- 5점 만점에 2점Firefox 사용자 13925281 님, 일 년 전The add-on is a good add-on, but the license issues, around $30, is too expensive for a simple add-on. The next upgrade of FF may leave the extension dead, and the $30, in the trash.
- 5점 만점에 2점Henk Broekmann 님, 일 년 전Very disappointing, It does less and less now. I used to love this but it seems to only do older videos. I have not been able to use on many platforms now. I think its out of date too quick.27/08/21.
- 5점 만점에 2점GeoffJ 님, 일 년 전So, I am trying to use Video Download Helper, as suggested by a user on the Linux Mint Forum. First attempts, and I get an imbeded video downloaded, looking a bit drunk and wavy. Big problem is, no sound. When attempting the download, it then tells me I need a companion and offers either the Browser one or another. The Firefox Browser one does not download sound. The other one has options on versions of Linux, but not including mine, which is: Linux Mint Tricia 19.3 mate. Which one should I use? GJ
Two weeks later, I can download a perfectly good video, but still with no sound. How do I get a video with sound? The sound is there in the original, but not in the saved version. Is this a Firefox error? Firefox has been updated recently, but still no sound. GJ
- 5점 만점에 2점zecasadeck 님, 일 년 전I used this add-on a lot and as a way of saying thanks, I made a donation to the developer. Now, they want us to pay some more cash to get rid of a watermark. I don't think that's very fair.
- 5점 만점에 2점TT 님, 일 년 전Have used for a very long time and works really well. However now they have a very large watermark in the lefthand corner which basically makes the video unusable.
I think most free users would accept a level of advertising / watermark, as it is fair to advertise and as for money however with how large it is there is no point to this addon now unless you pay. Such a shame.
- 5점 만점에 2점ActionAction 님, 일 년 전Its a memory hog. Why does this feel the need to take up 3-4 gigs of ram when using it? I have to go and kill the process every so often when its being used and kill it again once I'm done
- 5점 만점에 2점Firefox 사용자 16915170 님, 일 년 전The reason why I voted so low is shady practice and low performance. You need to install an app in addition for this to work. The addon pretends to work until you actually want to download something. Then you are forced to download an app. They should be upfront with this and install the app right away. After downloading the video it took ages to process is on modern processor (Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700KF CPU) and only after that you'll get a middle finger in the form on a huge watermark in the video saying Sorry, but you need to pay. If the watermark was reasonably small, maybe, but it's really huge. It's obvious they want it to be as annoying as possible and basically force the user to buy whatever they offer. I would never buy it from people like this. What will be the next surprise? Limited downloads that I can recharge for 9.99 per month? Not eligibile until I buy VIP sub? This whole thing has a desperate scam feel to it. Feels almost like extortion. If you want to sell it guys, be upfront about it and sell it as commercial product from moment one. Or create clearly labelled Lite version where you get what you offer on page one and a full, paid one.
- 5점 만점에 2점Firefox 사용자 13397220 님, 일 년 전Bonjour ! je ne parviens pas à me servir de cette extension, lorsque j'ai l'impression d’enregistrer, je ne retrouve nul part ce que j'ai enregistré. Je ne trouve pas d'aide en Français à propos de ce module.
- 5점 만점에 2점leetNigthshade 님, 일 년 전This extension largely requires you to install a third party companion app to do most of anything. Very fishy. I downloaded an alternative extension which can download things without needing a companion app. This extension is useless without installing it's suggested companion application.