- Rated 1 out of 5од xpower7, пред еден месецAcording to https://coveryourtracks.eff.org/ , this doesn't work. However, if you remove/disable this addong and enable privacy.resistFingerprinting on about:config, you will get a partially blocked result. Also, I don't see any fingerprint icon when the addon is enable.
- Rated 1 out of 5од IchBinz, пред 9 месециFunktioniert überhaupt nicht! Habe es auf einer Fingerprinting Seite getestet, egal wie oft ich die Cookies lösche oder den Browser neu starte.. ich werde immer wieder erkannt. Sogar das Canvas Blocker installiert ist, wird von der Webseite ganz genau erkannt. Ich habe mehrfach die Seite aufgerurfen, nach dem ich alle Cookies gelöscht hatte und habe Screenshots gemacht und die Screenshots waren alle identisch.. ich wurde exakt wieder erkannt.
Одговор на развивачотposted пред 9 месециBitte öffnen Sie ein Ticket auf https://github.com/kkapsner/CanvasBlocker/issues/ mit den genauen Informationen Ihrer Tests und Ihrer Einstellungen. Vor allem welche Fingerprinting Seite verwendet wird, kann mir bei der Fehlersuche helfen.
Da CanvasBlocker Dinge im Browserverhalten ändert, kann es immer irgendwie erkannt werden. Mit der "Stealth" Voreinstellung kann das auf Kosten der Browserperformance reduziert werden.
- Rated 1 out of 5од Lockard, пред една годинаMany differents fingerprint test done all they all showed the the same and real fingerprint of my computer
Одговор на развивачотposted пред една годинаPlease open an issue at https://github.com/kkapsner/CanvasBlocker/issues with more information (your settings, the fingerprint tests, etc.) so I can investigate the problem.
- Rated 1 out of 5од Expert Plus, пред една годинаSorry, but I did detected that this extension does making me not a privacy person. So, in Firefox and LibreWolf (which I using as my default) with this extension coveryourtracks.eff.org says that I have a unique fingerprint (which is sad to hear) and that my browser isn't asking for DNT policies. But without this addon my browser is asking for DNT policies and my fingerprint isn't uniqie. I'm happy without extension........
Одговор на развивачотposted пред една годинаHaving a unique fingerprint does not mean you are trackable: https://canvasblocker.kkapsner.de/faq/#uniqueFingerprint
DNT should not be affected by CanvasBlocker. But I'm not completely sure what you mean by "DNT policies". Please open an issue at https://github.com/kkapsner/CanvasBlocker/issues with the details to reproduce it.
- Rated 1 out of 5од WISEGUY, пред 3 годиниI downloaded this and it really blocked most of my sites and make a lot of other Firefox Icons stop working. I uninstalled it and everything is fine. My friend had the same thing happen. We both use the newest Firefox and windows 10. Thanks anyway but we will stay away from this add-on..
Одговор на развивачотposted пред 3 годиниI'm not sure what you exactly mean by "a lot of other Firefox Icons stop working" but it sounds like something I should look into. Please open an issue at https://github.com/kkapsner/CanvasBlocker/issues with your specific problem and your settings.
The blocking of sites is often something that can be addressed by settings. You can also open an issue for that and I can look what your sites need to work properly.
- Rated 1 out of 5од ezekielk, пред 3 годиниAfter installing this add-on, Panopticlick's test shows I have zilch protection from fingerprinting. The author claims that the unique fingerprint is different each time you test it, but that's just not true...almost everything remains unchanged. Most alarming: also true for both hash numbers.
Edit: Responding to your comment: I have tested via Panopticlick many times, reloading the page, or opening a new page and testing again. I get no difference from one test to another, including the two hash numbers, which always remain the same. Shuffling people off to Github's CanvasBlocker issues is not the answer! I've tried another fingerprint hider that is also highly rated (Antifingerprint), and likewise it doesn't work. According to EFF, there is no solution yet...and is why they don't recommend any anti-fingerprint add-on, nor have made their own. And they're pretty much the last word re. online security. See:
People are just fooling themselves if they think any anti-fingerprint add-on really works.
Edit 2: I'm not interested in reporting to Github, I doubt anything will be done about it, as I am not the only person who gets failed protection with CanvasBlocker. Opening a ticket with Github would be like plunking a message down a bottomless, black pit. Panopticlick may be 10 years old, but it still maintains accurate results...what is there to update? I have privacy.resistFingerprinting set to "false," BTW...though I did have it on "true" for awhile. Doesn't seem to make any difference with Panopticlick. As for "persistent random number generator enabled," there is no such option in about:config. My point is this: if your add-on actually worked, Mozilla would've made you rich by purchasing the rights to embed it in their browser.
Одговор на развивачотposted пред 3 годиниThe hashes change for me if I hit "Re-test your browser". Depending on the CB settings the hashes may stay the same (Random number generator). Please open an issue at https://github.com/kkapsner/CanvasBlocker/issues with your settings. Then we investigate the problem further.
Edit in response to your edit: if the hash does not change for you with CanvasBlocker it might be a bug and I want to investigate it further. But this review page is a very bad communication channel for such things (e.g. I did not get any notification that you edited your review and you have no way to actually respond). That's why you should create an issue at Github. It's not about "shuffling people off". It's about better communication and actually solving the problem and/or getting better insight.
The EFF investigation is 10 years old (CB is "only" 5 years old) and I think some improvements were made in the meantime. I can only repeat myself: on https://panopticlick.eff.org/ I get different hashes when I click "Re-test your browser".
