- di Mark, 7 mesi faValutata 5 su 5This RSS reader add-on is really simple - a pleasure to work with. So intuitive and low bandwidth. I had Just one question regarding privacy and the developers comprehensive response (below) has bumped me up from four to a full five stars.
My concerns were: I notice several privacy permissions are required for it that pique my concern: 'Access your data for all websites', 'Download files and read and modify the browser’s download history', and 'Access browsing history'. Why is this?
Replica dello sviluppatorepubblicato il 7 mesi faHi Mark,
Thanks for the ratings.
As for your concerns:
'Access your data for all websites' – This permission is required for feed discovery in web pages from the sidebar and from the address bar. It allows me to traverse the page source and look for RSS links.
'Download files and read and modify the browser’s download history' – This permission is required by the OPML import/export module for exporting the feeds to a local file. Downloading is the way Firefox allows for file saving. As for the '… read and modify the browser’s download history' portion of the permission, it is not used by the extension. Mozilla bundles all those elements in the single "downloads" permission.
'Access browsing history' – This permission is required for the managing of the 'read' and 'unread' states of the feeds. The browser's history stores this information.
I hope this satisfies your concerns.
- di FurQ, un anno faValutata 5 su 5Great to have this back on the newer Firefox versions, really could do with some more options for things like time to display the hover tooltip on RSS feed items its way to slow (want to be able to move the mouse over all of them and have the description tooltip show almost instantly like 100ms ~ ) and also an option to customize the tooltip colors...#
Would be great if you can add support for Vivaldi browser built in sidebar
- di Utente Firefox 13312508, 2 anni faValutata 5 su 5Nice! Version 1.8 has quite improved but still I prefer Drop Feeds as Sage++ alternative - https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/drop-feeds/ :
- super fast asynchronous feed checking;
--> script manager and security filtering:
html/css blocking - e.g. when rendering feeds no flash/media content downloaded/autoplay (unintercepted by uBlock Origin). Drop Feeds can be configured to filter out these annoying rich content;
- feed items list toolbar;
- hide read articles/feed items.