- Valutata 2 su 5di Utente Firefox 13440221, 5 anni faABP 3.0.1 and Firefox 57.0 breaks all web pages, I cannot view web contents. Mozilla starting to become assholes the Adblock Plus will be considered a "legacy" add-on and won't work starting with Firefox 57.0. BUT of course there are solutions:
Re-Install Ad Block Plus from browser, and manually update the filter page in ABP advance settings.
Filter lists here https://adblockplus.org/subscriptions and subscribe to EasyList filter. There are other filters I picked
Anti ad blocking (removes that annoying "Please allow this domain" on certain websites)
Fanboy's Annoyances (removes ads in social media like youtube and facebook)
You can test other filters as well, up to you. That's all we can do as end users.
I'm waiting for ABP to release compatible version for Firefox.
- Valutata 2 su 5di TBeholder, 5 anni faDumbing down of interface in 3.0 made creation of custom filters complicated to the point of being prohibitively time-consuming.
But ability to generate custom filters on the fly was one of the main reasons to use ABP in the first place. Because filtering of hosts with ready lists can be done by simpler and thus lighter addons. Or on several other levels (all the way down to hosts file) that don't involve sticking more addons into already memory-hogging browser.
Thus it went from "indispensable" to "barely useful".
- Valutata 2 su 5di Utente Firefox 13428503, 5 anni faEver since they changed it to be more "newbie friendly" Adblock has been more resource intensive and it's harder to use features I used a lot (such as turning off adblock on all sites temporarily). I don't care how pretty it looks when it's not as functional. I wish I could downgrade then I would be happy again. Trying uBlock Origin as a replacement.
- Valutata 2 su 5di Mark Craig, 5 anni faWithout the flexibility of Element Hiding Helper, this extension is DEAD TO ME. The functionality that tries to replace EHH in the latest AdBlockPlus is apparently no longer based on Aardvark, lacks the utility of the earlier versions that were, and is utterly UNUSABLE... even after I figured out that some old syntax was no longer recognized and caused ALL the custom filters to be ignored until I removed the offending rules, which had to be done in a separate text editor because the error dialog made LINE references that were not duplicated in the built-in textarea editor.
The world is soon to gain another Luddite, because I won't want to set foot in the Corporate Web without sufficient tools to combat it. Adblock Plus alone is a toy for idiots that, much like the Corporate Web itself, leaves all the crucial decisions in the hands of someone other than me.
- Valutata 2 su 5di Utente Firefox 13417130, 5 anni faSucks since the update for web extensions.
Many options i have come to rely on are now missing.
Edit: Added a start because it was possible to downgrade again.
Thoughtful, since i plan to stay with 56 until Mozilla has come back to their senses.
- Valutata 2 su 5di Utente Firefox 13416786, 5 anni faAfter the latest ABP update the firefox is taking too much memory (1gb+ )... never had this problem with 2.x.x versions ...i dont have any other addons installed in my browser so i suspect this is an ABP issue
- Valutata 2 su 5di kalel0, 5 anni faCette nouvelle version de Adblock Plus compatible avec Firefox 57 est décevante. D'abord la fonction pour bloquer des éléments sur une page ne fonctionne tout simplement pas ensuite le choix de liste de blocage qu'on peut ajouter est très réduit et pour terminer les fonctionnalités des options ne sont même pas toutes traduites (en l’occurrence (en français). Avoir pris tout ce temps pour ce résultat décevant, honnêtement ça ne valait pas la peine.
Replica dello sviluppatorepubblicato il 5 anni faWe are aware of the issue with the Block Element dialog and are investigating it. You should expect it to be addressed with a follow-up release soon. You can still add any filter list you want, nothing changed here (you can use the links on https://adblockplus.org/subscriptions for example). As to missing translations, everybody is free to help out with those on https://crowdin.com/project/adblockpluschrome and https://crowdin.com/project/adblockplusui (strangely, French is supposed to be 100% translated).
- Valutata 2 su 5di Utente Firefox 10936178, 5 anni faI can't seem to add more than one filter list on Android. Maybe this is intentional if having a lot of filters is bad for performance? Surely adding the no coin list alongside easy list should be fine?