- di Utente Firefox 13933186, 3 anni faValutata 3 su 5до обновления Firefox всё работало. После обновления до версии 59.0.2 (64-бит) не работает.
before the Firefox update everything worked. After upgrading to version 59.0.2 (64-bit) does not work
- di xxjohndifoolxx, 4 anni faValutata 3 su 5one thing : i hate the gradient title background on tiles ! is it possible to have more theming options please ?Hello,
Well I'm a programmer, of course my design sucks :)
Could you write me to my support e-mail what exactly would you like to see there and I will try to do that. I can just add another checkbox - "Disable gradient in dials name", but I'm not sure if that would be good enough...
Also in the "White" theme there is no gradient (it that helps :)).
Thank you for the feedback!
Have a nice day :)
- di Utente Firefox 13430041, 4 anni faValutata 3 su 5неплохое дополнение но .... уж слишком много всего навернули .
миниатюры слетают , почему то пропала функция внесения в диал по правому клику мышки , не дублирует ссылки в закладки браузера .
обратите внимание на старый Fast Dial просто и лаконично .
- di Utente Firefox 13469036, 4 anni faValutata 3 su 5I would like to try this extension, but when i do it do not work! It says:
Error - database is corrupted! And i can not get around this!Hello,
Corrupted database error is a Firefox bug, and very old one (4 years old): https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=944918
There are cases where this happened after running CCleaner or other tools that can "optimize" or "compact" Firefox database. But it can also happen if you start any Firefox with version older that 57 - your profile get instantly corrupted (once your profile get upgraded with Firefox 57 and newer, it cannot be downgraded).
To validate status of your database engine you can visit this demo page:
This page is using same database technology as my add-on. Check the log text in bottom left corner - if you see there "Error loading database" then your Firefox has indeed broken database.
What will help is Firefox reset feature:
Resetting profile will preserve your passwords, bookmarks and other important things.
I'm really sorry for the inconveniences...
Have a nice day and enjoy the weekend :)
- di Utente Firefox 13733567, 4 anni faValutata 3 su 5I installed a number of 'other' speed dial extensions just now.
I was not satisfied with any of them.
Considering doing a rollback on Firefox to ver 54 when I figured I would give this extension ONE MORE TRY.
I installed it again and restarted my browser and it started working again. All the features came back but I lost my dials because I didn't do a back up.
I like that I can add groups.
I like that I can take a screenshot and set that as my image for the dial.
I like that I can drag and drop my dials.
I like that I can color code my groups.
I believe if there was a way to drag a page and drop it to a new dial this extension would be fantastic.
I don't know what caused the extension to fail.
I now know to back up my dials and I have synced them on the cloud too.
I sincerely hope this is the end of my speed dial frustration.
Now if someone could make a BBCode Xtra replacement I'd be happy with this new firefox.Hello again,
Regarding restoring your old dials - if you are on Windows, you should be able to use "Windows Restore point" feature to restore your profile in a way that should restore your dials as well.
I really hope this helps.
- di Utente Firefox 13511339, 4 anni faValutata 3 su 5Version 7.6 messed up my previous dial-thumbnails. ALL OF THEM got a white border on top (setting: No title on dials), even they are all set up to be "centered" (dial ratio: fix 1×1). With version 7.5 they looked fine. Hope this will be fixed very, very soon! Thanks.
Edit: I found out, if "No title on dials" and ALSO "Dial names on bottom" is activated, you can avoid this bug.
BTW: I am expecting on "Refresh dials" to reload and refresh MY "Custom stored thumbnail file" (if chosen) and not to rebuild the dials with a web page preview!
P.S. Dial ratio seems to be changed again, but sadly not to be exact square (in v7.5 the were 256×246, in v7.6 they are now 256×249).
Is it so difficult to make them "at least" exact square (1:1, e. g. 256×256, 128×128 etc) if "dial ratio" is set "fix: 1×1?
Now – to avoid the white border – I have to edit all my customized thumbs. Too bad!
Edit 2 (after bug fix 7.7):
Many thanks to the developer, who instantly fixed the bug described in my review (well, it still appears, if you use the "No title on dials" in combination with "Dial names on bottom" activated – then on the bottom).
Anyway, it works for me now, deactivating "Dial names on bottom".
For his (developer's) very fast bug fix (within 1-2 hours!) I am updating my rating to 3.5 stars.
But It's still not understandable, why WE cannot have such a SIMPLE THING like REAL "square thumbs", and why the author uses really exotic thumbs' ratios, that even seem to change between versions – instead of making them simply SQUARE! (like most of all other programs/apps in a similar context do). Should all users edit all their customized image files on every GSD update? That's not very handy, isn't it.
Although I am quite happy for the add-on itself, substituting the out-dated "Speed Dial" (by Josep del Rio).
I'm really sorry for the issues.
The hotfix version 7.7 is already released.
I've added this scenario into my automated test suit to prevent this in the future.
If you find more bugs, please let me know to mu support e-mail. I'm fixing serious bugs within minutes/hours.
Have a nice day :)
- di Utente Firefox 13682087, 4 anni faValutata 3 su 5Очень долго грузит страницы.Hello,
My add-on should be super fast. If loading page takes more than half a second, something is wrong.
Please contact me to my support e-mail.
