- Quinn によるレビュー (7ヶ月前)5 段階中 4 の評価Overall, the best link-cleaning addon by far. The only issue I have had is with Amazon, which can be fixed (with slightly reduced functionality) by unchecking "Match subdomains" in the rule for Amazon.
- crump el によるレビュー (1年前)5 段階中 5 の評価generally great experience.. but BREAKS shopping on amazon: multi item selectors arent actually selecting preventing adding to cart. problems with any item requiring user choices. items without choices can add to cart
- Max によるレビュー (2年前)5 段階中 5 の評価Good work! Please add the following rule to your default list, it will help to watch facebook photos on mobile devices normally:
whitelist: fbid refid
- Firefox ユーザー 13948547 によるレビュー (2年前)5 段階中 1 の評価Since two days Clean Links started to request new rights which are not listed here. "Download" and "access to all Tabs" . I read your answer to #79 on github but sorry, I'm not completely convinced.
To get the rights for "Download" is, for instance, the first thing Emotet tries to get.
Having no time to check the code right now, I'll put Clean Links on Quarantine for the next month.
Thanks for your fast answer. But further questions arise:
1. If 'access to all tabs' was needed in the past, why does CleanLinks newly requests this right?
2. https://addons.mozilla.org/de/firefox/addon/clean-links-webext/ only mentions two access rights:
- Auf Ihre Daten für diverse Websites zugreifen
- Zwischenablage ändern
- Access your data for all websites
- Input data to the clipboard
I'd interpret 'Access your data for all websites' differently than 'access to all tabs'. But that may be because I'm not a mother-tongue.
Anyway, if it was there in the past, why would CleanLinks request it again?
開発者の返信投稿日時: 2年前Please read that issue fully, or have a look at the latest version (4.0.2), which DOES NOT REQUIRE « Download » permissions. « access to all Tabs » was always needed, CleanLinks can’t work otherwise.
On your further questions:
- I don’t control which permissions are show by AMO and how they are worded. The full list of permissions required by CleanLinks are in the manifest.json file and explained here: https://github.com/Cimbali/CleanLinks/#why-are-the-requested-permissions-required
- I don’t know why you would trust an add-on that has access to data for all websites (thus could read all your login/passwords!) but not one that has access to the download list. In any case, check the source code before installing/upgrading (and also before rating the add-on…) if you’re unsure!
Just download the add-on, unzip it, and look inside. CleanLinks does not minify/uglify code so you can look at it. Not only can you see what the add-on does, but you can also compare the permissions from the different versions that way, and see that they are the same (if not less) for v4 than for v3.x.
- peterfnet によるレビュー (2年前)5 段階中 1 の評価Breaks sites like fakespot.com. As soon as I disable it, site works again.
開発者の返信投稿日時: 2年前As explained in its description, the extension blocks all links that contain hidden URLs inside them. You can then whitelist manually which use cases seem reasonable to you from the add-on’s popup menu.
- Firefox ユーザー 14773836 によるレビュー (3年前)5 段階中 2 の評価it makes control click open link in current tab instead of a new tabHi @user 14773836, and thanks for your feedback. Currently control click works fine for me. If you could come over to https://github.com/Cimbali/CleanLinks/issues/ to report your setup (OS, Firefox version, etc.) and an example of a link on which this happens, then I could have a look at fixing it for you too!
- Firefox ユーザー 14702040 によるレビュー (3年前)5 段階中 1 の評価Broke images loading in Gmail emails and Hangouts. Took me a long time to finally figure out it was this extension.Hi @user14702040, sometimes you can be tracked by images, and when that is automatically detected the add-on blocks them.
Luckily you can easily whitelist per domain by clicking the add-on icon, selecting the offending link, and click "Whitelist Selection."
You can also choose to have the application only clean links that you clean, not other resources loaded, by unticking "Clean outgoing HTTP Requests" in the add-on preferences.
- jupiter2 によるレビュー (3年前)5 段階中 3 の評価Update: Thanks for the response. Really like the fact that the project is active. Will remove an alternate cleaner I started to use (it just does google cleanups) and will reinstall this. Will fully test for a couple of days and provide better feedback, if any (on github).
Cleaned links on google w/o issue.
Massive failure on RSS reader (The Old Reader): "414 Request-URI Too Large". When I copied the resulting url, it was the original URL repeating itself, ad-infinitum. It happened when accessing theregister.co.uk/2019/01/26/apples_swift_patents/ but worked fine on other links.
This review based on extension version 3.2.1 (Oct 18, 2018).Hi and thanks for using Clean Links! When encountering a bug, you can report it on https://github.com/Cimbali/CleanLinks/issues with the original link that loads incorrectly, so that I can find out what went wrong and fix it.
The bug causing "Request URI Too Large" has been fixed in version 3.2.4
- Firefox ユーザー 13418471 によるレビュー (3年前)5 段階中 5 の評価This is a great handy add-on! Could you have an option to let user convert obfuscated link in Location bar only?Hi, I'm not sure what you mean. We un-obfuscate links when they are clicked and when they are loaded, but none of those are really aware of the location bar. If you open an issue on https://github.com/Cimbali/CleanLinks/issues we can discuss it and I'll look into it.
- Firefox ユーザー 14329856 によるレビュー (3年前)5 段階中 3 の評価I needed to add 'mail.google.com' into 'Skip Domais' in order to connect with the Gmail.
I wasted time.Hi and thanks for using Clean Links! As it stands there is a bit of a learning curve with Clean Links where everyone builds up their whitelist. I'm looking to get a centralized set of rules while still allowing customization, which isn't easy -- but I'm working on it.
- Vinícius によるレビュー (3年前)5 段階中 5 の評価It's a good idea, but it has too much to evolve yet. It blocks too much in too many pages, I would have almost my entire history in the whitelist and therefore the addon would become useless.Hi! If you only care about clicked-llink tracking and not other kind of fishy redirects, you can untick "redirect watcher" and "outgoing HTTP requests" in the addon's preferences.
Then we only clean the redirect links that you click on, and we're pretty accurate on those! Only a few whitelist items are ever needed, and most of them are shipped by default.
Otherwise please report any shortcomings or suggestions at https://github.com/Cimbali/CleanLinks/issues
- Firefox ユーザー 14139021 によるレビュー (3年前)5 段階中 4 の評価Since the last update there is a serious mistake: All download links on pages with fire fox downloads including the fire fox homepage are edited incorrectly. no downloads are possible anymore.
- onix によるレビュー (3年前)5 段階中 5 の評価I love this add-on, and I'm glad it's back. It's another further necessary step to prevent tracking, and a must.
However, as of today, I had to disable it. It blocks some of my google / bing searches. Most keywords go through, but for example, if I try to search for 'refine' or 'refinery', the google search comes up blank, as if it searched for nothing at all. Somehow the text is being blocked for the search and so the behavior is the same, whether google, bing, duck-duck, etc. I use UBlock Origin, Skip Redirect, which I thought could be conflicting. They are not. As I went one-by-one to turn them on and off, and I've had no problems with them and have been using them for a long time. I only installed CleanLinks two days, and just now noticed this issue.
I'm using FF 61.0.1 64-bit, Windows 10 Pro.