- JD Baldwin によるレビュー (5年前)5 段階中 1 の評価WAY WAY WAY over-complex. I just want simple SIMPLE management of proxy switching. There were so many great little apps to do this but now the only proxy manager the new versions of FF accepts is this godawful thing. It's completely incomprehensible. I can't get a little quick-switch button on the toolbar. I have a master's degree in computer science and I've been working in IT for over 25 years -- AND I CANNOT MAKE THIS THING WORK. Please give us a stripped-down version that just does simple, straightforward proxy-switching without all the crazy baked in.
- lfkempe によるレビュー (5年前)5 段階中 1 の評価Seriously? Permission to download files and change download history? sounds sketchy...
Otherwise I have been using foxyproxy for 5+ years or so and love it, and I understand firefox >= 57 is a big change and it will probably take some time to get thing working as it should again, but i won't use a plugin with those permissions.The previous FoxyProxy, which you've been using for 5 years, had those permissions and even more: in fact, it had unfettered access to your entire computer (just like every other legacy Firefox addon). It had the ability format your hard drive or steal your passwords. That's because Firefox 56 and earlier didn't have restrictions for addons... at all. The new version of FoxyProxy is much more restricted because of this permissions system.
Permission to "download files" is required for exporting your settings to a file (which you can then share to other devices for importing). That is how Firefox chose to allow add-ons to write to the local filesytem: you have to trick Firefox into thinking that writing a file (your exported settings) is really a download. The "download history" permission is required simply because Firefox does not allow add-ons to specify just "download files" without "download history". Internally, nothing is done with download history. This is open source software and you can view the code yourself at https://code.getfoxyproxy.org
- RussC によるレビュー (5年前)5 段階中 1 の評価This is a giant step back from the wonderful functionality I've come to enjoy as a professional. I realise that this is free software but as it stands right now I am looking for the old version and I will be seeking an alternative.
So much functionality has been lost and a terrifying new GUI put in place, as a professional who relies on the ability to switch proxies I can no longer recommend this to anyone other than a user who has very simple needs.
I can understand that you may need to make progress at some point but really this should've stayed at an Alpha/Beta stage until the majority of features worked.
I wonder how much damage has been done to your reputation for switching this addon in such a state and I really worry for the future of FoxyProxy.
- took によるレビュー (5年前)5 段階中 1 の評価This is crazy! All the previous settings are gone, and even worse, the new version does not work at all!! It also has so few options/functions that it is not possible to set up the proxy and patterns as in the old version.
- noisegate95 によるレビュー (5年前)5 段階中 1 の評価With no warning, all my proxies are deleted - with one simple behind the scenes and silent update. Now I have to go find my backup, grab the xml, restore the older version, and restore the file. Just what I feel like doing on a Monday morning, at work.
No way to import as the button does nothing.
Working with Firefox, and all its extensions, if just getting too damn difficult anymore.
- Firefox ユーザー 13272340 によるレビュー (5年前)5 段階中 1 の評価Разрабы одним махом запоганили замечательное предложение которое исправно работало много лет.
Хотя бы предупредили что будут удалены все прокси. Как их сейчас восстановить? Как?
- Firefox ユーザー 13271832 によるレビュー (5年前)5 段階中 1 の評価My main request = force "no proxy" as greyed out in standard Firefox settings (blocked by my company). Does not work any more in 5.0.0 as many features were removed. Sad!
Update after reply from the developer: sadly it doesn't work anymore. With previous versions, I was able to "bypass" the proxy hardcoded in Firefox by my company, and that doesn't work with FoxyProxy v5 as it used to in v4.x. I rolled back to v4.x for now, hoping that this issue will be solved before Firefox v57. Thanks for you reply anyway!Please revert to the old version by:
1. Uninstall the version you have now (type about:addons in the address type and remove FoxyProxy)
2. Install the one version from here: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/foxyproxy-standard/versions/ you want version 4.6.5
3. Your old settings will magically reappear
This is a temporary solution--that older version will only work until November 2017 when Firefox 57 comes out. But long before that time, the new version will have evolved with more features. Note that some features are not possible anymore due to Firefox's new addon ecosystem called WebExtensions. They are much more restricted than older addons (pre Firefox-57)