Valutata 3,7 su 5
3,7 stelle su 5
- di Utente Firefox 6896510, 7 anni faValutata 3 su 5When encrypt an encrypted link, the old password is NOT required unexpectedly! Anybody can change a new password to open those links. This is what we want?
---- Feb. 1, 2013 edited ----
Thank you for your reply.
That is it...just like you say.
I'm sorry for my words. It's my mistake.
But I still think that, multiple encryption is not necessary, it even is unsafe. Too many passwords, or other people's curiosity, can make us lose the links more easily. Isn't it?
It's a good extension, and it could be greater.
Replica dello sviluppatorepubblicato il 7 anni faYou can encrypt the same link more than one time...
Each time a new layer of encrypten will be create, if you encrypt a bookmark 2 times your need enter 2 password for fully decrypt it.
- di Amulira, 7 anni faValutata 5 su 5Just tested with firefox 17.0.1 and it's work perfectly! I really like the option "Rename links" during the encryption! Thank's! :)
J'ai testé avec Firefox 17.0.1 et ça fonctionne très bien! J'aime beaucoup l'option "Rename links" En même temps que le dossier est crypter! Super! Merci!
- di ChessWriter, 8 anni faValutata 4 su 5I have installed this addon and use it only occassionally, like if I have visitors. I am unable to keep this addon always enabled
because of a probem which i am going to outline below.
The problem....It creates an icon inside the address bar. But that is not the worst of it. The icon shows up only when you hover anywhere on the address bar and dissappears when you move away. This means that everytime you hover over the address bar, the position of all icons(added by addons) is changed everytime until you move your cursor away.
The problem this creates is that - you're going towards the flagfox icon where you see it. But when you reach it and click it, it turns out to be the icon of some other addon.
My suggestion to the developer is
- Make the icon in the addon bar optional
- Give the option to put the icon elsewhere(if you insist that the icon is necessary)
- Stop the bloody icon from blinking everytime you move over it. Make it permanent!Hello
I can't remeber this icon, and has how remove it.
I think as you, this normal not is use as in this state.
normal is use encrypt/decrypt bookmarkas and not currenet URL.
I will upload a new version that is remove now.
- di A0D, 8 anni faValutata 4 su 5it's work fine for me, but is this add-ons has some option to remove all password when we forgot the password?Sorry, this exist no know way to remove
the password protection without password, the bookmakrs is
encrypt with AES and what I know no easy backdoor exist for
But if you know the password, you can use the function "decrypt all" in bookmarks handle windows. ( rigth click on folder )
/ Figaro Sweden.
- di democracy BAD without republic, 8 anni faValutata 3 su 5needs to have *optional* salt. Without salt encrypted URL can be shared by email or forum. With extension generated salt then no, but with user specified salt yes.
- di Utente Firefox 6057203, 8 anni faValutata 3 su 5I really like this add-on, but it has failed to protect me. I don't blame the add-on itself, the problem may be internal. I spent countless hours collecting links, went through the trouble of not only password protecting them, but also of renaming them as well. Then about a week or so ago, they were rendered inaccessible by an unknown bug of some sort. I suppose I could look for my firefox back up, but what pain in the butt. A certain paralysis occurs when you can't even trust your own browser from prying eyes, you go through the trouble of securing your browser to the max, and still this kind of thing happens. What a waste of time. Again, I should add that it may not be a problem with this add-on, but may be something internal. Great add-on, in a complicated system, that looks more and more like a maze.
- di DV, 8 anni faValutata 3 su 5I must agree with all the others. This add-on works great if you only have one url to encrypt.
Unfortunately, in its' current state, this add-on is not able to encrypt multiple links with one password.
A great idea but more work is still needed in order to encrypt an entire folder of urls'
- di Utente Firefox 5647880, 8 anni faValutata 5 su 5how can hiden my folders but i like real link pass3word its real cool addon but need the option to hidden my folders or link namesYou can use the rename function while you encrypt booksmarks.
