Valutata 1 su 5di Utente Firefox 12482743, un anno fa
It was great at first but then whatever trial period there was on the premium voices ran out and after spending way, way too long trying to figure out how to purchase access to those voices I gave up and used Zira. Then today after using it for a couple of weeks it went buggy. The stop button and the forward and back buttons stopped working and the reading speed seemed to be off. Even closing the tab wouldn't stop it from reading. Finally had to turn it off in Firefox settings and just went ahead and uninstalled it. While looking for a way to get the better voices I found out FF already has a built in TTS.
- Valutata 5 su 5di Utente Firefox 13869774, 14 ore faTWP and ImTranslator apps have these buttons that appear when you highlight a text, it would be great if you added an icon to click so right clicking or mousing far from text not necessary. I use this daily thank you so much
- Valutata 2 su 5di Faze, 11 giorni faGreat extension in Chrome but sucks in Firefox. Sometimes it doesn't stop playing, lots of times you can't select where to read from, like the way it can in Chrome, and other buggy stuff that doesn't exist in Chrome. The worst part is that they only give you one free voice and it's a woman's voice. In the world of equality, we should be able to be allowed a different gender's voice (a male's voice) without having to pay for it as a premium feature. It old style mentality that will eventually bite them in the butt.
- Valutata 1 su 5di mcalhoun, 16 giorni faI just downloaded "read-aloud". I got it to read a webpage but could NOT get it to stop. I want to try some other voices but can NOT determine how. Where do I look to find instructions?
- Valutata 4 su 5di Lostin, un mese faIt works but HELP.
I tried changing the voice while it was going. The first few times I did this, the old voice stopped and the new one played when I hit play again. This time, nothing happened. I navigated to the page and hit the addon again. Both old & new voices started playing over each other, I pressed STOP then the new one stopped but the old one kept playing?? I closed the tab and it kept going and won't stop. :sob:
> Reading a PDF
> Oh wow it eventually stopped when it got to the end of the page or whatever, some stopping point thank God.
> I do have a lot of tabs open to be fair?
Anyway, works better than most options on Google Chrome browser. 4/5 for that alone, but please fix the never-ceasing ghost voice.
- Valutata 4 su 5di Utente Firefox 15081822, 2 mesi faPositive:
Simple and does what it says for free.
Multiple languages and voices.
Can even recognize foreign languages automatically for whole article.
Allows to use your favorite text to speech engine (google, MS,...)
Premium is done without affecting main functionality.: As developer myself, i understand necessity for monetization. So "selling" premium voices for premium fee is understandable and it does NOT affect functionality of free version at all. No rational person can objectively complain here.
-1 start for it to be not loud enough compared to other sounds. e.g. Youtube is much louder. E.g. using "Read Aloud" to read article than watching streamed video makes video uncomfortably loud due to previous volume adjustment near silent "Read Aloud" sound.
I miss play/pause button and indication of read text on screen. It can be temporarily called out but disappears when not in focus.
- Valutata 4 su 5di Utente Firefox 17682963, 2 mesi faExcellent Text-to-Speech tool. Very helpful when learning a foreign language. Only 4 Stars because for some reason the Firefox version contains fewer Microsoft voices than the Edge version. The Edge Microsoft voices are superior but I prefer using Firefox.
- Valutata 5 su 5di lil_greatmoments, 3 mesi faI love the fact that I can just right click on my firefox browser anything i want to listen to, and it does EXACTLY what i want it to do. Plus, I have so much fun changing up the voice in the settings :P :)