- di Patrick, 3 anni faValutata 4 su 5Great Add-ons!
But sometimes, when I open a local link, it opens 10 times by one mouseklick.
I hope the will come an update to fix this problem.Thanks for the review. I am currently not aware of the bug you describe. Please go to https://github.com/feinstaub/webextension_local_filesystem_links/issues and file the issue there to be in direct contact with developers who can fix the issue.
- di Utente Firefox 14001264, 3 anni faValutata 4 su 5I love this add-on! The extension made it possible to switch to Firefox without paying the price to not open local links anymore. The bigger problem is that our anti-virus software, called Sophos, has a really big problem with the programm, that has to be installed and it automatically deactivates it so the whole add-on doesn't work anymore. If there's any possibility for you to solve this i would be so thankful, but i know it's not your add-on what makes it difficult it's our anti-virus software, so yeah...Thanks for the review. We are aware that some virus scanners have problems with the new addon architecture. I assume you already tried to add the addon in the list of exceptions? There should be a white list or something in your virus scanner.
A former Mozilla engineer suggested to disable virus scanners completely to increase browser security:
- di Fred Thompson, 3 anni faValutata 3 su 5993k for an animated howto gif?!?!
Put it on the web and link to it.
It's almost half the size of the extension.
Link Gopher (legacy) does the same but for remote links in 1/6 the size.Yes, you are right, the size is not optimal. Our primary concern was to help our current users to easily make the switch to the new architecture and help new users to get started quickly. In a next step the size problem can be addressed. We have limited resources and can only work at one problem at a time.
Do you have a special problem with the size of the gif except for aesthetical reasons?
- di Daniel, 4 anni faValutata 5 su 5Great extension, really helpful. Thank you! Is slower than the versions before Firefox quantum, but it's working!Great to hear that you find the addon useful. Our primary goal was to make the addon working on Firefox Quantum at all and ship it as quickly as possible. Performance issues are addressed in later steps.
- di stib , 4 anni faValutata 2 su 5Doesn't work any more, moreover it freezes pages randomly, even when it's not doing anything.
Replica dello sviluppatorepubblicato il 4 anni faThanks for taking the time to report that there is an issue with this addon. Please note, that the Mozilla review system is not meant to be used to report technical issues, see https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/review_guide. Please use the support site on github to report bugs; not the review system.
Due to the new Firefox WebExtension API, there is something new, see addon description: "Starting with Firefox 57, the addon requires you to install an additional helper application. Otherwise the addon cannot function properly. The details are explained in a first-run dialog when you install the addon."
- di Bill Stidham, 4 anni faValutata 5 su 5Have it frozen to 0.99.47
I am NOT installing a separate piece of software so this can function
This extension works fine but webextension API is a POS
working around firefox's webextension API BS is becoming very time consuming for meThe 2-component-architecture was the best way we came up with with regard to limitations of the WebExtensions API. I am aware that this is not optimal but what can be done instead?
- di Utente Firefox 13696221, 4 anni faValutata 2 su 5We use this add-on in Firefox in combination with links in Alfresco to a local file folder system based on Alfresco. In the previous edition of this add-on it worked fine. Starting from today a new version of this add-on was installed: 0.99.57. Now the links does not work any longer and we receive the message: Attempt to postMessage on disconnected port. Pleas check that you have installed the native app. See installation Guide in addon-bar menu.
We have installed the previous version of this add-on: 0.99.47 and now the links in alfresco are working again.
I hope that there will be a solution so that we can go over to the latest edition of this add-on and to the latest version of firefox. By the way: we have tested the latest version of this add-on in Firefox 57... and then it was also not working
Replica dello sviluppatorepubblicato il 4 anni faThanks for taking the time to report a bug in the new version with your use case description. BUT: Please, do not use the addon's review page for such things. Also, giving a negative review because of a bug is not what the review system is for. Please consult https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/review_guide for details. Please use the support link to report bugs and technical issues. If you like and if it is possible you could change the review.