- di Norzemen, 4 anni faValutata 5 su 5Finally a tool which allows me to configure search the way I want it. Too bad Google couldn't provide this for me, but then why would they. They want to drive me to their crony sites.
- di Utente Firefox 14240329, 4 anni faValutata 4 su 5Very helpful. One problem though: The UI and method for managing my blocklist is a bit clunky. It is also slow to change pages in the manager window if you have a lot of blocked sites. I would suggest some kind of optimized list view or some easier and faster way to edit the blocklist without sifting through pages of entries.
- di Utente Firefox 14136702, 4 anni faValutata 5 su 5Very good and easy application to use. I use it to remove annoying websites such as Pinterest off of Google search results. Unfortunately, it can't block image search results.
- di Utente Firefox 13524479, 4 anni faValutata 3 su 5I'm using Bitdefender and all my results in google, after installing this plugin, have that blue line below :
If I block ONE Pinterest result for example, or any result, then all of Google's results pages appear : empty, whatever I search. (then I have to unblock that or deactivate this plugin)
Most good security solutions check your webpages results before you click on them. And "Personal Blocklist" doesn't see the real URL, but the one modified by Bitdefender (just a guess) before it's displayed in Firefox.
I tried to turn ON/OFF all Bitdefender's Web Protections to find the one responsible but I couldn't. Sometimes they're all ON (Scan Web Traffic for Malware, Scan SLL, Protection against Phishing, etc) and Personal Blocklist displays the proper address in Google's Results and sometimes some are OFF and the Google results are all : "block trafficlight.bitdefender.com"
There seem to be a fault in Personal Blocklist that catches Google's URLs as they are, even when a part of the URL is modified by the chosen Security Solution (At least Bitdefender).
Please have a look into that when you have a minute. Thanks in advance ;) I'm looking forward to put 5 stars, because without that... it'd be worth it ! :(
Sorry I couldn't find the precise Bitdefender protection causing that.
- di Utente Firefox 14034521, 4 anni faValutata 5 su 5Works great on Google. (Doesn't work on Google enhanced Startpage over which the app developer likely has no control. Too bad for the latter but what can you do.)
- di SeanPercy42, 4 anni faValutata 2 su 5There should be an option in the context menu so you can right click on a URL and choose add to blocklist. Come on developers, this is an obvious and simple feature that would make your add-on significantly easier to use.
- di Utente Firefox 13664250, 4 anni faValutata 4 su 5It's working again! Gives a block option and works to block website in the main search results but not in "Top Stories", "Images" and "News".
- di Utente Firefox 13404543, 4 anni faValutata 1 su 5Tried to contact developer before leaving a bad review to no avail. Developer is unresponsive. Can only store so many items to block, and then, instead of being able to start over with a clean slate, this extension requires you manually delete each entry to make room for more. The list persists even if you reinstall. I would sing its praises if this were not the case, but since I'm not going to manually delete 170 entries individually, this extension is pretty much worthless now.