- Valutata 2 su 5di Petersson, 3 anni faEdit 2023: I hardly use it anymore. Whenever I would want to use it to download a YT video it striaght-up does not work. Modern internet sucks.
Kind of works, unless you have to deal with ADP or Full HD Videos. Will take forever to convert/merge/whatever the video after initial download. Unfortunately, not that useful anymore if you want Full HD videos.
- Valutata 2 su 5di Utente Firefox 16550809, 3 anni faУжасно. Совершенно неинтуитивный интерфейс. Поганит качество 4K видео при сохранении, запуская ненужную конвертацию, вставляя при этом QR-код в видео. Аналогично, при операции сведения локальных файлов аудио и видео. Ставит почти 100МБайтный модуль для работы - нахрена столько много? Впрочем, иногда видео в FullHD сохраняет нормально, только поэтому 2 балла.
- Valutata 2 su 5di meg, 3 anni faSo many download choices and some of them seem to be the same - I don't know which to pick, and most of the time what I do pick comes with video only - no sound. I could try again, and sometimes I do, but that doesn't mean I'm going to get a watchable video with the next try, and in the meantime I'm wasting data (and my connection has a data limit). On the rare occasions I've gotten something watchable it has a QR code in the corner, which is annoying. In trying to simplify things I've looked for a way to limit the formats I can use but the settings, of which there are a lot, make no sense to me. Basically - this is not very user-friendly and it works only rarely. The only reason I haven't removed it is because I can't find another option that works; if I do this one is going away.
- Valutata 2 su 5di Truthowl, 3 anni faIt 'Requires' us to install a 3rd party app to actually save videos and who knows if it does so even then? If a company resorts to under handed methods to get business then it isn't worth mine.
- Valutata 2 su 5di Ron1, 3 anni faWhen want to convert mp3, it wants you to download Companion Helper separately. Note it's AFTER you d/l CH and try to use it that it asks for money. Very sneaky, should be upfront and mention it before installing.
- Valutata 2 su 5di Utente Firefox 16398720, 3 anni faIch habe das Addon lange genutzt, bis es immer mehr zu Problemen kam. Ich weiß nicht mehr, welche, weil ich schon seit langem auf eine Freeware umgestiegenbin.
Die Software macht ihen Job mindestens genaus so gut wie dieses Addon. Ich sehe keinen Grund, wieder zu diesem Addon zurück zu kehren.
- Valutata 2 su 5di Inhahe, 3 anni faIt seems to give different options for the video quality each time you try to download the same thing.
When you just click on a download option it doesn't ask you where you want to save or tell you where it's saving it, you have to click on the right-arrow to the right to do that.
It doesn't show you the current download status or tell you when it's done.
The default filename for YouTube videos is apparently just "YouTube.webm" or whatever extension, so if you want to give it a decent name you have to type it out or copy it from the YouTube listing.
It has a ton of options for formats to convert the video to, including at least one audio format, but somehow it doesn't have any good, modern audio formats like m4a, ogg, opus or wma.
It requires you to download and install an external application for it to work, so you don't get the safety of just running an approved and contained FireFox addon, who knows what malware, spyware or adware is in it.
Just about the only good thing about this addon that it's actually able to download videos.
Actually, I take that back.. it only downloads successfully some of the time. Usually on YouTube I get an error similar to this:
Failed aggregating "Paul Anka - Let It Snow - YouTube"
D:\mp3\d:\mp3\christmas\youtube\Paul Anka - Let It Snow - YouTube-IDGEaS6vs8Y.mkv: Invalid argument
I haven't figured out a way around that. I'm lowering my rating from 3 to 2.
- Valutata 2 su 5di kev, 3 anni faTotally unclear when a file will "convert" and have a watermark on it, even if I choose "download" instead of "download and convert". I never want to download something if a watermark is gonna show up, and I'm never gonna pay for something that an open source project does better. Just don't let me convert something if I didn't pay for that feature!!! Companion application was annoying to install as well. If youtube-dl came out with a GUI version for MacOS I'd never use this extension again. On my windows partition it isn't installed.