- Rated 1 out of 5by Edison Franklin, pirms 5 dienāmDangerous. DuckDuckGo Privacy Essentials automatically turns off IBM Trusteer Endpoint Protection when enabled. Consequently, hackers could steal all your passwords including that to your bank account. You could lose all your money. Everytime I turn on Firefox, a popup asks to turn on DuckDuckGo Privacy Essentials. I wish it would shut up.
- Rated 1 out of 5by Carlos Arcos, pirms 18 dienāmAl instalar privacy essentials, borra todos los buscadores alternativos. Al desinstalarlo, ya no se pueden restaurar, ni los demás, ni el propio Duck Duck go, que deja tambiñen de funcionar. Igualmente, interfiere con Firebox y deja de abrir os enlaces en nueva pestaña. Un auténtico desastre desde las últimas versiones.
- Rated 1 out of 5by Firefox user 13558218, pirms mēnešaThey are entirely insane if they think I will install their spyware extension to get their "email protection". Is it not enough that they get my incoming email? In contrast, relay dot firefox dot com provides email protection for free without having to install an extension. In short, try Firefox Relay before you try this extension for email protection.
Developer responseposted pirms mēnešaHi there -- please rest assured that our Email Protection never has access to your inbox, and we don't save any mail when removing trackers and forwarding messages to you. See our privacy guarantees for more info: https://duckduckgo.com/email/privacy-guarantees
I had to go to https://mycroftproject.com/ to find clear instructions on achieving this.
- Rated 1 out of 5by Firefox user 15151704, pirms 4 mēnešiemAfter DuckDuckGo has also sold itself and filters content, as well as forwards user behavior, it's just scrap. You can also stay with Google, they have the better search algorithms.
Don't get confused with the statements that they won't do it. After all, their payment also depends on users using the site. The fact is they have been caught and are no longer trustworthy. The recension you wrote for yourself doesn't negate that either. Do you think we are stupid?!
Developer responseposted pirms 3 mēnešiemNeither of these claims are true. We don't censor news and, unless legally prohibited, you should find all media outlets in our results. Let us know if you're seeing differently. On our privacy protections, we don't track you, there are no 3rd-party trackers in our app, and we do restrict 3rd-party Microsoft scripts on sites you visit. Please see the explanation from our founder/CEO here: https://www.reddit.com/r/technology/comments/uxiah9/comment/i9xxjsn/?context=3
- Rated 1 out of 5by Firefox user 17155439, pirms 4 mēnešiemI'm also convinced they're allowing Microsoft to track people. I found out that for now UltraBlock is a good alternative. It also blocks trackers and tries to block ads on top of that.
Developer responseposted pirms 4 mēnešiemWe are not. We don't track you, there are no 3rd-party trackers in our app, and we restrict 3rd-party Microsoft scripts on sites you visit. More here: https://www.reddit.com/r/technology/comments/uxiah9/duckduckgo_caught_giving_microsoft_permission_for/i9xxjsn/?context=3
- Rated 1 out of 5by Mr.Pikachu The Madman, pirms 4 mēnešiemWow.
Never in a million years did I think a organization could break my trust this badly.
Their contractual obligations to Microsoft should have been upfront.
Also, note the developer responses in these reviews! They're lying through their teeth!
Use something else like Brave Search.
Developer responseposted pirms 4 mēnešiemHi Mr.Pikachu. We're not sure if you've read the detailed summary that our founder/CEO wrote on reddit a few weeks ago but you can find it here: https://www.reddit.com/r/technology/comments/uxiah9/duckduckgo_caught_giving_microsoft_permission_for/i9xxjsn/?context=3
The stories going around are very misleading and hopefully that link above will provide more context.
- Rated 1 out of 5by privacy-xplorer, pirms 4 mēnešiemLack of transparency in operating policy, blocking trackers but allowing certain trackers anon or not without clearly informing users butchers trust and credibility.
- Rated 1 out of 5by ㅤㅤ, pirms 5 mēnešiemThe Email Protection's "Autofill" feature interfieres with the fields "TO", "CC" and "BCC" of the ProtonMail webmail interface by pasting a DDG private email adress in all these fields and making hard to manage them.
It would be a great idea to add an option to disable the "Autofill" feature in specific websites or [sub]domains.
- Rated 1 out of 5by RadianDRZ, pirms 5 mēnešiemCensorship!!! As soon as the CEO informed that they were down ranking sites that they didn't agree with, I said good bye.
I can no longer support DDG if they are against free speech.
We are adults. We have the right to our own opinions and research. Do not take that away!
- Rated 1 out of 5by lone_thumper-1364602543.64, pirms 5 mēnešiemI used to be a fan and proponent of DDG, but upon reading about their filtering of information that doesn't fit their political ideology, I am no longer a user or supporter. In fact, I am a vocal critic to those that I know who are considering using them. They broke the trust.
Developer responseposted pirms 5 mēnešiemWe understand that there are a number of stories circulating alleging we are purging independent media outlets and other content from our search results. These stories and the accusations are not true. If you can't find something on DuckDuckGo, please let us know what it is specifically and we'll investigate.
- Rated 1 out of 5by Jamieson, pirms 6 mēnešiemJust abandoned the reason anyone would use this subpar search engine in the first place. Quite an odd decision but brain injuries are a real thing I supposed.
- Rated 1 out of 5by Vlad, pirms 6 mēnešiemDuckduckGo's popularity is largely due to the reputation of the search engine, caring for the confidentiality of its users and free from any censorship. Nevertheless, DuckduckGo deleted several large pirate sites from search results, among them The Pirate Bay, 1337x, Fmovies, Nyaa.see and LookMovie.io. Before that, you stated that you would delete from the issuance of "propaganda". I think that you yourself violate your rules and in particular Firefox policies about the free Internet.
P.S. I delete this expansion and will discourage them to enjoy your acquaintances.
Developer responseposted pirms 5 mēnešiemThere are a number of stories circulating alleging we are purging independent media outlets and other content from our search results. These stories and the accusations are not true. If you can't find something on DuckDuckGo, please let us know what it is specifically and we'll investigate.