Valutata 3,7 su 5
3,7 stelle su 5
- di Utente Firefox 13513355, 2 anni faValutata 5 su 55.01 Doesnt works anymore now since latest release with Firefox 56.0 (32-Bit) . There isnt even a Dropdown function anymore to encrypt either Folder or Link. previous Versions worked flawless. There is no entry in the dropdown anymore. I deinstalled and reinstalled the Addon several times. I am using German Version of Firefox.
Edit 25.11.2017, Version 126.96.36.199.1-signed.1-signed still works with Firefox 56.0.2 (32-Bit)
Thx for your Info about installing a previous version
I deactivated Auto update now.
Replica dello sviluppatorepubblicato il 2 anni faHi. Sorry for your inconvenience, since Firefox version 57 all functionality in this addon has stop working and I have to rewrite the hole addon from start for working with Firefox version 57.
I will adding Folder encryption/decryption this weekend.
If you still running firefox 56, you can until update to firefox 57 install a older version of Link Passowrd.
- di Utente Firefox 13426475, 2 anni faValutata 5 su 5Great add-on ! Privacy is a legitimate need.
It would make sense to me to have an option though which would permit to keep the "rename" setting permanent.
Edit: I had to reverse Firefox to 56 version of Firefox to have this extension to work again and retrieve my encrypted links ;-)
- di Big Owl, 3 anni faValutata 3 su 5Worked fine until previous Firefox version, but with Firefox 5.0 even though I enter the password correctly, the addon continues saying that the link is encrypted and doesn't go to requested page.
- di Utente Firefox 12592471, 3 anni faValutata 3 su 5While the idea of this add-on is great, you can run into real trouble if someone else sets a password on your protected links. Sure, they can't get access to them, but now neither can you. Since the use of this add-on assumes others have access to your browser, this case should be considered likely to happen sooner or later.
- di Utente Firefox 12273275, 4 anni faValutata 1 su 5It worked perfectly until today. Now if you have a folder encrypted, then you must decrypt the links in the folder individually. You can no longer decrypt an entire folder with one password. It's too bad, because this was a very good, user-friendly extension until now.
Former rating: 5 stars
Rating after today: 1 star
I will gladly give this extension a 5 star rating again if this unfortunate change is fixed back to the way it was before when an entire folder can be decrypted with one password.
- di Gaétan, 4 anni faValutata 1 su 5This module was working fine until today : when I enter the password, it tells me that it is incorrect but after the 20th time (copy-paste x20) sometimes it works
So, I lost my favorites
- di Kimleechanee, 4 anni faValutata 5 su 5I just added this add-on and fell in love instantly. The reason this gets 5 stars is the "rename links" Now if someone happens to use my browser search, they will see links to the likes of YouTube, Maps.. etc. AWESOME detail. I am not sure about if this add-on will encrypt an entire folder full of sub folders but for now it is doing the job it needs. I don't care if I have to encrypt sub folders separately if sometime in the future I need the use of subs. So at this moment this app gets 5 stars. Will keep abreast of how this app works in the future.
- di cruiser0416, 4 anni faValutata 1 su 5I advise not to trust this tool. When .html bookmarks are examined in a text editor, the lines are NOT encrypted. So yes, your link is encrypted, but the text description describing it is wide open.
You do not see this when using Firefox, but any cracker can access your bookmarks, they are *not fully protected using this tool.
I am giving 1 star because it is false security, worse than no security at all.
Replica dello sviluppatorepubblicato il 4 anni faHi..
It is not true, the bookmarks is always encrypted, what you found here is a old backup of the bookmarks from the time before you encrypted them.
It is out of my control to verify if any old unecrypted backupes exists.
- di George, 5 anni faValutata 1 su 5Not only did it NOT WORK, it failed to remove its entries from my context menus. I had to reinstall and uninstall "Link Password" twice before it cleaned up after itself!
- di troshan19, 5 anni faValutata 5 su 5how can i reset the password?Hi
I'm sorry, but it does not exist any easy way for your to restore the bookmarks if you has lost your password.
Each bookmark is encrypted with AES and as fair I known impossaable to break except for brute force attack for restore the password.
- di freestuffaddict, 5 anni faValutata 3 su 5I created a folder with three links in it, and I password protected each (referred to in practice as right-clicking the link then selecting menu-option labeled "Encrypt this link"). I tried the links, they seemed to be working okay, the passwords working. However, after closing the browser, turning off the machine, rebooting and etc etc..in the subsequent browser sessions later on what turned out to be my case is that only an individual link within the folder would open but not the others.
