Bug fixes in 2.8.4:
- Fixed an issue that prevented Ghostery from operating normally in the latest Nighlies (v20+) releases of Firefox
Bug fixes in 2.8.3:
- Fixed an issue in which Ghostery removed too many elements in sub-frames
- Fixed an issue where Ghostery CSS would overwrite OS specific Firefox styles (Ubuntu)
New features and bug fixes in 2.8.2
- New panel UI for Ghostery
- Fixed issue with reappearing toolbar Ghostery icon
- Click-to-play optimization: inline replacement of common scripts like Twitter Button, Facebook Like, etc
- Click-to-play, purple box and UI box all show the correct tracker that was acted on
- Click-to-play now toggles cookies as well as trackers when allowing through click-to-play UI
- Removed DOM mutation scanning
Bug fixes in 188.8.131.52
- Fixed an issue where Ghostery would remove extra buttons and other stuff from iframes
- Addressed an intermittent "Unresponsive Scripts" that were triggered when Firefox would wake up from prolonged non-use.
New features and changes in v2.8
- Content policy and dom scanner now comprise a single "true" reporting engine. What that means in practice is that Ghostery will attempt to produce best possible list results by combining what content policy "saw" pass through it and what dom scanner "sees" on any given page. This will also prevent failure of either part (content policy or dom scanner) from completely shutting down Ghostery.
- Tracker priority is now in place, meaning that some of the tracker entries will now have elevated or lowered priority, with vast majority remaining "regular". The priority matters in cases where have generic matching for example: DART or OpenX and the places where a tracker is sub-tracker, for example, any privacy entry.
- Click-to-play overlays have been introduced for Brightcove, Disqus, Intense Debate, and several social buttons
- wizard has been modified slightly: now with arrows
- options/wizard have indeterminate boxes for categories that are partly selected
- Ghosty on the nav bar now behaves like Chrome release: if for any reason, the page is "unblocked" it will be gray instead of blue
- Miscellaneous bug fixes