- Rated 2 out of 5by Mavaddat Javid, pirms 15 dienāmTechnically, it works. However, it requires a little modal pop-up that doesn't stay open if you accidentally click elsewhere. Also, it does not auto-detect the source language and it doesn't remember your preferred destination language. It feels like a toy add-on made by an tinkering junior developer, not a serious translation add-on by Mozilla themselves.
- Rated 2 out of 5by bigdoggie, pirms mēnešaI support Mozilla, however the translate feature is waaaay behind Google Chrome. In addition it supports a fraction of the languages Google supports. ...So I use Google Chrome exclusively when traveling.
- Rated 2 out of 5by codematters, pirms mēnešaThe lack of languages like Arabic and Chinese severely limits the extension since billions of people use those languages. The languages it does translate are almost all Western languages, excluding the global south completely. Enabling understanding between the West and the Global South should have been a top priority from the start.
- Rated 2 out of 5by Firefox user 14066206, pirms mēnešaAucun intérêt, car ne détecte pas la langue à traduire. Il faut rentrer manuellement le nom de la langue pour que le traducteur sache de quelle langue il s'agit avant de la traduire.
Indépendamment de ce handicap, les traductions sont correctes.
- Rated 2 out of 5by Mr_Spade, pirms 2 mēnešiemThere is no Chinese translation support, which is the most unfortunate point.
Regarding localized translations, my personal opinion is that Firefox can appropriately give up its support for perfect privacy protection in the area of web page translations. Users like me may not care that the translation engine knows what they are browsing, as long as Firefox can ensure that the captured content is only used for translating and improving translations.
It might be useful to ask for permission to remotely transfer web content in order to support more languages. For users who do not agree, the current localized translations will continue to be used.
- Rated 2 out of 5by logear, pirms 2 mēnešiemWorks inconsistently. I was using Firefox 120.0.1 when a popup asked if I wanted to translate the page. Worked once. Didn't realize it was built into Firefox, so I installed the add-on. Browser has to be restarted to get it to work. Too inconsistent. Works great when it's working but it's not always available.
- Rated 2 out of 5by Firefox user 15210312, pirms 5 mēnešiemit was touted as something that integrates into the browser, it does NOT. it was advertised as something that translates websites, it does NOT. you'd assume it'd be good enough for basic translations, but strike three you're OUT!
- Rated 2 out of 5by Joseph, pirms 6 mēnešiemhad better hopes since its coming directly from mozilla, quite disappointed though. Compared to the old google translate, this is miles away. A lot of hugely used language like chinese etc is not available. It also does not support auto-detect etc.
- Rated 2 out of 5by Skitburd, pirms 6 mēnešiemIt's clear that this is being worked on still, but at this time, non-European languages are not supported. It's baffling to me that Catalan is being worked on ahead of Japanese
- Rated 2 out of 5by Firefox user 18009039, pirms 6 mēnešiem"Encontramos um erro ao carregar o mecanismo de tradução!"
Simplismente a extensão nunca funciona! Decepcionante, não encontrei nenhuma opção de feedback nem de suporte ou relatório...
- Rated 2 out of 5by Firefox user 15921191, pirms 7 mēnešiemSeems ok from a UX perspective, but seriously lacking in supported languages. Will become a viable alternative to cloud-based translation services once language support is on par, but it doesn't even cover the language I need to translate on a daily basis. You'll still need a backup translation extension installed for now, so I'd say give it a miss until they have much better language support.
- Rated 2 out of 5by Arim, pirms 7 mēnešiemCe serait une super application si elle était fonctionnelle en français. Actuellement elle donne un vague aperçu du sens en inventant des mots, avec des phrases parfois incompréhensibles. Pas encore au niveau de Google.J'espère qu'elle va s'améliorer.
- Rated 2 out of 5by Firefox user 17958366, pirms 8 mēnešiemI understand, it's still in development so I won't complain about missing language support - that's natural and expected...But there is missing pretty elementary functionality.
For example, I open a page in german, click on a TRANSLATE button, wait few seconds until it's translated - and then I have to repeat this for each and every subpage / link I click at...Seriously?
Why there is no such thing as "always translate german" or "always translate this domain" (which honestly is a common sense and a typical use-case scenario of 99% of people).
I feel it's almost as if the developers of this extension had their common sense removed...