Hi there, just an update to let you know that we are now trialling the new version of Push to Kindle which sends articles directly to the service for processing. So university proxies or paywalls shouldn't be a problem any more. If you're willing to try the new version, you'll find it at https://addons.mozilla.org/en-GB/firefox/addon/push-to-kindle-beta/ Any feedback appreciated.
- 5점 만점에 1점Unknown User 님, 일 년 전Unusable as of May 2022. They're switching off the free plan and moving to a paid-only service.
Hilarious considering the fact that free alternatives exist.
개발자 답글일 년 전에 게시됨We're not switching off the free plan. We're no longer offering an unlimited free plan. We offer 20 free credits a month. Most of our users do not send more than that, so they can continue using it without payment. But we do need to maintain and develop the service, and so for those who are able to, or who use the service a lot, we ask for a small payment ($2/month). More information in our blog post here: https://www.fivefilters.org/2020/push-to-kindle-changes/
As for alternatives, they do exist, and we encourage users to try them out. With services like ours, Kindle delivery is only one aspect of the service. The bigger and more challenging part is article extraction. That's where you're likely to notice the biggest difference in quality. Push to Kindle works better on many sites than competing services, but for other sites it might not do as well. So we do encourage users to experiment and see what works well for the sites that interest them.
- 5점 만점에 5점Hal 님, 2년 전I have tried several different alternatives over the last couple of years and none of them ever performed the way I hoped. Maybe it was me or maybe it was the extension. I have found Push to Kindle simple and very fast to use. Finally, I found a very easy way to send web articles to my Kindle. I did notice there appears to be a limit of 20 articles a month but that will not impact me at all. Kudos to you, fivefilters.org
- 5점 만점에 2점Firefox 사용자 13163662 님, 3년 전good extension
but it has problem in right to left languages like Persian and it changes it into left to right.
개발자 답글3년 전에 게시됨Hi there, we do actually support right-to-left languages, but it might be that the language isn't set correctly on the source site or that our automatic detection doesn't detect it correctly. Here's an example of how Push to Kindle handles Persion on the BBC Persian site: https://pushtokindle.fivefilters.org/send.php?url=http%3A%2F%2Fbbcpersian.net%2Fn%2Fq%3D12293
If you're trying to process an article where the language isn't handled correctly, please leave a note on our forum and we'll be happy to take a look: https://forum.fivefilters.org/c/push-to-kindle/5
- 5점 만점에 1점VC 님, 4년 전I don't appreciate the book advertisements coming with the add-on, which makes it look a lot like a tool to promote a nationalistic and xenophobic political ideology. Their 'about' page points to the opposite political direction so the adverts might be just bad luck for them. In either case, I don't feel comfortable using such an add-on whose primary use does not seem to be browser enhancement.Hi VC, we do not actually run adverts in the sense I think you're thinking of. The books we list are ones we've picked out ourselves and recommend. It's a small number. I'm not aware of any of these books promoting nationalistic and xenophobic ideologies. The titles of the books which appear after sending to the Kindle completes are:
* Why are we the good guys?
* Newspeak in the 21st Century
* Understanding Power
* The Apocalypedia
* Disciplined Minds
* The Sane Society
Which of these do you believe promotes a nationalistic or xenophobic ideology?
- 5점 만점에 1점Firefox 사용자 15228370 님, 4년 전I mostly want to send academic articles to my kindle with this app (several per week). But, contrary to send to kindle (which i use on chrome), this doesn't work behind a university proxy and paywall (I only get the authentification page to my university). Because of this, I keep going back to Chrome for work while I would prefer to use Firefox...Hi there, just an update to let you know that we are now trialling the new version of Push to Kindle which sends articles directly to the service for processing. So university proxies or paywalls shouldn't be a problem any more. If you're willing to try the new version, you'll find it at https://addons.mozilla.org/en-GB/firefox/addon/push-to-kindle-beta/ Any feedback appreciated.