- bigajm 님, 2년 전5점 만점에 4점Works very well and blocks windows which made some websites unusable.
However, with some websites I find this extension stops me clicking links which open new windows. I have to disable the blocker manually when I want to open these links.
Would it be possible to add an option to the right mouse button (context menu) to "Override blocker and open this link"?
- Firefox user 14160838 님, 3년 전5점 만점에 4점Does what it should - blocks a lot of unwanted popups without calling those most annoying messages 'Disable your adblocker or you won't see anything'.
However when I want to open a new browser window (via it is quite annoying this also gets handled as 'unwanted popup'. I have to disable the popup or at least the 'block new window' feature to get my second browser windows. I consider this a bug that should be ironed out.
- Christine 님, 3년 전5점 만점에 4점I would like to be able to copy-and-paste the address into the Black List. I have some pop-ups that are full screen only, and I cannot get to the icon to choose Add to Blacklist. Other than this, I like the blocking ability, especially when watching streaming videos.
- Firefox user 13536436 님, 4년 전5점 만점에 4점I've tried 5 popup blockers since Mozilla forced this update on us and my old one stopped working. This is the only one I've tried that actually works and has so far blocked 100% of popups on video sites absolutely rife with dodgy popups.
However it is unfortunately a little... too effective and will disable your ability to right click to open new tabs or windows unless you whitelist those sites or click allow after trying to open it - neither of which are overly practical for normal browsing habits. So it definitely needs to be improved to be able to tell the difference between deliberate user actions and automated popups. I've ended up setting it to allow all new tabs but block all new windows since most popups are new windows anyway and I rarely right click and open in new window instead of new tab.
It's a bit of a compromise but it works. Frankly I'm amazed that Mozilla would force an update disabling out of date addons and still not include a popup blocker that actually works as a base feature of the browser. The very first popup I saw on a video site after updating Firefox and losing my old blocker was obvious malware disguised as a Firefox update with a page that could not be closed due to dialog popups and it is easy to see how people could be caught out by something like that. This add on makes the internet safe and usable once again...
EDIT: I've just noticed that with 'Block new windows' checked I can't even open a new instance of Firefox from a desktop icon without temporarily disabling the blocker. With it turned off nothing is blocked even when set to 'smart'. I don't know what smart is supposed to do - as mostly it will allow me to open new tabs with middle mouse or right click menu but every now and then it will prevent me doing so forcing me to turn it off. Really needs some improving.
- Firefox user 13267123 님, 4년 전5점 만점에 4점Version 2.0b2 is ok, good things white and blacklist.
Only one little problem: not all popups are blocked when I set "Allow all new tabs" and I put a website in the blacklist. Some popups of blacklisted website open
- Firefox user 11191300 님, 5년 전5점 만점에 4점It not as good as the one I had before I reinstalled my OS and made a backup of wrong FF folder – it's damn slow and lets all popups open, but closes them a second later, so it does its job as intended. For me good enough, if dev will manage to actually block popups then it will be delightful.
I'm not sure though if „block all tabs” settings should prohibit user from opening anything, even if it's clearly at his will (like opening bookmark or new tab at all). I guess all really means all here, heh.