- Rated 1 out of 5by MagiKFred, pirms 5 mēnešiemYou must think humans are dumb for not being able to discern from disinformation. But censoring it for a PR stunt on twitter is just ridiculous. I bet $50 only 1/100 Duck Duck Go users support this decision. It doesn't make much sense, unless you actively want to destroy your integrity and shill for twitter. This act is repulsive.
- Rated 1 out of 5by DerLinuxminzige, pirms 5 mēnešiemI was a conviced user of DDG until I read this morning: (https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitical/duckduckgo-updates-search-engine-will-penalize-sites-associated-disinformation)
I chose my information and not any duck - if so I could use goggle. Firefox should delete the support for DDG and offer us an other trusted alternative. I installed Qwant for now as I do not see any other trusted searchengine.
I am OUTRAGED by this trust breaking action of DDG.
- Rated 1 out of 5by Anonymous, pirms 5 mēnešiemI will never use ddg again, startpage for me
- Rated 1 out of 5by Firefox user 15979466, pirms 5 mēnešiemThis project started out with so much hope. But now this CEO also thinks he knows better than all of us and can manipulate the way we think and the information we see. AVOID THIS ADD-ON.
- Rated 1 out of 5by bonvivant, pirms 5 mēnešiemDuckDuckGo recently announced that they were now filtering your search results according to their political bent. Now, they're no better than Google, Bing or Microsoft. I quit.
- Rated 1 out of 5by Txn Aussie, pirms 5 mēnešiemNo different than Bing, except Microsoft is collecting your data. Now that they are censoring, I will go some where else. The only benefit you get now is privacy, but with bing I can get the censorship and be paid in Microsoft points, so the search engine doesn't have a purpose, as I left big tech to avoid censorship and get privacy, I'm moving to Brave search, presearch, SearX and Yacy.
- Rated 1 out of 5by Firefox user 17323215, pirms 5 mēnešiemi used Duckduckgo as an alternative to google for so long, Today i heard your censoring websites and for that I will be deleting and moving to Brave.
- Rated 1 out of 5by BCS, pirms 5 mēnešiemLike google, DDG decided to start censoring the search results. It became worthless for me so I decided to uninstall it from all our phones and browsers. DuckDuckGone it is! The Brave browser and the Brave search engine are great and I’m happy with it.
- Rated 2 out of 5by CJ, pirms 5 mēnešiemI've used this extension for years; It previously worked very well to integrate DDG with my browser, and filter trackers without breaking websites. However, the decision by leadership to curate search results that they deem "fake" has adversely affected my opinion of this add-on.
- Rated 1 out of 5by Firefox user 17322617, pirms 5 mēnešiemIs there no browser that will let me make my own decisions about what is good/bad information? I don't want other people making the decision for me. This was a terrible decision on DuckDuckGo's part. The two majors sales bullet points that differentiated DuckDuckGo from Google was a) you searches would be private and b) your searches wouldn't be censored. Well that didn't hold up well did it?
- Rated 1 out of 5by Firefox user 17183981, pirms 5 mēnešiemCensoring searches, you may as well use google. For everyone looking for an alternative I have heard Brave search is good. I am going to try that.
- Rated 1 out of 5by Joop, pirms 5 mēnešiemGabriel Weinberg, CEO, thinks he can decide for me what I should and shouldn't be able to find when I'm searching for things. Censorship found its way to DDG :(