- Rated 1 out of 5Extension does not work, Nice and dark at the top of the page but the second you scroll no joy it goes back to white.
- Rated 3 out of 5gets the job done, and seems to break the least amount of websites out of all its competition, at least for me.
i just wish there were more features, some kind of per site settings would be nice, or at least a blacklist
also, you cant whitelist any single url of a website (i dont know how to word this well. for example, you can whitelist reddit.com, but you cant whitelist reddit.com/r/all), which is a pretty huge let down. still probably the best on the market tho
- Rated 5 out of 5I tried about five to seven dark/night mode add-ons and extensions before this one. They all lacked the intelligent subtleties that must have gone into the development of this add-on. This one has site-specific settings and a white list, and has not caused any visual unpleasantness or stability issues. I have not used it long, but after running a slew of tests viewing various web pages needing a night mode and others I'd like to be exceptions, I have to say that this add-on is head-above-shoulders bettering its competition. Many thanks to its developer. I hope he continues to update this plugin for long time to come.
- Rated 5 out of 5Pretty fucking good. Has a whitelist, and can dim images. The icon is crap tho.
- Rated 3 out of 5Pretty decent works on most of the sites I visit. It does not work for amazon though. Which was one of the reasons I was looking for a dark mode extension.
- Rated 4 out of 5just ok
- Rated 3 out of 5In welcome screen, default pages and a few website it doesn't work. It might flash a bright color as you browse.
- Rated 2 out of 5Works great on both Chrome and Opera (with the Chrome extension tool), but it's broken on Firefox. Google Images doesn't display any images, it changes the colour of pages/text/font into blue for some weird reason. Needs major fixes, will look at other options for the time being.
- Rated 4 out of 5Unlike another similar addon I was using, this one doesn't slow down page load times! On Google search, though, I can't see any of the images with this enabled. Besides that, I haven't found any other issues. I like the simplicity of it and the brightness adjuster. Being able to set custom times (for auto) would be nice since I am a night owl and prefer it to be switched around.
- Rated 3 out of 512019/02/05
It's a nice little add-on and it does help reduce the strain on your eyes when looking at a screen in the dark. I gave this add-on only two stars because I don't really like how it handles text, which is often shown in shades of blue; this creates some problems:
- it makes the text less legible due to the low contrast with the background
- it makes different typefaces and fonts less easily discernible
- it kinda defeats the purpose of a blue light filter
That being said, this add-on has not caused me significant technical problems (e.g. slow loading of pages, crashes, ungodly use of CPU) so thumbs up in that regard!
- Rated 4 out of 5Does the "Auto" mode work with the location API of Firefox ? Because its not going dark when its darktime on my location. I dont see a option to add the location manually.