In case it matters the version of Firefox I used this on is 39.0.3. This does download and install quickly and appears to have a user-friendly & ease-of-access functionality, but my experience as specified in this review shares a limitation which may or may not occur in another users installation. good luck.
- di DIGITALelementz, 5 anni faValutata 5 su 5Got it sorted!... :-D ....there are more folders with bookmarks within this encrypted folder of mine... a stack of three actually..... it was decrypting the 3rd one in first, and not the primary one as selected..... so I had to decrypt all extra folders inside first starting with the third, before all the bookmarks in the primary folder would decrypt... =]
Cheers!...=]Very good, this is possiable for you to encrypt same bookarms multiple times with different password. or in you case, has bookmarks encrypted with different password, and in this case decrypt mode will ask for password for all link the program can't decrypt with a enter password.
- di john cled, 5 anni faValutata 2 su 5Hello,
I forgot my password : (
How can I do to reset it?
is it possible to get it on my mailHi.
I'm sorry for your has lost your password, but I can't help your because of the password is never store as it or send to any webservice and is only use for encrypting the bookmarks, witch mean the only way go get back your bookmarks is to tray any possiable password your might has set.
Best Regard Figaro.
- di Cappy, 5 anni faValutata 3 su 5Great application. I did have a problem though. After encrypting a folder and using the rename links, then decrypting, all the links within the sub folders sub folders (so sub folder of the sub folder of the encrypted folder) did not return to their original names.
- di kewkemba, 6 anni faValutata 3 su 5This is fantastic. Nice job! However the add-on really needs an additional password before allowing user's to encrypt files. At the moment it's very easy for some one to block me out of my own links. If that's added it will be perfect and would happily rate 5 star.
- di Cyrille, 6 anni faValutata 2 su 5L'application sous linux me paraît un peu simpliste. Si vous souhaitez bloquer tout un site et pas seulement une page, il faudra coller un mot de passe à chaque page relative au site.
Le mot de passe est associé à la page, et non pas à l'onglet. Dommage, ça aurait pu être davantage intéressant de pouvoir se réserver un onglet secret, plutôt qu'une simple page. Ou alors c'est moi qui ne sait pas utiliser le module.
Et enfin la faille la plus bête qui soit : il suffit de supprimer le module pour pouvoir accéder aux pages dont l'accès avait été restreint par celui-ci. Aucun mot de passe ne sera demandé ^^'
- di DaBeez, 7 anni faValutata 4 su 5Been looking forever for this and it simply rocks! One thing I would love to see added is the encryption of the link properties>description as well. Even if you have an encrypted link, you may still right click on that link and view its properties>description info of that link, if there is any. Otherwise, I love this extension... thank you.
- di Kesta, 7 anni faValutata 4 su 51. For me, without this function two-factor authentication, which is still more dangerous to think that anyone can put a new password on all my links ... incredible. So encryption and this extension is useless.
2. I found a second fault is that when the folder is encrypted, all the favorites put in the folder after the encryption are not encrypted. Must decipher and re-encrypt the folder for the new favorites are encrypted. Not cool for those who have not seen it.
3. And the third fault, once they are encrypted, the favorites have no Favicon.
And something that could be great, would be able to request the password at the click on the folder, and the folder doesn't even open until the password is not correct. This would not see links in the folder, rather than change their names.
Thank you anyway for this wonderful extension. Good Job !
- di Utente Firefox 6739654, 7 anni faValutata 4 su 5Having tried the add-on again with the latest version of FF (19.0) and the latest version of Java, I must say that I have found no problems this time, at least until now. Neither the previous problem I reported, that rendered the add-on useless or the problem that the previous reviewer reported.
I'm giving it 4 stars.Why not 5? Well, because if you have links organized in sub-folders like me, you will have to rename the sub-folders manually, since the add-on will only rename the links themselves.
I hope the developer continues to work on this add-on. It has a lot of potential and is a very useful add-on. It could benefit from slight improvements (please consider my suggestion) and it seems to suffer from slight incompatibility problems that, truth be said, are difficult to solve with so many versions of FF around since Mozilla started this stupid update policy.
All-in-all I recommend this add-on.
Replica dello sviluppatorepubblicato il 7 anni faHello, Yes I know, the FF versions handle is some bit problems for developers, but in short I has not update this plugin for a time.
I has self think of the problems width sub-folders, but the problem is I can't find a good way to encrypt the name and then decrypt it on safely way.
/ Figaro Sweden.