- di Utente Firefox 13754356, 3 anni faValutata 2 su 5This seems to work best on websites that aren't super popular, but those for those it works really well. Sometimes you get weird duplicate listings that are only a few KB apiece, but I think that may have more to do with how the sites loads than with any shortcoming in the plugin.
Unfortunately, about half the time when you click "Download" next to a video, nothing happens. You don't get a prompt for a location to save, nor any indication that the plugin is actually doing anything. When it works it's great, but lately that's been the case roughly half the time.
- di Utente Firefox 13654837, 3 anni faValutata 2 su 5Works for the video of the site I'm interested in
Doesn't work for youtube
But more important Malwarbytes detects a potential unwanted Program (PUB) called PUB.Optional.StartPage24 !!!!!
What does it for?
- di Utente Firefox 13621530, 3 anni faValutata 2 su 5This is an overall "mediocre" video downloading program.
The biggest issues that I have with this add-on were deal-breakers for me.
1. Unable to download: far too often I would attempt to download a video, only for the downloader to tell me "This video cannot be downloaded". The kicker, is that I tried it out and had it happen numerous times on videos that were royalty free and videos that I'd had no problem downloading with other video downloaders in the past. Unacceptable, absolutely unacceptable to have a video downloader that won't download the videos I want. Frankly, ONE instance of this happening is too many.
2. Duplicate downloads: I've come across several instances where I would try to download multiple videos (not at the same time, one after another mind you) and after the initial video is downloaded without any problems, I go to download the next video and the next, etc. The UI indicates everything is working as it should and I'm downloading the videos, except that it isn't. I go to check the file directory where I downloaded the videos to, and they have the names assigned to them, everything seems to be in order, up until I click on and play the videos. The downloads are all duplicates of the first video!
3. Not recognizing that there's a video to download: This one is hilarious, especially given what the add-on authors advertise this add-on as being. Sure enough, time and time again the add-on will fail to activate because it can't tell that there's a video available to download.
ridiculous, absolutely ridiculous.
Two stars, because when it actually works, its great; too often it doesn't work as advertised.
- di Utente Firefox 13588344, 3 anni faValutata 2 su 5Worked great for a while, then stopped. Popped up some kidn of message telling me to review, I assume in order to make it work again? But I didn't read the message fully and it's only turned up the once so I have no idea. Not keen on being forced to create an account and review in order to get it working again, and if reviewing doesn't work then I'll probably just go find another extension to do the same thing... shame, I liked this one until now.
- di Utente Firefox 13486621, 3 anni faValutata 2 su 5It's ok, I guess. My regular video downloader is not yet able to make it to the new Firefox, and this seemed like it would work in the meantime. It has a few things I would like to change, but only to be like my old one. It does the job well enough for now.
- di Utente Firefox 13449909, 3 anni faValutata 2 su 5I installed this extension and my anti-malware software (Malwarebytes) flagged it as a potentially unwanted program (PUP). Since false positives are (for me) a very rare occurence with Malwarebytes, I'd rather not take any chance and just got rid of the extension.
By the way, Video DownloadHelper finally issued a version compatible with Firefox Quantum...