- oldFox によるレビュー (4年前)5 段階中 3 の評価The 'old' Print-Edit was for me one of the most useful and accomplished FF add-ons. Given the reviews here I have NOT (so ignore the 3 stars - just entered as a neutral rating because field is required) tried the WE version because it is obvious it has some significant problems but it is also equally obvious these problems stem not from the add-on developer but from FF itself, as the FF developers increasingly lock down FF into a sort of paranoid uber secure - well, what? FF used to be all about the ability to customize it to one's liking but that ability is all but gone. I'm seriously thinking about what other browser to use (WIndows) but the field is limited and unattractive: Chrome (bloatware), IE (thanks but no thanks), etc.
Which leaves FF. So isn't the thing that we should be berating FF for its regressive changes rather than having a go at Print Edit's developer, who is doing his best under trying circumstances not of his own making?
Oh, and by the way, any FF supporters out there who say the current FF is better and/or why would I not want a more secure FF: the answer is I want adequate security, not Fort Knox.
Edit: DW-dev: thanks for your response. Seems I can't add a response under yours so mine will have to go here, as an edit. The three stars remain because, as I said, the FFFs (roll your own on what the third F stands for) require an assessment so I went for average/neutral.
My 'review' was more about WE = less functionality and flexibility and applies particularly to valuable but complex add-ons like yours, hence saying it here.
A bit of background: I was trying to edit your code to see if I could get the Save PDF button to send the edited html stream to wkhtmtopdf, with a view to achieving the Holy Grail of saving an edited page with active embedded links (which wkhtmltopdf can do, at least for unedited pages). I know this has come up before, and your reply if I remember was that saving to PDF was a secondary function and just used an internal FF PDF routine to do the save. I then came up against the FF xpi validation/signing restrictions and decided life was too short, even though there is a way of disabling signing verification by using two short js config files. But doing that probably really does leave the doors open to all sorts of nasties.
I currently use a custom button to send the url of the page (so it's the whole page) to wkhtmltopdf and it outputs a tolerable or better pdf with active embedded links over 90% of the time. But it is always the whole page, so often there is unnecessary bloat. If Print-Edit could do the same thing with the edited html that would be truly awesome!A reasonable assessment without trying Print Edit WE !!
Looking at all of the reviews, the negative points raised were:
1. Two-stage initiation sequence. Option to skip preparation stage in Print Edit WE 20.0
2. Duplicating original tab may lose some information. Necessary for integrity.
3. Page Breaks shortcut key (#) not working. Fixed in Print Edit WE 20.0.
4. Preview button didn't work. Fixed with Firefox 56.
5. Save As PDF didn't work. Fixed with Firefox 56.
6. Fix Page Breaks command missing. Will be added in next version.
7. Cannot edit Mozilla Add-ons web pages. Mozilla restriction.
8. Permissions. The original Print Edit had greater permissions.
Points 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 & 6 have been fixed. Points 7 & 8 are facts of life.
- Ricardo によるレビュー (4年前)5 段階中 3 の評価When editing a page, only the option to save as HTML is available.
When suspending the editing of a page (SUP), the menu disappears, so the print preview can not be accessedThe 'Save As PDF' menu command is only available with Firefox 56 or later versions.
The 'Preview' button on the Print Edit WE toolbar will switch to the Firefox print preview window, if you are using Firefox 56 or later version. Otherwise it will open the Firefox Print dialog.
When you click on the toolbar button to suspend editing, the Print Edit WE toolbar should be removed - that is the whole point of suspending editing!
Print Preview can be accessed by right-clicking on the toolbar button, or by using File > Print Preview on the Firefox main menu bar, or by putting the Firefox Print button on the toolbar.
- Yo Yo! によるレビュー (4年前)5 段階中 3 の評価My first experience with the WE version - trying to save its add-on page as a PDF - was very disappointing, to say the least. And that's why I've given it a very "ordinary" 3 star rating.
But before getting the timely warning that the old version of Print Edit ("PE") won't work with the upcoming Firefox version 57.0, and for more than a year since first discovering it, I've used PE every time I've wanted to save a web page, rather than just its URL - so maybe up to a dozen times a day. PE is far and away the best tool I've found for this purpose.
Just as well I haven't uninstalled the old version yet, so I had already used PE to create a "ready reference" PDF of the Print Edit WE add-on page. This page was the first time I've seen a clear explanation of what "Text Pieces" is for (but that might just be my bad, for not looking in the right place sooner).
Now, I can't wait for Firefox 57.0, which may at last fix the horrendous memory leaks we've been experiencing for at least nine months. But please tell us WHY can't Print Edit WE work to document the following special pages for Firefox:
. >>> about:, moz-extension:, addons.mozilla.org <<< .
(and similar pages for Chrome)?Print Edit WE uses the new Firefox WebExtensions API's, which are the same as the Chrome extension API's.
These API's do not allow extensions to perform certain types of operations on a few pages, which are either browser administration pages or web store pages, specifically:
- dpdapper によるレビュー (4年前)5 段階中 3 の評価Still great functionality, but have to agree with the earlier review that the multi-step process is a pain in the neck. I read the developer's response to the post but it adds unneeded (in my view) complexity to what was a seamless edit/preview/print process in the prior version of the add-on.
- Bambus によるレビュー (4年前)5 段階中 3 の評価das alte AddOn war auch in Deutsch (kommt vlt. noch in der neuen Version)
beim alten AddOn haben sich die Fenster dem Design angepaßt (kommt vlt. noch in der neuen Version)
- BeBBo によるレビュー (4年前)5 段階中 3 の評価Please, can I know why these permissions are requested?
- Access browser tasks while browsing,
- Files download...
Thanks.Access browser tabs - to allow the page Title and URL to be accessed.
Access browser activity during navigation - to allow detection of navigation to a different page, so that the toolbar icon can be faded if it is a special page that cannot be edited.
Download files - to allow the Save As HTML and Save As PDF menu commands to work.