefox, Chrome and iOS. Let us know what feature you are looking for, or contact our support team directly https://bitwarden.com/contact/