- Dan Harkless によるレビュー (3ヶ月前)5 段階中 5 の評価Thank you so much, Luben Karavelov, for fixing the latest in a long series of imbecilic UI downgrades by Mozilla!! Due to Firefox's new braindead design where the traditional progress bar is finally done away with entirely, and replaced with just an extremely hard-to-notice swap of the site's favicon to a grey hourglass (and only in the specific tab's UI element, not in a static, easy-to-find place in the URL bar!), I kept thinking pages weren't reacting and that something was frozen up, causing me to constantly "reload" pages or "revisit" links whose loading was actually still in progress (I bet the additional load on Internet web servers due to this design mistake is measurable). I tried to unlearn decades worth of UI feedback expectation, and to train myself to look for the subtle favicon change without fail, but was unsuccessful.
I would have sought out a solution much sooner, but at first I thought the reason I was no longer getting any progress bar was because I had turned on the hidden Firefox preference ui.prefersReducedMotion, to stop the distracting, non-informational, and user-slowing Stop/Reload button transformation animation.
After trying removing that setting, however, the lack of page load progress bar remained, so I figured Firefox was just now strictly (if misguidedly) obeying Windows' setting "Turn off all unnecessary animations (when possible)" in the Ease of Access Center, which I was not willing to deactivate, because I need that due to my brain's hypervigilance (look it up, Mozilla developers, and take note of the key phrase "_unnecessary_ animations" in the Windows setting name).
However, today I got so fed up by Firefox's elimination of progress (ironic...) that I tried turning off that Windows setting too, then restarted Firefox, but found that the progress bar was still missing.
I've just started using Luben's add-on, so I can't yet report whether it works on all pages (it of course won't work on addons.mozilla.org due to more dumb design decisions by Mozilla, albeit in the name of security this time), but it's working wonderfully for me so far. I found the default bar settings to be a little thinner than needed to be noticeable on some pages, and so I was very gratified to see that Load Progress Bar had options to change that, along with color and other useful customizations.
Thanks again, Luben, and other add-on developers, for continuing to clean up after Mozilla's regressive UI design blunders!
UPDATE: After using the add-on a bit more, my one complaint is that while the remote web server is being contacted, there is still no feedback other than the favicon in the respective tab changing to an hourglass, and the Reload button changing to Stop. Not until the web page starts actually loading in, do you get the progress bar overlay on top of the page.
Not gonna reduce my rating to 4 stars for this, as knowing Mozilla, it may be a WebExtensions API limitation. I wonder if it'd be possible to work around this by having an option to display a small (but vibrant) progress bar in an add-on _button_, starting immediately when Firefox starts trying to contact the webserver? If that could be fixed, I'd consider this extension perfect. Thanks again.
- Firefox ユーザー 16024671 によるレビュー (8ヶ月前)5 段階中 5 の評価FIXED. THANKS!
(Version 0.20 messes up links located on the line where the progress bar passes (top, didn't test bottom). When the load is finished, the links there either don't work or the link target area has moved below the actual displayed link(s).)
Just great. I'd even like it better if the progress bar could be located behind the text of the Address Bar. There was an old extension pre-WebExtensions-API doing that, and it looked great.
- Firefox ユーザー 14563997 によるレビュー (8ヶ月前)5 段階中 5 の評価Great, Thanks for this addon, Mozilla should add this addon as functionality for Firefox.
Just one request, can you make a option for "Random color"? or rainbow color?
just a cool idea.
- Noober によるレビュー (2年前)5 段階中 5 の評価Dear developer Luben Karavelov. I have a big screen and the progress bar is very thin!!! My screen is 2560x1440, and with the 200% scale on my screen (Windows 10x64), the line looks very thin/not fat. I have already increased its size in Options, but it only made the progress bar a little thicker. Can you, please, make the maximum progress bar thickness 300% instead of today's 100%, please? This will save my eyes! PS This extension is one of my must-have extensions. It helps me relax while I am waiting until the page finishes downloading. PSS Thank you for adding that thickness feature. Now it works as I asked, and my eyes feel great!
- ModiMagic によるレビュー (2年前)5 段階中 5 の評価Thank you sooo much Sir Karavelov for making this cool extension!
Keep up the good work.
We Love You.
P.S: Kindly add the feature to see the load-progress of tabs that load in background please.