- di JamesRC, 3 mesi faValutata 1 su 5I was genuinely excited for the item of secure, open source bookmark syncing between browsers.
But a combination of the recently reported issue #328 (Not syncing completely) and bug #265 (Local data refreshed, redo previous unsynced changes) which remains unfixed 9 months after it was reported renders this product completely unusable.
I suspect if it works for you then it's tremendously useful, but my own search for reliable bookmark syncing continues.
- di Samtheprogrammer, 5 mesi faValutata 1 su 5This addon completely broke all my bookmarks. I shifted half of my bookmarks to another folder. It said client out of sync or some nonsense and completely messed up the places of all my bookmarks. Would give 0 stars if I could. Reported to firefox.
- di Utente Firefox 13395513, un anno faValutata 1 su 5It looked great, but there is little or no support on mobile (only app, no native support via mobile browser plugins). I had a continuous battle with my bookmarks, they were each time jumping back in time (lucky i made a backup).
This plugin is promising, but needs a lot more work. For now i'm signing off and go back to EverHelper
- di AliceYan0606, un anno faValutata 1 su 5Since yesterday I can't sync my bookmarks anymore. I receive the message to check my sync ID, password and service URL. I'm pretty sure I wrote everything correctly.
To the developer: log file sent. Thank you.
- di Vlad, un anno faValutata 1 su 5Опасное расширение. Синхронизации закладок нет, а есть лишь сохранение резервной копии, что можно сделать и через функции браузера. При работе расширение подвешивает браузер, а потом и всю операционную систему и лезет уже не только в браузер, но и локальную память устройства, изменяя по своему усмотрению файлы. Так себя ведут обычно вирусы.Wow, one wonders why someone might leave a review in RUSSIAN spreading such outrageous disinformation... So you do realise that web extensions have no access to the operating system and operate strictly within the browser process! It is not possible for an extension to do what you claim, and if anyone wants to verify this well feel free to go through the code - it's open source!
Did make me chuckle though!
- di Shihabus Sakib Rad, un anno faValutata 5 su 5What does it mean that data will be deleted after several weeks of inactivity?
several weeks mean 2 or 3 weeks? please specify in dayIt depends on the service you use to sync to, the default service (api.xbrowsersync.org) has an inactivity period of 21 days. You only need to be concerned if Firefox is not opened or the xBrowserSync extension is disabled for periods of time approaching 21 days, otherwise you don't need to be concerned about your sync data being removed.
- di Utente Firefox 15821277, 2 anni faValutata 4 su 5The updated version of this add-on works great. There are still some issues but it is very usable at this point.
Replica dello sviluppatorepubblicato il 2 anni faWhich version? v1.5.2 has resolved all sync issues. If you have a real issue then why don't you raise it on GitHub (https://github.com/xbrowsersync/app/issues), the extension makes it clear how users can easily do this!
I realise it's annoying when you are affected by bugs but this is a free open-source extension that I build and support out of my spare time, yet Firefox users seem to prefer to come on here and leave a negative review rather than seek free help and support the project!!! Over 6000 Chrome users don't appear to follow this behaviour judging from the reviews on the Chrome web store...