- Valutata 2 su 5di EsZett, 2 anni faLangsam, ein zusätzliches Programm ist notwendig und dann noch ein hässlicher QR-Code im Video. Früher mal top, jetzt flop :(
P.S. die zusätzliche Software lässt sich nicht rückstandslos deinstallieren
- Valutata 2 su 5di Stylu, 2 anni faI use to love it - still do but apparently I noticde that it is slowing down everything in my browser. Every player from Reddit, Facebook and other websites except youtube gets slowed down and it takes forever to get to HD quality. So I have to disable it until I need to download something again.
- Valutata 2 su 5di Zabadoh, 2 anni faAnnoying.
First of all installation: It requires a "helper program" to be downloaded and installed to your PC separately.
Then the plugin downloads the video, but spends your CPU cycles to add an annoying QR code for the developer to the downloaded video, adding BOTH delay AND annoyance to the download process.
If I wanted a QR code added to the video that I want to save, then I would ask for it.
Useless and annoying. Don't bother installing this
- Valutata 2 su 5di Matthieu, 2 anni fathe QR code hard coded on every recorded video is too big and too annoying. Asking 20 bucks for such a small software which uses open source libraries to convert video is way above legitimate.
- Valutata 2 su 5di YEC, 2 anni faDiese add-on ist für mich sehr hilfreich (5 Sterne). Dafür zahle ich auch für die (sehr teuere) Konvertierung, jede Arbeit muss entlohnt werden. Warum aber für Firefox UND Chrome zweimal gezahlt werden muss sehe ich nicht ein (2 Sterne Abzug). Egal was ich gerade für einen Browser benutze, habe ich für eine anständige Konvertierung bezahlt. Ausserdem arbeitet die Konvertierung sehr, sehr langsam! Wenn möglich, benutze ich für Downloads den ultraschnellen Browser 1DM+. Konvertierung ist dort sehr flott und kostenlos integriert. Da lohnt sich die sehr günstige Bezahlversion des Browsers!
- Valutata 2 su 5di Utente Firefox 17407360, 2 anni faFor many months I used this extension to download videos smoothly and efficiently from any website. But now this tool is not working properly for unknown reason. My browser is Firefox on Windows 11 and the same laptop, which is MS Surface Book 2. Any explanation or solution would be much appreciated.
- Valutata 2 su 5di David Davidson, 2 anni faUsed to get the job done satisfying, but not anymore. The video lags when I click around now and the quality is subpar. Much worse than before, and I assume it's intentional. What a shame
- Valutata 2 su 5di Utente Firefox 16035516, 2 anni faWorked great in the past, save some strangeness a few versions back with live streams. Now Ubuntu has dropped support for the deb package for Firefox, and the Companion App refuses to work with either Snap or Flatpak installations.
- Valutata 2 su 5di KirkH420, 2 anni faIt probably does what it claims it can do and it's nice that it's reviewed by Mozilla. However, it can't provide the basic service that it claims that it's designed for, unless the user installs additional software and in my opinion, it's kinda shady that they didn't mention this on their add-on info page. So I removed it without trying further actions.
Should definitely be up front regarding additional required dependencies. Especially when most of the other similar add-ons do mention it. It's almost like, they're hoping to catch a few extra downloads from people who're looking to avoid the additional "helper" executable.
- Valutata 2 su 5di Jim, 2 anni faUsed to work fine. Now it needs fixed! Keeps demanding some stinking companion app.
If the thing doesn't work, fix it. Should not have to have a special "app" installed for it to work.
Looking for something better.
- Valutata 2 su 5di wytrzeszcz, 2 anni fa+ It does what it supposue to do rather well, handy if youtube-dl can't go deep enough
- Boi does it mine or something, when not use it ate my whole ram and cpu power.
- Valutata 2 su 5di Heavy Cruiser, 2 anni faI've used this app for years and have been very satisfied with it. However, it appears youtube, vimeo and many other sites have figured out how to "break" it. Now, if it downloads at all, it gets hung on "aggregating" for an hour or more. Sadly, this add on is no longer very functional, it's hit or miss if it's going to work,so I cannot recommend it.
- Valutata 2 su 5di Astroman, 2 anni faI used to use this plug in on a previous Mac OS and was very happy with it (that's why I have avoided a one star rating). However, while downloading it to run with Firefox on Mac OSX Big Sur, I have hit a brick wall. A companion app is requested but the OS states that it is out of date and cannot be checked for malware. Attempts to circumvent this security barrier have failed, the companion app won't run and thus Video Download Helper is dead in the water.
- Valutata 2 su 5di elvisef, 2 anni faAll worked fine till now. Unfortunately, there is something wrong with the so called "firm app" or "company app" (translated from polish, as it is written). The app did not alert me about bad files while downloading, about any errors. Just downloaded files and... files were not complete. About 70% of files were downloaded with error of just being not complete. So my recommendation is to NOT use the firm app. And to use the browser standard download option.