Firefox ユーザー 16542237 によるレビュー (1年前)
5 段階中 3 の評価
Great idea, but it would be perfect if was more compact. I would like to take more advantage of the screen size. Although the interface is cleaner, space is wasted.
However, great job.
However, great job.
I think the default setup gives you optimal line-lengths but I've learned that some people get a lot of large tables or inline diagrams in their email. So I have recently added options to change the max-width on the list and conversation view.
- Lorenzo によるレビュー (5ヶ月前)5 段階中 4 の評価Great addon but the price is too much.
How about a model like IFTTT? They asked (for a certain period of time) how much customers want to pay giving them the possibility to set a monthly/annual price for life.
In this way you are going to maintain a larger and happier customers base... if instead the main issue is too much time on customers support inquiries, well the price is good.
開発者の返信投稿日時: 5ヶ月前[ Update: I wrote a long post trying to explain some of what it takes to keep Simplify running and why a one-time payment wouldn't keep the lights on: https://on.simpl.fyi/p/complexity-of-simplify ]
That was actually my original plan. But the price range was between $2 and $5 as below $2, with my current user base, I started to worry I would not cover my costs. This is because:
a) There is a fair bit of research showing that the difference between $0 and $0.01 is larger than the difference between $0.01 and $X. This is to say getting people to pay anything is really hard. Several people with experience converting free products into paid told me that anything above 5% conversion was really really good.
b) Realize that there are sizable fees on every transaction -- I do not get the full $2.
While some were happy to pay $5 / month (feeling they got that much value out of it), I got a lot of pushback on the pick your own price plan with people saying it was confusing (which I agreed with). So I decided to bet on a lot of people converting and just made it $2 for everyone.
- guice によるレビュー (6ヶ月前)5 段階中 3 の評価I like the add-on, but I do agree with the other reviewers. The switched happened at 2.x with a forced upgrade for users.
For anybody coming new into this, it may be worth it. I used this extension since the early 1.x days. So, yes, I'm a bit turned off by the subscription model addition. Coming from 1.x, this was a switch on us.[ Update: I wrote a long post trying to explain some of what it takes to keep Simplify running and why a one-time payment wouldn't keep the lights on: https://on.simpl.fyi/p/complexity-of-simplify ]
I appreciate the balance and candor in your review. It is totally understandable that making something that was free not free isn't a positive experience.
I agree it is a switch. I disagree it is a bait-n-switch. You didn't pay for one thing and get another. Just just got it for free for 2+ years.
I'm not sure of another way to have done it. When I first launched v1, I thought maybe it would be easy (aka very little work) to maintain or that others would chip in. It is not easy to maintain and others did not chip in. So either I just stop maintaining it and it slowly dies or I needed to find a way to afford to keep putting in the hours. And given it is mostly the ongoing maintenance you are funding, an ongoing payment (e.g. a subscription) made the most sense to me.
- Firefox ユーザー 16962119 によるレビュー (6ヶ月前)5 段階中 4 の評価Edit: my original rating was too harsh. The add-on is a very nice upgrade to the user experience.
I'm bummed that it costs $24/yr now, but based on the developer's reply to my original review I kinda get that there's not a ton of other options for him to be compensated for his time without degrading the great user experience that he's strived to create.I'm sorry it isn't worth the price to you. I've priced it to cover my costs as I've spent thousands of hours over 2 years getting to this point and continue to spend many hours every week keeping up with Gmail's changes. If more people sign up than I expect, I'd be happy to lower the price.
- Firefox ユーザー 16962526 によるレビュー (6ヶ月前)5 段階中 1 の評価Bait and switch trash. Pretends to help, then wastes my time - all for something I didn't actually need. They should be ashamed.Hi there, can you expand on what the bait and switch was? Certainly the last thing I want to do.
I've been very upfront with the switch from a free extension to a paid one for the last 6 months. So I assume you felt I over promised in some other way?
- BradleyF81 によるレビュー (8ヶ月前)5 段階中 5 の評価I've been using Simplify Gmail for a few months now, mostly in Vivaldi. I didn't realize how much I was enjoying the extension until I decided to give the new version of Firefox a spin. Gmail is really ugly without this extension installed.
If you're like me and you can't get away from Gmail yet, at least make it look halfway decent by using Simplify Gmail. It's worth it.
- mgalgs によるレビュー (10ヶ月前)5 段階中 5 の評価My eyes hadn't stopped bleeding after Inbox went away (RIP) until I got this extension...
And unlike some other commenters here, I think the price is more than fair and it gives me confidence that the extension is sustainable and won't just stop working without warning.
- Firefox ユーザー 14770371 によるレビュー (1年前)5 段階中 5 の評価Fantastic add-on from one of former lead designers of Gmail itself. Does exactly what it says it does and doesn't scoop your data.
One huge request though. Change the padding around the inbox list items from 10px to 15px - OR - even better, give us the ability to insert our own css adjustments into the plugin.