- di Ian, 2 mesi faValutata 4 su 5I think this is a great extension but while using Waterfox, there was no sharing between different profiles and no way to reproduce a theme I had created. It would be pretty awesome to have an import button next to export. When I tried to install the xpi it said it was corrupted
- di Fatyanoor Ashfa, 2 mesi faValutata 4 su 5It is very easy to use for making themes. It has a color palette which lets you use colors that are already used, and there is an advanced mode to color specific parts of the browser, complete with a manual explaining where each color goes.
However, it has issues:
1. As of the latest Firefox update, there are some advanced colors that don't work anymore, such as the tab background separator, pop up highlight and the new tab text.
2. There are also new attributes in the new Firefox version that can't be edited yet, like the border around the text in the ≡ menu which appears when using up/down arrows.
3. There is currently no way to navigate to saved ♡ themes.
There is also room for improvement:
1. An option to upload a theme file (.xpi) to edit
2. An option to edit the Firefox default themes
All in all, good app.
Hopefully the developers update it soon.
- di nirwana, 2 mesi faValutata 4 su 5I really like the idea of this addon to make Firefox more beautiful.
Once I had a nice theme with red and yellow-colors in the presets, but I cannot seem to be able to get it back.
I exported the theme.zip and the theme.xpi, I even tried to add it to the Firefox Marketplace (because Firefox Color suggests to do so, but it was rejected).
When I look inside the theme.xpi I can understand, because it only contains a manifest.json with just some colors defined. I guess that is enough for Firefox Color, but it would be nice if this would write a complete theme.xpi that I can easily distribute to others.
Now I also created a theme with a custom background, but I could not share this by using the Share-button (because it uses a custom background). I would expect that the custom background can be saved as a base64-image and then will be able to share it.
When that would mean that it does not fit in a regular URL than Mozilla can save the theme somewhere online, make it publicly available and just enable sharing the short url with other people.
By using that the complete theme can be downloaded by other users, so they can install it into their Firefox. Then people can easily design themes for their community, just like they can now do using the Firefox light themes (using custom toolbar backgrounds).
IMHO, this extension could have so much more possibilities in the near future.
- di Warrior1, 4 mesi faValutata 4 su 5Not 5 stars because it needs improvement, further development, and repair. Setting (Background Tab Text Color) to black changes the colors of the Back-button (I have disabled Proton theme). I had to use a CSS-code to get the Back-button to display the colors I want.
- di Utente Firefox 16758997, 5 mesi faValutata 4 su 5Really nice, but it's missing the option to select colors (text and background) for bookmarks-bar, when opening a bookmark-folder there. - On my system the popup-list is black with white text, but i would prefer at least the opposite and cannot change it anywhere. :/
- di Darkman, 5 mesi faValutata 4 su 5With the new Firefox 89 I need this addon, because the tab bar in this version no longer adopts the colors from Windows.
The addon works very well, except for one thing: Depending on which color I set under "Background Tab Text Color", I have either a light or a dark context menu (right mouse button menu). Example: with FFFFFF (hex) I have a dark context menu, with FF0000 (hex) I have a light context menu.
It would be great if I can configure the context menu separately or the setting "Background Tab Text Color" should have no effect on the context menu.