Also make sure you are NOT using Cloud-dials page as your homepage - instead set it up using the proper add-on URL. Just follow the steps written in Options page / first tab / first line.
Have a nice day :)
- di Akser, 4 anni faValutata 3 su 5В темной версии один большой минус - это белый градиент и обводка тоже уродского вида. И самое печальное, не настроить самому на нормальный опрятный вид. А вот в светлой это тень и смотрится нормально, не пойму зачем было инверсировать и тень в белый колхозный градиент...Hello,
Please write me to my support e-mail what changes would you like to see and I will build such theme.
I'm also planning to introduce custom theme that could be build by anyone.
Have a nice day :)
- di Utente Firefox 13587393, 4 anni faValutata 3 su 5Quite nice add-on as replacement for "Speed Dial by Josep del Rio".
Looks promising but far from being perfect.
+ Possibility of importing existing "Speed Dials" (but thumbnails itself are not imported!)
+ Mouse wheel support to scroll through existing groups
+ Dials can link to groups
- "No title on dials" does not work with transparent PNG images.
- Thumbs cannot defined to be exactly square format (e.g. 200 x 200), they become something like 200 x 194 instead (when set to 1:1). So I have to resize/crop all my created thumbnail images to that dimension otherwise they look ugly when they contain a background colour other than white (I am using the colour scheme "white"), even parts of the title may be visible on the edges. BTW: Most dial thumbnails online available are square.
- Thumbs for dials that link to a group are permanently changed. I have created custom thumb images for my groups, e.g. "Music". When ever I change (edit/add/delete) a dial within this group "Music", GSD ignores my custom thumb and generates a new one instead. So I have to tell GSD again and again, that it should use "my" Music-thumb – until my next change in that group ... :( Annoying!
- I am missing to set margins for each group dial page. The dials are filled (sized) completely from top of the page to the bottom, which looks horrible (imo) and makes the pages overloaded and more difficult to read (heavy eye movement).
- Empty options "Visual" and "Settings" (pages include only "Coming soon"). Maybe I am too strict here, but this may be acceptable in an early alpha/beta but does not belong to a release version!
- Copying a dial does not work. Although I press the "Ctrl" while dragging a dial to another group and the symbol "+" is shown at the mouse cursor, the dial will be moved (instead of being copied).
But overall not bad albeit of some criticism.
- di Utente Firefox 13572068, 4 anni faValutata 3 su 5Loved the normal speeddial addon. Was just great. Please make a grey theme so to get a bit closer at least visualy. Also the thext in the dials on the top are way to big, how can that be changed?
- di Utente Firefox 13346511, 4 anni faValutata 3 su 5I want to like this Addon but New Tab Override does not work. Tried on two computers with same results. Override "New tab" page with URL:www.google.com.
But the address bar has this when I select new tab: moz-extension://db0e5e33-ed74-4bf2-afa6-50a143e5be6a/www.google.com.
Firefox 57 (64).Hello,
This issue should be fixed now in current version.
If you find more bugs, please let me know to my support e-mail. Usually I'm able to fix them within 24 hours :)
Have a nice day :)
- di Phil, 4 anni faValutata 3 su 51. The link to Dials as homepage looks like
And on every computer it is different! So, each time Mozilla synchronizes its settings between several computers, the link goes corrupt. Please fix this.
2. There seems to be no way to drag and drop Dials within a group to swap them around.Hello,
Regarding the Homepage synchronization between devices, this is a known Firefox bug that I reported some time ago:
What should help is excluding Homepage from synchronization:
(basically just set in "about:config" page setting "services.sync.prefs.sync.browser.startup.homepage" to false)
Regarding drag and drop - you probably activated the "Super-speed" feature (in upper right menu). When this feature is enabled, you can drag and drop only when holding Ctrl or Shift keys. You can also disable Super-speed.
I hope this helps :)
- di Utente Firefox 13506767, 4 anni faValutata 3 su 5Worked well for one day. Showed me the speed dials I imported from the SDBackup file from SpeedDials. Same as with some user comment here (in German), since yesterday I only get some "unexpected error, please write me an email".
Sending an email without information about what happend will probably not help, but I do not find logs.
Firefox 57 is new and the addons have been changed, so errors can be expected. Was quite happy with this addon, and will be after the cause of the error is found and fixed.
Update: Worked again after I reloaded SDBackup, and made sure I have a working internet connection. Could be that the addon wants to reload from server and throws an error if this is not possible - just a guess.
- di Utente Firefox 13501407, 4 anni faValutata 3 su 5This add-on does not correspond to an address beginning with "file: //".Hello,
Sadly access to local files through "file://" protocol is now completely blocked by Firefox internal security for all add-ons.
More boring info here: https://wiki.mozilla.org/WebExtensions/Filesystem
Situation in Chrome browser is very similar but Chrome added option (checkbox) to enable access to local files for specific add-on on their add-on page. I hope something similar will come to Firefox one day, but until then, there is nothing I can do about it.
You can also downgrade to Firefox ESR where old add-ons still works :)
Good point with the background, I'm more focusing on features than look (which may not be best for business :)). But I'm planning some exciting upgrades that will include new background for every day from Bing service :)
Anyway I'm sorry for the bad news.
Have a nice day :)