Valutata 4,2 su 5
4,2 stelle su 5
- di Utente Firefox 13054787, 3 anni faValutata 5 su 5Edit: Cool. I group all my feeds into folders and didn't consider that an individual feed would have a separate right-click menu and settings. Changed to 5 stars, thanks!
Good add-on, works exactly as I'd hope with one exception. There doesn't seem to be any option to disable notifications for "updated" entries. My local library and youtube incessantly "update" hundreds of entries which I have no interest in as I've already seen them, so my feed ends up being quite cluttered. Since the add-on can already differentiate these from actual new entries, I'd really appreciate a way to ignore them altogether.
- di megaman, 3 anni faValutata 3 su 5The animations are slow when opening RSS. It slowly goes upward when I open an RSS article, it's so annoying because I accidentally press other feeds as the article opened is slowly going up, and very slow animation. If possible to remove the animation or optimize it for more speed?
Also, can we have a dark theme? It's the only thing keeping me wanting to go back to Bamboo Reader, dark for nights since the white is too bright.
- di forMoz, 3 anni faValutata 3 su 5tl;dr; ? go right below for latest update
While I have nothing against this addon except for the fact that it relies on Bookmarks to store feed, so like all other FF RSS addons, it too chokes (makes FF hang) with FF sync.
Update - Based on Denis's response, I will test this addon again more and update. Always like it when a dev responds to show they care :)
Coming from Chrome, I loved FeedBro, which I dont think uses BMs, but SQLLite I think, and was looking for a non BM-based RSS feed mainly for performance reasons and the fact that it doesnt have to be a live BM at all !
Update #2: So I re-installed, looking GREAT so far, very neat and simplistic presentation (the list view - work friendly!)
Just wonder whats the deal with the amount of real estate - but I just peeked again and saw there was a CSS way to customize, hopefully I can get rid of the ugly fat margins.
+star for OPML integration - I was a bit concerned it would be time consuming to enter it all over again as in other RSS addons - not here..it was a breeze.
There were some fancy readers (Feedly?) which would auto detect RSS without us having to go exactly to the RSS page, not so with the rest, including this, had to manualy search for the RSS feed page, as the 'Subscribe with RSS' in BMs never showed for any. So the OPML was a nice feature.
(Apart from most sites making it a pain to find the RSS feeds, worst offenders are Onion &amp; Amazon Deals unless I am totally missing something in the world of RSS)
Updating to 4 star, keeping one as I have to do the formatting pain myself :( - but if it is painless will of course be back to add another !
HAVE to add here that Its a relief not being stuck with SeaMonkey which has the next best (simplest & work-friendly) RSS Reader
OMG...its so painful to set list view in each and EVERY Feed..I dont care - its a one time thing - but whats the deal with the 'Organize' button ? Shows nothing.
Also I hope the Feeds (BMs) and settings are SHARED across desktops otherwise it would be a Sage-like experience having to re-click everything (thats where Chrome shines with seamless sync of extension settings (as they are not treated like second-class citizens!)
UPDATE: So at home I noticed FF hanging again, so I uninstalled. Now at work I installed but was very disappointed that it duplicates BM folders. Sage at least had a way to set which folder to use, but all-in-all I guess this venture with FF RSS Readers is a HUGE disappointment because they tend to use the BMs (which freeze the comp or FF while syncing, maybe because they are so huge or just get confused)
Why cant FF RSS Addons be more like FeedBro for Chrome :(Brief is known to behave suboptimally with Sync, but definitely *not* hang the browser. Could you please file an issue about this at https://github.com/ancestorak/brief/issues/new so we could debug it?
- di Utente Firefox 13020120, 3 anni faValutata 4 su 5It's a good reader overall. However, I have problems with it when Firefox is synchronizing accross more computers. I have installed Brief addon in Firefox on a computer, I have set up the feeds and everything worked well. I could see the Subscribed Feeds folder in the Bookmarks manager and I could access the live bookmarks there. This Firefox instance is set up to synchronize the bookmarks using the Mozilla cloud. Then, I have installed Brief addon in Firefox on another computer. This Firefox instance is set up to synchronize the bookmarks using the Mozilla cloud as well. This time, the addon has created another folder Subscribed Feeds and there's no feed inside. Now, the Bookmarks manager displays two folders with the same name, Subscribed Feeds: one contains the live bookmarks that I have set up on the first computer and one is empty. I have looked for an option to tell Brief the bookmark folder to use for the live bookmarks, but I haven't found one.
Another problem that I have with Brief is that I haven't found a way to display the articles on 3 columns, but I'm more interested to solve the first problem.
