- 5 段階中 1 の評価Silbante によるレビュー (2ヶ月前)Freeware 15 días, luego pagando o queda inservible.
開発者の返信投稿日時: 2ヶ月前Lo siento, no vale la pena el precio para usted. He tratado de ser sincero acerca de que se trata de un complemento de pago. Le puse un precio para cubrir mis costos, ya que pasé miles de horas durante 3 años para llegar a este punto y continúo pasando muchas horas cada semana para mantenerme al día con los cambios de Gmail. Escribí una publicación larga tratando de explicar algo de lo que se necesita para que Simplify siga funcionando y por qué es un complemento pago: https://on.simpl.fyi/p/complexity-of-simplify
- 5 段階中 5 の評価Mr Sansom によるレビュー (4ヶ月前)This is such a rad gmail experience. We have been deploying it in or organization and tell everyone we know to try it.
They continue to refine and add features.
Worth its value
- 5 段階中 4 の評価user 12427667 によるレビュー (4ヶ月前)I'd love to remove the ugly Corporate Memphis. Is the flat-girl-looking-at-the-flat-stars (when you have no mail) from this extension? Because she wasn't there before.
Also hiding dark theme behind the subscription is super slim shady.
Update: I didn't say anything about the built-in semi-dark theme. The extension has its own options for darkening the interface, which require payment.
Update2: It does have zero-inbox view options! +Star indeed.
開発者の返信投稿日時: 4ヶ月前You can choose different effects for inbox zero (from nothing, to Gmail's illustration, to various backgrounds) in Simplify's settings. If your trial has expired and you'd like to extend it to try this, email me at email@example.com.
Gmail's dark theme is NOT hidden behind a subscription. Simplify works for two weeks for free during the trial period and then it requires a paid plan ($2/month) as the extension requires on going work to keep it working (see this post for details: https://on.simpl.fyi/p/complexity-of-simplify).
But I do NOT hide any Gmail features during the trial or after.
UPDATE: Thanks for the added star. And understood about the paid plan. Please note that ALL of Simplify's functionality requires a paid plan after the free trial period is over. This is stated on the extension page and in the extension itself upon installation. So, I'm not sure what is shady here. Your statement that "Also hiding dark theme behind the subscription is super slim shady" makes it sound like I am hiding Gmail's dark theme.
- 5 段階中 4 の評価Lorenzo によるレビュー (1年前)Great addon but the price is too much.
How about a model like IFTTT? They asked (for a certain period of time) how much customers want to pay giving them the possibility to set a monthly/annual price for life.
In this way you are going to maintain a larger and happier customers base... if instead the main issue is too much time on customers support inquiries, well the price is good.[ Update: I wrote a long post trying to explain some of what it takes to keep Simplify running and why a one-time payment wouldn't keep the lights on: https://on.simpl.fyi/p/complexity-of-simplify ]
That was actually my original plan. But the price range was between $2 and $5 as below $2, with my current user base, I started to worry I would not cover my costs. This is because:
a) There is a fair bit of research showing that the difference between $0 and $0.01 is larger than the difference between $0.01 and $X. This is to say getting people to pay anything is really hard. Several people with experience converting free products into paid told me that anything above 5% conversion was really really good.
b) Realize that there are sizable fees on every transaction -- I do not get the full $2.
While some were happy to pay $5 / month (feeling they got that much value out of it), I got a lot of pushback on the pick your own price plan with people saying it was confusing (which I agreed with). So I decided to bet on a lot of people converting and just made it $2 for everyone.
- 5 段階中 3 の評価guice によるレビュー (1年前)I like the add-on, but I do agree with the other reviewers. The switched happened at 2.x with a forced upgrade for users.
For anybody coming new into this, it may be worth it. I used this extension since the early 1.x days. So, yes, I'm a bit turned off by the subscription model addition. Coming from 1.x, this was a switch on us.[ Update: I wrote a long post trying to explain some of what it takes to keep Simplify running and why a one-time payment wouldn't keep the lights on: https://on.simpl.fyi/p/complexity-of-simplify ]
I appreciate the balance and candor in your review. It is totally understandable that making something that was free not free isn't a positive experience.
I agree it is a switch. I disagree it is a bait-n-switch. You didn't pay for one thing and get another. Just just got it for free for 2+ years.
I'm not sure of another way to have done it. When I first launched v1, I thought maybe it would be easy (aka very little work) to maintain or that others would chip in. It is not easy to maintain and others did not chip in. So either I just stop maintaining it and it slowly dies or I needed to find a way to afford to keep putting in the hours. And given it is mostly the ongoing maintenance you are funding, an ongoing payment (e.g. a subscription) made the most sense to me.
- 5 段階中 4 の評価Firefox ユーザー 16962119 によるレビュー (1年前)Edit: my original rating was too harsh. The add-on is a very nice upgrade to the user experience.
I'm bummed that it costs $24/yr now, but based on the developer's reply to my original review I kinda get that there's not a ton of other options for him to be compensated for his time without degrading the great user experience that he's strived to create.I'm sorry it isn't worth the price to you. I've priced it to cover my costs as I've spent thousands of hours over 2 years getting to this point and continue to spend many hours every week keeping up with Gmail's changes. If more people sign up than I expect, I'd be happy to lower the price.
- 5 段階中 1 の評価Firefox ユーザー 16962526 によるレビュー (1年前)Bait and switch trash. Pretends to help, then wastes my time - all for something I didn't actually need. They should be ashamed.Hi there, can you expand on what the bait and switch was? Certainly the last thing I want to do.
I've been very upfront with the switch from a free extension to a paid one for the last 6 months. So I assume you felt I over promised in some other way?
- 5 段階中 5 の評価BradleyF81 によるレビュー (1年前)I've been using Simplify Gmail for a few months now, mostly in Vivaldi. I didn't realize how much I was enjoying the extension until I decided to give the new version of Firefox a spin. Gmail is really ugly without this extension installed.
If you're like me and you can't get away from Gmail yet, at least make it look halfway decent by using Simplify Gmail. It's worth it.
- 5 段階中 5 の評価mgalgs によるレビュー (1年前)My eyes hadn't stopped bleeding after Inbox went away (RIP) until I got this extension...
And unlike some other commenters here, I think the price is more than fair and it gives me confidence that the extension is sustainable and won't just stop working without warning.