- di Haven667, 5 mesi faValutata 5 su 5For me the best extension of its kind. It has all the features I need, but without any bloat. Simple and clear options dialog. An option to "bypass the cache on restore", like the old "Auto Unload Tab" extension (pre-Quantum), would be really nice. At the moment I use the extension "Update Discarded Tab On Select" for this.
- di PERCE-NEIGE, 5 mesi faValutata 1 su 5There are options to "unload this tab" "unload other tabs" etc, but no reload, so I have no idea how to get back the tabs. The UI is not handy at all. I will use another addon of the same kind with a better UI,, like a tabs list for instance, or even a categorization or tagging of several tabs lists.
- di Matt GD, un anno faValutata 3 su 5Some of my Bookmarks now have the discarded favicon permanently. I tried to remove, and re-add the Bookmarks, but it continues to display the faded favicons with the dot. That's annoying and needs to be fixed
- di Utente Firefox 11233054, un anno faValutata 5 su 5He estado haciendo pruebas y ahora mismo funciona mejor que UnloadTabs, además tiene más opciones y un botón para no tener que dar clic derecho sobre las pestañas cada vez que quieras descargarlas.
- di R.I.P. IE, 2 anni faValutata 3 su 5The Good:
- seems to be doing its job
(though FF always still manages to use many 100's of MB and multiple instances of FF
for - I think - installed add-ons, Gmail and YT etc...but prob. Mozilla's fault)
- good extra features,
like only whitelist a particular tab or its whole domain name
- Youtube tabs that are reloaded,
are loading the mobile ("m.youtube[...]") version.
- nothing important really.
Maybe the icon. On/off button prob. not the best choice.
- di Marsu42, 2 anni faValutata 4 su 5This was the lifesaver for my laptop with only 2GB ram. I switched to "Auto Tab Discard" because it has an "... only if number of inactive tabs exceeds [ ]" option. Tab Unlader has the better ui and the better icon though, so I hope competion will bring further improvements. More memory-awareness would be nice, i.e. discard tabs if FF memory consumption exceeds [ ].
- di White_Oz, 2 anni faValutata 5 su 5Thank you Afnan Khan, and good people at Mozilla.
I have not tested this extension yet because I still mainly use a version older than FF57("the Great Regression"), but give it 5 for encouragement. Every user of FF that uses more than 10 tabs in a session, needs an "auto unload tabs" functionality, like we need air.
After I have searched(2018) and read about/viewed screen shots (videos), of extensions that are able to unload(auto) tabs, I find this one to be the closest with the extension:"Auto Unload Tab by def00111" which does not work on FF after v56, but does a superb job on FF before 57, of unloading(auto too) tabs from multiple groups without using much CPU.
Hopefully Afnan Khan did not quit maintaining(or improving) this much needed add-on.
About the loosing of favicons of tabs it seems to be a bug of Firefox ("Most notably, tabs may loose their icons or display as loading. Fixing that is Mozillas job")...see more here: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1450382
- di Utente Firefox 10442664, 3 anni faValutata 3 su 5Does what it says on the tin. Seems to be the only unloading extension out there that does it on a timer.
Would like an option to disable the recently-added favicon replacing though - the pink blotches are unsightly and, for those who already have styling set up around unloaded tabs, unnecessary. The extension also fails to retrieve favicons of unloaded tabs after a browser restart / session restore, so you end up with a bunch of "default" icons with pink circles on them.
Would also be nice if it integrated with Tree Style Tab, so its menu options show up on the side tabs as well.
- di Rascasse, 3 anni faValutata 5 su 5Update reacts and unloads tabs much faster than previous version. "Must-have" extension for my ageing Mac, inclusion of menu item to unload tabs in other windows is welcome addition.
- di Utente Firefox 14164887, 3 anni faValutata 5 su 5Looks like the CPU usage is within reason now. So, this is the best tab unloader with automatic background unloading I've found.
- di Utente Firefox 13886500, 3 anni faValutata 5 su 5This is my favorite memory saving add-ons by far.
Some suggestions to make it even better:
- Option to unload other tabs at start-up
- Perform a "Minimize memory usage" (from about:memory) when unloading tabs
- Option to not unload tabs that contain unsaved form inputs
- Option to not unloads tabs that are playing audio
- Default action on Left click on button (e.g. Unload other tabs) and display Menu on Right click on button
- Fix: Favicons of unloaded tabs are lost in restarted Firefox
Thanks a lot for your work!
- di kaz4ikeda, 3 anni faValutata 4 su 5Useful addon to reduce memory usage. Also I can avoid some web sites keeping watching my access.
One inconvenience: Favicons of unloaded tabs are lost in restarted Firefox.