- Rated 1 out of 5by Firefox user 14761738, pirms 9 mēnešiemUsed this previously for several sites, however, now it doesn't appear to work. Looks like it's supposed to send the details to paste.mozilla.org but looking at the URL given in the message, you get a 404 error; the paste doesn't exist. So for some reason, the addon isn't creating the pastes anymore, and thus the addition of the search fails.
- Rated 1 out of 5by KurticusZen, pirms gadaWhen clicking to add the custom search engine, firefox throws and error that I cannot find.
Aka this doesn't work.
- Rated 1 out of 5by Noxanne, pirms 2 gadiemI tried putting in "https://images.google.com" and all it did was send me to the default Google Image page, effectively making the whole add-on pointless. Then I put in "https://images.google.com/search?q=%s" as the address for the search engine and Firefox would not even react to me pressing Tab.
On top of that, developers should refrain from using programmer jargon when developing add-ons such as these. Extensions for web browsers should never require the user to manually type in things like "addons:extensions#search". There should be a button for when the user wants to check their list of installed search engines.
- Rated 1 out of 5by roodley, pirms 3 gadiemNot working as intended. When I manually enter a search engine and press "Add custom search engine" I get sent to the "Adding a new search engine via the URL bar" page, showing how to add a search engine with the 3 dot menu, but the option in the 3 dot menu never appears for the sites im trying to add. I'd like an option for the manual input to not take me to the 3 dot instruction screen.
Will update rating when this is resolved because this app is really vital for me.
Developer responseposted pirms 3 gadiemIf you open an issue on https://github.com/evilpie/add-custom-search-engine/issues with the Open SearchXML preview (under advanced options) I might be able to help you.
The option in the 3 dot menu might not appear if you already have a search engine with the same name installed!
- Rated 1 out of 5by sergio, pirms 4 gadiemPoorly support. Author will close your issues and ignore errors. It allows you to use invalid (unsupported by firefox) image formats.
- Rated 1 out of 5by Firefox user 14450542, pirms 5 gadiemDoesn't seem to do anything.
There's no options button for it in the addon menu.
There's nothing in the search options.
How are you supposed to use this addon to add a search engine?
And why dafuq you don't tell us how?
Developer responseposted pirms 5 gadiemI hope I made this a bit clearer now. You can also use the options button in about:addons now.
- Rated 1 out of 5by Firefox user 14387649, pirms 5 gadiemCurrently broken: "TypeError: NetworkError when attempting to fetch resource.[Learn More]" when adding a new engine.
Developer responseposted pirms 5 gadiemI assume file.io was temporary unavailable. If this problem continues please contact me via https://github.com/evilpie/add-custom-search-engine/issues/new