- Rated 1 out of 5by RA, pirms 14 dienāmI have been using it for a while but it ceased to work. I reinstalled it but it does nothing when I double click a word or highlight it then chose translate highlighted text from the pop-up menu.
- Rated 1 out of 5by KnOwlEdge, pirms 15 dienāmNon-existing support, zero reaction from the dev. in the posts on Github, zero consideration for the issues brought to his attention.
The addon has been updated many times and still the dev couldn't find time to make a freaking simple improvement like introducing a time limit for the button which appears when you select text.
A button that right now stays there FOREVER until you click somewhere else in the page, which is NOT always the case (for example, if you copy something to attach it in another page. Simple case: I copied the title of a movie I was streaming, so to write it to someone in an email. When I went back to the streaming, the freaking button was there in the mid of the freaking video. This is RIDICULOUS and one of the most blatant examples of atrocious UX Design.
It's so annoying that it escapes my comprehension how people give this thing 5 stars.
- Rated 1 out of 5by Casey, pirms mēnešaDeepL translation after all this time still doesn't work after adding an authentication key, and Google Translate is used instead. I further question if any online ratings mean anything
- Rated 1 out of 5by Firefox user 14520804, pirms mēnešaTrying to translate an entire website, the add-on always uses the Google translator, even with an existing DeepL API key. I am surprised why this add-on is recommended when even such basic things do not work.
- Rated 1 out of 5by Firefox user 14425971, pirms 6 mēnešiemThe addon adds content to the editor itself, e.g. Wordpress
The following content is added:
"div id="simple-translate" class="simple-translate-light-theme"
div class="simpie-translate-button isShow" style="background-image: url('moz-extension ://7bd028b3-62a8-43e5-918c-13744618dc89/icons/512.png'); height: 22px; width: 22px; top: 3648px; left: 38px;"/div
div class="simple-translate-panel " style="width: 300px; height: 200px; top: 0px; left: 0px; font-size: 13px;"
div class="simple-translate-result-wrapper" style="overflow: hidden;"
div class="simple-translate-move" draggable="true"X/div
p class="simple-translate-result" dir="auto"X/p
p class="simple-translate-candidate" dir="auto"X/p
- Rated 1 out of 5by Firefox user 17755559, pirms 8 mēnešiemThere is no way to choose whether the translation is excecuted with Deepl or Google. I am having the impression that the translation is done by Google and is thus of bad quality.