- di Haven667, 7 mesi faValutata 5 su 5For me the best extension of its kind. It has all the features I need, but without any bloat. Simple and clear options dialog. An option to "bypass the cache on restore", like the old "Auto Unload Tab" extension (pre-Quantum), would be really nice. At the moment I use the extension "Update Discarded Tab On Select" for this.
- di Utente Firefox 11233054, un anno faValutata 5 su 5He estado haciendo pruebas y ahora mismo funciona mejor que UnloadTabs, además tiene más opciones y un botón para no tener que dar clic derecho sobre las pestañas cada vez que quieras descargarlas.
- di White_Oz, 3 anni faValutata 5 su 5Thank you Afnan Khan, and good people at Mozilla.
I have not tested this extension yet because I still mainly use a version older than FF57("the Great Regression"), but give it 5 for encouragement. Every user of FF that uses more than 10 tabs in a session, needs an "auto unload tabs" functionality, like we need air.
After I have searched(2018) and read about/viewed screen shots (videos), of extensions that are able to unload(auto) tabs, I find this one to be the closest with the extension:"Auto Unload Tab by def00111" which does not work on FF after v56, but does a superb job on FF before 57, of unloading(auto too) tabs from multiple groups without using much CPU.
Hopefully Afnan Khan did not quit maintaining(or improving) this much needed add-on.
About the loosing of favicons of tabs it seems to be a bug of Firefox ("Most notably, tabs may loose their icons or display as loading. Fixing that is Mozillas job")...see more here: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1450382
- di Rascasse, 3 anni faValutata 5 su 5Update reacts and unloads tabs much faster than previous version. "Must-have" extension for my ageing Mac, inclusion of menu item to unload tabs in other windows is welcome addition.
- di Utente Firefox 14164887, 3 anni faValutata 5 su 5Looks like the CPU usage is within reason now. So, this is the best tab unloader with automatic background unloading I've found.
- di andrew, 3 anni faValutata 5 su 5FF 59.0b12 (x64)
- Please, add support for the Tree Style Tab API (for the RMB-context menu on fake tabs).
- Please share your addon on github - to be able to write issues and pool requests.
- some tabs are not restored - its happen on tabs that you open in the background but don't get to before the tab unloads.
I see the same bug on auto-tab-discard addon, so its may be a FF bug
- di Lej77, 4 anni faValutata 5 su 5Great addon! Unloads tabs to the same state as when Firefox is closed and reopened when it is configured to restore last session. Really appreciate that it has context menus on both the tab bar and on web sites and that both can be toggled on and off. Makes it usable when I hide the tab bar and use sidebars that work as replacements. Didn't really work correctly on Firefox 58 but it seems to work on Firefox Nightly 59 and I haven't noticed any issues with it yet!
- di nttee1, 4 anni faValutata 5 su 5Work like a charm! Finaly there is one that work with ff 58. You save my day man. By the way could you can make a keyboard shortcut or a button to unload tab. Expect on next release. Thanks and regards.