5점 만점에 4.7점
4.7 / 5
According to the developer and my own research, uBlock Origin has no access to YOUR IP address. The extension is asking for permission to access the IP address of the website/server you are trying to connect to. The reason why you may have seen or may now see the "Access IP address and hostname information" notice is because, IRONICALLY, uBlock Origin required more information from the servers being accessed in order to block trackers which had found a technique to bypass the filters/rules that uBlock uses. In order to do so, this was only possible by allowing the extension to access server-side DNS information, which is what triggered the "Access IP address and hostname information" notice.
So, be rest assured that this extension has not sold itself to the devil! We still have a reliable extension being developed by those with our best intentions in mind.
Please see the links below if you would like to look into this further.
- Firefox user 13441211 님, 4시간 전5점 만점에 4점I'm very satisfied with this extension. Default options right after installation are generally fine. If you want better results, It takes some time to learn about all the available options but the more you learn the more you'll benefit from this fast, light and very customizable extension.
- Firefox user 15635731 님, 16시간 전5점 만점에 5점I've been using this extension for a long time after switching from the OG Adblock Plus issues and honestly there is nothing to complain about. It works like it says and if you're worried about the permission asking for your IP, it is to stop a way to sneak around your rules. This new version of uBlock "uncloaks" the request to bg.example.com and discovers that it's actually example.badguys.com. This is why it needs the dns permission, which is what that warning is about.
- Firefox user 15695390 님, 18시간 전5점 만점에 1점Some shady things started around recently, new privacy permissions, blocking discuss thread about this on official Reddit. I move another blocker, just to stay safe.
- Firefox user 15695341 님, 18시간 전5점 만점에 4점Greetings. I am using this addon for some time, however since yesterday it has not been blocking ads. Cannot find a solution on the internet. I would be really happy if you could provide me some advice.
Thanks for reply. I also tried another addon, Privacy Badger and it seems that also does not work. Maybe something is wrong with Firefox.
After reinstalling whole firefox with returning to default options and preferences it repaired.
Thanks for your time.
개발자 답변16시간 전에 게시됨This can happen when the extension storage gets corrupted. First try to reset to default settings (bottom of "Settings" pane in the dashboard), and if this does not work, try removing and reinstalling the extension. You may want to first backup your custom settings in order to be able to restore them afterward.
- rail5 님, 18시간 전5점 만점에 5점Leaving this review for anybody to read in case you, like me, were curious why it was requesting new permissions for IP and hostname info.
The information on those pages shows that this is not malicious, it's a new feature to prevent some sneakier tracking tactics. It's good to be skeptical, so I'd recommend reading those pages, but my contention is that it's fine.