- 5 段階中 1 の評価Firefox ユーザー 13948547 によるレビュー (3年前)Since two days Clean Links started to request new rights which are not listed here. "Download" and "access to all Tabs" . I read your answer to #79 on github but sorry, I'm not completely convinced.
To get the rights for "Download" is, for instance, the first thing Emotet tries to get.
Having no time to check the code right now, I'll put Clean Links on Quarantine for the next month.
Thanks for your fast answer. But further questions arise:
1. If 'access to all tabs' was needed in the past, why does CleanLinks newly requests this right?
2. https://addons.mozilla.org/de/firefox/addon/clean-links-webext/ only mentions two access rights:
- Auf Ihre Daten für diverse Websites zugreifen
- Zwischenablage ändern
- Access your data for all websites
- Input data to the clipboard
I'd interpret 'Access your data for all websites' differently than 'access to all tabs'. But that may be because I'm not a mother-tongue.
Anyway, if it was there in the past, why would CleanLinks request it again?
開発者の返信投稿日時: 3年前Please read that issue fully, or have a look at the latest version (4.0.2), which DOES NOT REQUIRE « Download » permissions. « access to all Tabs » was always needed, CleanLinks can’t work otherwise.
On your further questions:
- I don’t control which permissions are show by AMO and how they are worded. The full list of permissions required by CleanLinks are in the manifest.json file and explained here: https://github.com/Cimbali/CleanLinks/#why-are-the-requested-permissions-required
- I don’t know why you would trust an add-on that has access to data for all websites (thus could read all your login/passwords!) but not one that has access to the download list. In any case, check the source code before installing/upgrading (and also before rating the add-on…) if you’re unsure!
Just download the add-on, unzip it, and look inside. CleanLinks does not minify/uglify code so you can look at it. Not only can you see what the add-on does, but you can also compare the permissions from the different versions that way, and see that they are the same (if not less) for v4 than for v3.x.
- 5 段階中 1 の評価peterfnet によるレビュー (3年前)Breaks sites like fakespot.com. As soon as I disable it, site works again.
開発者の返信投稿日時: 3年前As explained in its description, the extension blocks all links that contain hidden URLs inside them. You can then whitelist manually which use cases seem reasonable to you from the add-on’s popup menu.
- 5 段階中 1 の評価Firefox ユーザー 14702040 によるレビュー (4年前)Broke images loading in Gmail emails and Hangouts. Took me a long time to finally figure out it was this extension.
開発者の返信投稿日時: 4年前Hi @user14702040, sometimes you can be tracked by images, and when that is automatically detected the add-on blocks them.
Luckily you can easily whitelist per domain by clicking the add-on icon, selecting the offending link, and click "Whitelist Selection."
You can also choose to have the application only clean links that you clean, not other resources loaded, by unticking "Clean outgoing HTTP Requests" in the add-on preferences.
- 5 段階中 1 の評価Firefox ユーザー 12655166 によるレビュー (5年前)Can't login to google/gmail with this addon enabled, no matter wot?
In setting I added also "google.com" to be excepted, but no luck...
開発者の返信投稿日時: 4年前Hi, if you open the recently cleaned links popup (using the addon button), you'll see recently cleaned links and you can whitelist the correct one easily (probably accounts.google.com or something like that).
If that doesn't work, would you care to post a bug report on https://github.com/Cimbali/CleanLinks/issues ? I'd be happy to figure out what goes wrong once I know which version you use, which browser, etc.