I have two ideas why you get the same hash:
1. you have privacy.resistFingerprinting enabled which also protects canvas (see https://github.com/kkapsner/CanvasBlocker/issues/158 and https://github.com/ghacksuserjs/ghacks-user.js/issues/767 for further information)
2. you have the persistent random number generator enabled (stealth preset)
In response to your edit2: it's OK if you do not want to report a Github. At the moment I have no issue open at Github were the protection is not working - I try to solve them as quick as possible. Sometimes it's a CB bug and sometimes it's a misconfiguration or misunderstanding. If you know of other persons with failed protection maybe they want to help me to solve this issue. Without the complete details of the system and some sort of reproduction scenario I have no way of knowing what is going wrong.
I do not know which bad experiences you had with Github but it's simply a development platform and the kind of responses/interaction can vary very much between repositories. It all depends on people.
I had several issue with exactly the same symptom (hash not changing - like https://github.com/kkapsner/CanvasBlocker/issues/199 with Panopticlick or the most recent one being https://github.com/kkapsner/CanvasBlocker/issues/425). All of them were resolved or I had do close them because I did not get an answer for my following up questions that I have to prompt to solve the issue.
I do not say that Panopticlick does not maintain accurate results. I simply say that some people try to solve the problem in the last 10 years and made progress (the most know is the TOR Browser and the Firefox uplift privacy.resistFingerprinting). I know that CanvasBlocker is not perfect and there will be other fingerprinting techniques and attack vectors in the future that CB does not cover at the moment. But at the moment (and especially with the Canvas hashes on Panopticlick) it's working fine.
The "random number generator" is a setting withing the CanvasBlocker settings - I could show you a screenshot of where to find it if we were on Github...
It is set to "persistent" if you selected the "stealth" preset upon installation.
I do not see a point why Mozilla would want to buy my add-on. If they would want to incorporate it into their browser they simply could to it as it's open source and the licence allows the usage for non commercial usage (and they do charge money for Firefox). There are loads of good add-ons that work and that are not integrated into Firefox. That's the idea and beauty of Firefox: you can customize it.
- Rated 1 out of 5од Firefox user 15030259, пред 4 годиниI'll gladly change my rating if this is shown to be user error but I disabled every other add-on in Firefox except CanvasBlocker, went to browserleaks.com/canvas and ran the test, and the Fingerprint "Signature" field always stays the same no matter what. If I uninstall CanvasBlocker, it's the EXACT same signature as when the extension is installed. I have used the default settings and I have also tried tweaking the settings. The signature NEVER changes.
Одговор на развивачотposted пред 4 годиниI do not think this is a user error. But with the given information I do not know what's the root cause of the problem. Please open an issue at https://github.com/kkapsner/CanvasBlocker/issues with detailed information (e.g. used browser version and operating system) so I can reproduce the problem.
- Rated 1 out of 5од Firefox user 14090498, пред 4 годиниI tested with https://browserleaks.com/canvas and even when the "Signature" changes everytime I reload the test the "Unique Fingerprints" at "Database Summary" is always the same. Why? is this a way they can still track me??? I might improve the rate after clarifying. Thanks
Одговор на развивачотposted пред 4 годиниActually I'm not sure what the section "Database Summary" is all about and whte the "Unique Fingerprints" really count. Maybe they only include fingerprints in their database when they see it more than once (or the count is not live but only updated in some time periods).
As the signature changes every time CanvasBlocker is working as intended. This is the tracking information CanvasBlocker protects.
Please open an issue at https://github.com/kkapsner/CanvasBlocker/issues where we can discuss the impact of that (communication is way better there).
- Rated 1 out of 5од Firefox user 12934307, пред 5 годиниbreaks webpages that require adobe flash on waterfox latest releasePlease open an issue at https://github.com/kkapsner/CanvasBlocker/issues with all your details and a reproduction scenario. There we can communicate way better.
- Rated 1 out of 5од Firefox user 13079850, пред 5 годиниThis extension doesn't work.
Go see for yourself.It's fine to have a unique fingerprint as long it changes every time. If you re-test your browser you will see different canvas and webGL hashes.
See the following issue for reference: https://github.com/kkapsner/CanvasBlocker/issues/154
- Please provide a reason why you gave one star. Maybe I can fix the issue or improve CB with your input.
- Rated 1 out of 5од Firefox user 13793914, пред 5 годиниNot good. Had partial protection before installing add-on. This add-on makes my browser 100% unique.Yes, in the standard settings of CB the fingerprint that is produced with CB is quite unique but not persistent. That means the browser itself (and therefore you) cannot be indentified by it. (The same issue was reportet on github: https://github.com/kkapsner/CanvasBlocker/issues/154 - if you want further informations you can explore the issues there or post a new one.)
Also there are a lot of options which change the behaviour of CB (just mark the expert mode). If you want a less unique fingerprint you can use the "white" random number generator which will result in fingerprints similar to those of the Tor browser.
- Rated 1 out of 5од Registrierter Benutzer, пред 5 годиниreverted to 0.4.2 as 0.4.3 (all) is blocking pages, either when firefox starting with last session, or login to AMOCan you please file an issue at https://github.com/kkapsner/CanvasBlocker/issues with more details. I already know that there are problem but I'm not able to spot them because I never had a reproduction scenario.
EDIT: Have you tried any of the Beta versions? https://github.com/kkapsner/CanvasBlocker/releases/
EDIT: Please try version 0.4.4
- Rated 1 out of 5од Firefox user 13411330, пред 6 годиниcan't get the add on CavasBlocker on the new quantum version beta.Keeps telling me I'm running version 54.0???
Одговор на развивачотposted пред 6 годиниPlease recheck your Firefox version and try to add it again. Version 0.4.2 should also run with Firefox 52.4.1