- di Sinbad, 2 anni faValutata 2 su 5It used to work without problems but ever since the last update it works 5 times out of 10. Most times now I have to turn it off since it makes some major sites (like eBay, Amazon, and Google products) just load and run as slow as a turtle duct taped to a boulder. If it didn't have those moments of slow down then it would be the perfect product.
- di Utente Firefox 15086627, 2 anni faValutata 2 su 5Great features and really saves my eye strain. Unfortunately it makes your browser extremely slow. Some sites take over 30 seconds to load with this add-on enabled. When you disable the add-on the sites load fine.
- di Utente Firefox 13482431, 2 anni faValutata 2 su 5Update: Tried to use this as this is the one of the only ones that seems to "work" on the mobile Firefox platform. But today I had to uninstall it. The script that this addon keeps crashing and I have to either "stop script" or "continue" when it does crash the page. This addon is absolutely clumsy... Grateful that it is free, but even though it is free, it is unuseable...
I really tried to love this extension. After getting a notice that a Dark Mode extension was no longer certified or checked or whatever the mozilla folks are determining safe use was no longer safe, I switched over to this one since it was "recommended" and seems like mozilla was ok with it (whatever the hell that means).
The interface is clumsy, can't you just implement a simple switch?
When you do turn it on or off, you have to refresh the page, which sometimes destroys the content of the page.
I really really tried to like it, not give it one star cause you deserve an extra start for effort, but the quality of this extension is an F. It's clumsy, too many options (just give us dark mode, 99% don't care to tweak the little things, it gets in the way).
Why are "dark mode" so hard to implement? Just flip the white to black, black to white, and if the pages don't come out right, we'll just force it back and complain to the webmaster. I just don't get it.
- di Utente Firefox 12674307, 2 anni faValutata 2 su 5This extension corrects the colors in dark mode instead of just inverting them, but it still has a memory leak. Certain webpages will cause Firefox to start filling my 32GB of RAM fairly quickly (300 MB/s). I was hoping this had been fixed since the last time I tried it.
- di Utente Firefox 11622680, 2 anni faValutata 2 su 5How is this suppose to work? Some sites freeze and i have to hit "kill script" often... most other sites have endless glitches... it would be way better if it was turned off by default and you could just enable it on text heavy sites
- di Utente Firefox 14512213, 2 anni faValutata 2 su 5This is one of the must need Extension on my Firefox but the way it just stops working on few sites in completely unacceptable when it works quite fine on Chrome. LinkedIn, Facebook and even Instagram and Gmail doesn't work properly with this one where it doesn't make elements dark somewhere and sometime takes the entire site down with it just like Gmail.
- di Utente Firefox 15451856, 2 anni faValutata 2 su 5Tried Dark Reader for a couple of weeks and had to uninstall. Keep getting script errors in conflict with regular Firefox use. Otherwise I like the features and controls. Script errors just became a nuisance.
- di Utente Firefox 15170332, 2 anni faValutata 2 su 5Is quite good when it works, but far too often Videos or Images are also completely 'blacked out' on websites, for instance on BBC or Amazon sites, thus making those pages/sites virtually unusable - shame
- di thatonedoge, 2 anni faValutata 2 su 5I love how this looks, but unfortunately, it slows down my browsing. I've had to disable it now. It is really unfortunate that this is the case, because it really does improve the look of almost every site I use. One way that it could be improved is to have a site specific on/off switch- I think having it on for certain sites makes certain things invisible, whether it is in dark or light.
- di Utente Firefox 13958735, 2 anni faValutata 2 su 5I really liked the customizing websites to be dark or slightly dimmer with this extension, but I noticed that is was causing GPU power spike issues. My GPU utilization would spike to 100 each time I loaded a page. When loading pages without the Dark Reader extension, my GPU usage remains below 3%.