- Rated 1 out of 5by DuskTheUmbreon, pirms mēnešaThis is NOT a privacy extension. It is ANTI-PRIVACY. https://thenextweb.com/news/duckduckgo-microsoft-tracking-sparks-backlash
EDIT: Developers responded to this review. They cite something that pretends to "prove" they're pro-privacy, despite the fact that DDG illegally sold data to microsoft.
- Rated 1 out of 5by Mark B, pirms 2 mēnešiemBreaks YouTube Music. When playing a Track in a Playlist, the Media Controls at the bottom of the page (replay, play/pause, skip, thumbnail image, thumbs-up, thumbs-down, menu, etc) are GONE. There's just a big, dark-gray area where the Media Controls should be. Disable this extension, refresh the page, and the Media Controls are there.
- Rated 1 out of 5by Publius Maximus, pirms 3 mēnešiemDDG has never been able to secure my trust. I am an IT professional who has rigorously tested dozens of search engines. My five favorites are: Brave, MetaGer, Mojeek, Qwant, and Swisscows -- none of which are hosted in the USA. DDG is nearly as insecure as Google or BIng.
DDG's lack of transparency in operating policies, blocking trackers, yet allowing some trackers (anonymous or not) without clearly informing users destroys trust and credibility.
If you read the entire DDG policies, you will discover that they pass data to affiliates eBay and Amazon.
Developer responseposted pirms 4 dienāmHi, we have a help page that explains our web tracking protection in detail. If you're interested, you can check it out here: https://help.duckduckgo.com/duckduckgo-help-pages/privacy/web-tracking-protections/ Also, many of our products are open source so you can look into them for yourself.
- Rated 1 out of 5by wkothlow, pirms 3 mēnešiemI was an avid user of DuckDuckGo until now. Today, October 25, 2022, DuckDuckGo started hanging when I tried doing internet searches. The page connections always timed out. I removed the add-on, then searched with Google, no problem, successful search. Actually went so far as to refresh Firefox (most current version 106.0.1) which meant losing all my other add-ons. DuckDuckGo search engine failed (timed out); Google search engine worked fine. If this is ever remedied I'll use this search engine again. Until then, Google has my business.
- Rated 1 out of 5by Firefox user 17596745, pirms 4 mēnešiemI had to delete this add-on because I was having a lot of problems opening up certain web pages. The pages would open fine using Safari. Firefox works much better without this add-on installed.
- Rated 1 out of 5by Edison Franklin, pirms 4 mēnešiemDangerous. DuckDuckGo Privacy Essentials automatically turns off IBM Trusteer Endpoint Protection when enabled. Consequently, hackers could steal all your passwords including that to your bank account. You could lose all your money. Everytime I turn on Firefox, a popup asks to turn on DuckDuckGo Privacy Essentials. I wish it would shut up.
- Rated 1 out of 5by Carlos Arcos, pirms 5 mēnešiemAl instalar privacy essentials, borra todos los buscadores alternativos. Al desinstalarlo, ya no se pueden restaurar, ni los demás, ni el propio Duck Duck go, que deja tambiñen de funcionar. Igualmente, interfiere con Firebox y deja de abrir os enlaces en nueva pestaña. Un auténtico desastre desde las últimas versiones.
- Rated 1 out of 5by Firefox user 13558218, pirms 5 mēnešiemThey are entirely insane if they think I will install their spyware extension to get their "email protection". Is it not enough that they get my incoming email? In contrast, relay dot firefox dot com provides email protection for free without having to install an extension. In short, try Firefox Relay before you try this extension for email protection.
Developer responseposted pirms 5 mēnešiemHi there -- please rest assured that our Email Protection never has access to your inbox, and we don't save any mail when removing trackers and forwarding messages to you. See our privacy guarantees for more info: https://duckduckgo.com/email/privacy-guarantees
I had to go to https://mycroftproject.com/ to find clear instructions on achieving this.
- Rated 1 out of 5by Firefox user 15151704, pirms 8 mēnešiemAfter DuckDuckGo has also sold itself and filters content, as well as forwards user behavior, it's just scrap. You can also stay with Google, they have the better search algorithms.
Don't get confused with the statements that they won't do it. After all, their payment also depends on users using the site. The fact is they have been caught and are no longer trustworthy. The recension you wrote for yourself doesn't negate that either. Do you think we are stupid?!Neither of these claims are true. We don't censor news and, unless legally prohibited, you should find all media outlets in our results. Let us know if you're seeing differently. On our privacy protections, we don't track you, there are no 3rd-party trackers in our app, and we do restrict 3rd-party Microsoft scripts on sites you visit. Please see the explanation from our founder/CEO here: https://www.reddit.com/r/technology/comments/uxiah9/comment/i9xxjsn/?context=3
- Rated 1 out of 5by Firefox user 17155439, pirms 8 mēnešiemI'm also convinced they're allowing Microsoft to track people. I found out that for now UltraBlock is a good alternative. It also blocks trackers and tries to block ads on top of that.We are not. We don't track you, there are no 3rd-party trackers in our app, and we restrict 3rd-party Microsoft scripts on sites you visit. More here: https://www.reddit.com/r/technology/comments/uxiah9/duckduckgo_caught_giving_microsoft_permission_for/i9xxjsn/?context=3
- Rated 1 out of 5by Mr.Pikachu The Madman, pirms 8 mēnešiemWow.
Never in a million years did I think a organization could break my trust this badly.
Their contractual obligations to Microsoft should have been upfront.
Also, note the developer responses in these reviews! They're lying through their teeth!
Use something else like Brave Search.Hi Mr.Pikachu. We're not sure if you've read the detailed summary that our founder/CEO wrote on reddit a few weeks ago but you can find it here: https://www.reddit.com/r/technology/comments/uxiah9/duckduckgo_caught_giving_microsoft_permission_for/i9xxjsn/?context=3
The stories going around are very misleading and hopefully that link above will provide more context.
- Rated 1 out of 5by privacy-xplorer, pirms 8 mēnešiemLack of transparency in operating policy, blocking trackers but allowing certain trackers anon or not without clearly informing users butchers trust and credibility.