And the Link password has no support for hidden bokmarks, but i know some addons can hidde bookmarks or part of bookmarks.
- di Utente Firefox 5916539, 9 anni faValutata 4 su 5This is a great little add-on. However, my complaint is that you must bookmark a page before LinkPassword will demand a password for it, which is not what I want to do with some pages. Please can this be rectified? Thanks
EDIT: Sorry, might not have been clear enough. A password is demanded if-and-only-if you keep a page bookmark'ed; deleting the bookmark deletes the requirement for a password to access the page. I do not want to have to keep a bookmark after password protecting it, and preferably not having to bookmark it in the first placeHello.
I can encrypt a link by hover over the url-bar and press the icon on right side for encrypt url.
or go to "tools" that select Link Password for encrypt current URL.
But good ide, and I will look at this some time if this can be do on the fly while you bookmark a page.
- di Gimp, 9 anni faValutata 4 su 5This is a fine add on and works as advertised. The reason for 4 stars:-1 star, because a good number of replacement descriptions contain the word "sex", which is certainly not the kind of "link hiding" you want. I had to go through the bookmark links and right click on them, using "properties" to edit the descriptions.I recommend to everybody using that instead the automated option. Also, this way you can find more revealing information and delete it if you wish.My wish would be: offer the easy option to rename with you own description. Or at least less obvious words.Hello.
I know, the list of word i gets from a topp list of word that use have enter to the google.com
I will update the list to day to fix this :)
/ Figaor Sweden
- di Richard Stephens, 9 anni faValutata 5 su 5I used this add-on extensively on Firefox. It worked just fine and solved a big privacy issue for me.
I only wish the developer would engineer it for Safari since I have migrated to that browser after some operating issues with FF.Hello, Yes, to get Link Password work for cross browser is something several people have been ask for
As it looks now, so maybe during the fall so we can get cross browser support.
/ Figaro Sweden
- di Saitan, 9 anni faValutata 5 su 5This is awesome. I installed it just today and intended to use to encrypt few bookmarks I keep in a specific folder and wanted to hide them from others. And it does the work. Perfect. Thanks a lot to Author.
- di Utente Firefox 5613434, 9 anni faValutata 2 su 5It seems to do what it advertises, even renames links for visual obfuscation but seems to lose something if you clear private data. It refused to remember passwords after i used the clear recent history option. I had to restore my bookmarks from profile backup.
- di white, 9 anni faValutata 3 su 5It is a good start, but here are two things I really miss:- Ability to password-protect a bookmars-FOLDER. So that you have to enter a password to see the contents of the protected folder.- When decrypting links I would like the bookmark-names to be restored to their original condition.Fix those and this will be a five stars plugin! ;-)
- di kudlaty, 9 anni faValutata 2 su 5I'm looking for some privacy in my bookmarks and this is not quite the thing I'm looking for.
So what you can password protect a bookmark, if the name of the bookmark is still visible when you encrypt it?
More so, when you create a password for entire folder, you can always SEE what the folder structure is.
So let's say that you want to keep hidden from the wife your "guilty pleasure" folder, which contains entire tree structure of folders. So what if you password protect it, when she can see 4 folders deep what's the name of every bookmark?
Can someone please show me a firefox addon, that would hide the entire structure of "inside folders"?
- di james, 9 anni faValutata 3 su 5for bookmarks. this add on is useless without the "no history" add on. people just look at your history and there it is. your secret is revealed. "no history" add on is recommended along with this add on. the create new encrypted link doesn't work. however, you can just bookmark the link and put an encryption from there.
- di mohave, 9 anni faValutata 5 su 5Thanks FigaroSwe, superb addon!!
What I don't get to work is the 'De/Encrypt all in FOLDER". I just get 'the current link'.
Here are a couple of snapshots: http://yfrog.com/2fpantallazolinkpasswordap and http://yfrog.com/f7pantallazocreatenewencrp
I am using Firefox 3.6.13
What I am doing wrong? Thanks a lot!