I am using Firefox 53.0.2 for Windows x641. This is a known problem. It will be fixed in the future, but not right now due to the ways this feature interacts with the WebExtensions migration coming. For the current workarounds, see https://github.com/ancestorak/brief/wiki/FAQ#brief-does-not-use-the-feeds-folder-synced-from-firefox-sync
2. There's no explicit support for that... it may be possible by using CSS, or may be not possible, not sure.
- di Utente Firefox 12969425, 3 anni faValutata 5 su 5Ребята, а нельзя прикрутить синхронизацию адресов лент в облако, и горячие клавиши переназначаемые сделать? А так все хорошо :)
- di Shyboy, 4 anni faValutata 5 su 5It's the best rss reader out there, put to shame even expecialized softwares and some online services. Anyway great work with the addon. But could you please update the shortcuts? '/' can't be a shortcut to focus on search bar since it's now fast search or something I use Brief with some tiresome tasks and one shortcut for search focus or even focus on search bar with ctrl+f or f3 would be great. As our friend said bellow, search for parts of words would be great too.
- di Tom Leonard, 4 anni faValutata 5 su 5After many years, I've switched from Sage to Brief. I really appreciate the clean look and feel and also appreciate the gReader-like ability search/hide history and to nest links and drill down.
Migration was fairly simple. Both Sage and Brief use bookmarks, so I was able to use the bookmark organizer to open each Sage link and bookmark it for Brief.
I'm not a web developer so I could use some styling support to do simple things like increase the font size of the headline in list view without having to resort to the debugger to figure it out.
I'm glad made the switch.
- di Utente Firefox 12611276, 4 anni faValutata 5 su 5Been using Brief for a long time, and always recommend it to others, but I keep wishing it was possible to search on part of a word instead of full words.
Edit: Thank you, Denis, that makes things much easier for my needs.
Replica dello sviluppatorepubblicato il 4 anni faYou can search for "beginning*" to find words starting with "beginning". Sorry, no fast search is possible if the beginning is also unknown (sqlite full-text search system limitation).
- di Utente Firefox 12334760, 4 anni faValutata 5 su 5Great add on. Intuitive and straight forward. I have a suggestion/request though. Is it possible to add a keyboard shortcut for refreshing the feeds?
- di Utente Firefox 12252317, 4 anni faValutata 4 su 5Why is it not possible to minimize the sidebar by scrolling it to the left more or less for example ? I know that one can hide it completely but it just does not make sense that it takes about 70 or 80% of the screen here on the left when it is visible and only the remaining % are for reading the feeds on the right
Besides this a rather good reader, my opinion so far at least
- di WillBee, 4 anni faValutata 4 su 5Multiprocess windows managament is disabled when I leave only this addon activated (as seen in about::support).
(Other addons like both uBlock and Ghosterry are doing fine)
Firefox version: 49.0.
Brief version: 2.2.2
- di Eddie, 4 anni faValutata 5 su 5I love Brief reader especially because it is the only one that allows me to store feeds more than one month (i need it for my historical research) , but it's very slow to show items at each opening and each reload. Someone is experiencing the same problem on Mac/FF v45?
- di s69, 4 anni faValutata 3 su 5The same issue here: Works only on one Computer. If you're syncing with another one, it doesn't find the folder with the feeds. It's not possible to chance the folder with the stored feeds like it was in earlyer versions of this add-on. I had to switch to bamboo :-(
- di Utente Firefox 12367912, 4 anni faValutata 3 su 5The extension is work well, but it is only on 1 PC, if I use this on 2 PCs, this extension don't use "Subscribed feeds" from data sync. It creates another "Subscribed feed" in the bookmark, and The data in bookmark is duplicated. Please check.
- di Alex, 4 anni faValutata 5 su 5Робята, заробите ешо одну крайне важнецкую функцию - чтобы была кнопка или функция сохранения записи не в общем канале, а в канале автора. А то если жмакать на крестик - запись пропадает из общего канала и из канала автора одновременно. А если галочку - просто помечается как прочитанная и ниоткуда не убирается. Закладки - тоже не вариант. Сделайте, комрады!
- di BarbieBarb, 4 anni faValutata 4 su 5Great addon thankyou Webdeveloper.
I highly recommend to others.
I only need to check once a day and so would be nice to be restartless so that I can shut it off after first checking to keep limit of addons. Thankyou
- di tassiekev, 4 anni faValutata 5 su 5I've been searching for a new reader since Greader left the scene - I've tried quite a few and now I've found what I was looking for. Simple to use, clean interface, nice to look at and easy to read (the whole point). Oh! and its free (and ad-free).
- di Utente Firefox 12087697, 4 anni faValutata 1 su 5installed it, followed the instructions but the menu item that is supposed to allow you to subscribe doesn't activate when your on the rss feed page... so it's useless or I'm missing something. been trying to find an add on to allow me to download podcasts with firefox forever!!! why must I be stuck with itunes!!!!
- di ab, 4 anni faValutata 5 su 5Brief is a great reader that gets the details right. I love that the "unread items" view shows oldest items first, but the "all items" view reverses this. A lot of readers don't even have an oldest-first option, and when they do it's a global setting even though viewing all items oldest-first rarely makes sense.
I like also the integration with Firefox's bookmarks/live bookmarks, and it was so easy to customize the font with a couple lines of CSS! And opening new items opens them in background tabs.