Pentadactyl is a free browser add-on for Firefox, designed to make browsing more efficient and especially more keyboard accessible. Largely inspired by the Vim text editor, the appearance and finger feel of Pentadactyl should be familiar to Vim users. Additional web-specific features, such as our ‘Hint’ mode, command interface, and key bindings to automatically follow back and forward links, make it easy to navigate without touching the mouse and give Pentadactyl a habit forming nature of its own.
Pentadactyl is a fork of the Vimperator project by most of its primary developers. Major differences include a 7-fold startup speed improvement and other speed improvements elsewhere, the command-line is hidden by default, better private mode and :sanitize support, better forward and reverse incremental find support, and the ability to separate multiple Ex commands with a |. For a more complete list, see the release announcement.
Major features include:
- Vim-like keybindings (
- Ex commands for nearly all functionality (
:open www.foo.com, …)
- Powerful tab completion for all commands and options, including,
- ‘Auto-completion’ shows you available results as you type
- Configurable URL and search keyword completion, including ‘awesome bar’ results
- Descriptions of commands and options, along with informational and error messages
- Powerful privacy features, including
- Private mode (‘porn mode’) support, where no data is written to disk and all new private information is wiped on exit
- Fine grained sanitizer to clear data like command-line history, cookies, and page history
- Ability to sanitize specific hosts and for specific time periods (i.e., clear all references to
google.comfor the past 5 minutes)
- Page search with many fixes for long-standing Firefox annoyances, including,
- Starts at the cursor position in the currently selected frame, unlike Firefox, which always starts at the beginning of the first frame for documents with more than one frame.
- Returns the cursor and viewport to their original position on cancel.
- Backtracks to the first successful match after pressing backspace, unlike Firefox, which will always continue from the last match.
- Supports reverse incremental search.
- Keyboard macros, along with custom key mappings and commands
- Plugins and color schemes
- Quick and powerful keyboard navigation for links, input fields, etc.
- Vim-like status line with a Wget-like progress bar
- Minimal GUI, along with commands to hide and toggle toolbars and menus
- Ability to
- Visual bell for errors (
- Ability to mark the current page position and return to it
- QuickMarks for the sites you visit most
- Editing of text fields with an external editor
- AutoCommands to execute actions on certain events
- A comprehensive, online help system, explaining all commands, mappings, options, and plugins
警告: このアドオンの開発版は Mozilla による審査を受けていません。
- バージョン 1.0b7